Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 5 released

I'd just like to add my thanks. It's rather fun and exciting to install a new OS. This time I managed it without knackering my main SD card.

BUG REPORT

When you switch from XFCE to MINIMENU then back to XFCE the task bar will generate two of the configure icons (the button you push on the task bar to enable/disable wifi/bluetooth/usb host) and I have not found a way to remove the redundant one. I assume this is because iit is never killed in the first place when you switch from XFCE in the first place. I am not savvy enough to confirm that, just a hunch.

BUG REPORT

When you switch from XFCE to MINIMENU then back to XFCE the task bar will generate two of the configure icons (the button you push on the task bar to enable/disable wifi/bluetooth/usb host) and I have not found a way to remove the redundant one. I assume this is because iit is never killed in the first place when you switch from XFCE in the first place. I am not savvy enough to confirm that, just a hunch.
I can confirm this behaviour, I noticed it myself today.

- Neelix

Ahh, the session manager doesn't quit it... thanks for letting me know, I'll check it for the final.

I like that new configure icon in the task bar that gives quick access to most things you'd want to toggle. Is it easily customizable? Would it be possible to add SD Mass Storage to it? This is how I transfer stuff to my Pandora most of the time.

That's a bug then. It was definitely configured for 95% in HF6, it's in the release notes. Configuration file is "/etc/pandora/conf/eventmap", at the bottom in the "[battery_charge]" section. My first fix used the TWL chip to estimate when it should start and stop charging exclusively. Notaz replaced it with a check on the BQ chip, much more accurate because it uses the exact same value that is displayed in the taskbar to restart the charging. If the taskbar reads less than 95% and it hasn't restarted the charge then there is definitely a problem with the script.

Well, with SuperZaxxon Beta 5, my Pandora apparently dropped down to about 92% after charging (twice). It didn't resume charging (or, it didn't indicate that it did), but it definitely didn't do it at 95% (or the battery meter is buggy).

As an aside, while I was trying to test this, I noticed something odd: I was keeping my Pandora plugged in, charging, in low-power mode. Later, I checked it while the light was off to see how much it had discharged, and it read 92%. I closed the lid (it's set to blank the screen in this case), and I came back some time later (no less than a half hour, I think, plenty of time to discharge a good 5% without suspend-to-RAM AFAIK), and it was still at 92%. I rebooted just to be sure it wasn't a wrong reading, and sure enough, it read 91%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my thanks to the devs involved to this version ....just installed the new version b5a and is like to have a new Pandora.

Thanks a lot :)

I like that new configure icon in the task bar that gives quick access to most things you'd want to toggle. Is it easily customizable? Would it be possible to add SD Mass Storage to it? This is how I transfer stuff to my Pandora most of the time.

At the moment, it needs programming knowledge. The long-term goal is to make all kinds of plugins and have it customizable of what plugins that should be loaded, and possibly have a scriptable type of plugin.

The issue I reported here regarding more than one click being registered when tapping on the touch screen is still happening in beta 5a.

This is most clearly evidenced when playing Loopy from the SGT puzzles collection, where tapping once to mark a wall will result in it being marked, then unmarked again a second later with no further interaction.

I just spent some time playing with xev on the pandora, and observed that there was never more than one ButtonPress event and one ButtonRelease event generated per tap, so it would seem to be an issue with double processing of events. I'm guessing events aren't always removed from the queue when processed?

I'm also wondering if perhaps this may relate to the input leakage issue that B-ZaR had to deal with in PND Manager.

- Neelix

so it would seem to be an issue with double processing of events. I'm guessing events aren't always removed from the queue when processed?

I'm also wondering if perhaps this may relate to the input leakage issue that B-ZaR had to deal with in PND Manager.

I've had on-and-off issues with the Start menu not appearing when I tap it on the screen, but appearing when I press the Pandora logo button. It would seem to follow that if a double-tap is registered, then the menu would indeed not pop up, or would appear and disappear so quickly, it wouldn't be seen.

hrm....

Actually, I take that back... have done some further testing with xev. (using grep this time to filter the output to just button events)

The longer I hold the stylus (or even my fingernail in some tests for better pressure control) the more likely it is there will be extraneous ButtonPress and ButtonRelease events. It doesn't happen as often with a quick tap so I missed it before. Sometimes I can hold the stylus down for a second or more, and get one pair of events, othertimes I'll get several pairs, with even a quick tap.

- Neelix

When it's booting/shutting down. Should it say "Booting Kernel 2.6.27" or 3.2...

It seems to hang on the same screen when shutting down and doesn't seem to shutdown at all. It didn't do this at first and only recently started happening.

Well, after reflashing to 5a (although, i'm sure 5 would work the same too) it says Kernel 3.2. So i don't know what I did to break it the first time, but what can I do to make sure I don't break it again? Or if it goes to the older kernel, is there a way I can change it back?

PND manager seems to work fine again for me under the 5a beta, I'm still having that freezing issue with my left nub. I originally noticed it when coming back out of low power mode, but it's definitely been there the last 2 times I've flashed my pandora (probably on beta 4 too, but I can't be 100% sure), so when I run the startup wizard, my nub won't operate until I remove the left SD card.

Also, when flashing the Pandora, is it normaly for error messages to appear sometimes, and is there any way to retrace this installation log, if I needed to upload it online?

Bug Report

On the new kernel 3.2 my right nub stopped working...nothing seems to resurrect it (try with nubmanager..but nothing) also InputTester show that is inactive.

On the old kernel the nub return to work.

This sounds a bit similar to my left nub issue, did you try removing the SD cards and seeing if it works again after that?

(null)

When I unplug the cable after charging and want to shut down my Pandora it reboots. Then I have to shut down it again. Can anyone confirm this?

The issue I reported here regarding more than one click being registered when tapping on the touch screen is still happening in beta 5a.

I've noticed this as well, after Super Zaxxon Beta 4, playing MinedOut!. Not exactly sure that's when it started happening, that's just when I noticed it, thought it was a problem with MinedOut!.

Back