Steam Deck (using SteamOS) handheld by Valve

A hub with HDMI out? I can't see a way of making that without containing most of a computer inside the hub.
usb-c hubs have everything, from RJ45 to HDMI, and you can even use a hub port to recharge the main pc... as silly as it is

I think i will make some Videos on this thing as far as it arrived (im still on this 5 € Que to make a Preeorder)

I wonder: as its based on a Linux System, is there also this Lutris available to play some GOG or other Games?

So this means when Lutris works, i could run Rigs of Rods? So this thing might be much more usefull than just a Steam Game Player.. Have a lot of Games from GOG..

Congratiolations ^^

I wonder if there are some Streaming Service Players for the Steam Deck, as it might be then much more usefull..
So Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Chrunshyroll.. Youtube should work allready..

So i could take it in the Garden and watch some Anime or play Beam NG Drive or something..

I wonder if there are some Streaming Service Players for the Steam Deck, as it might be then much more usefull..
So Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Chrunshyroll.. Youtube should work allready
I don't think there are specific streaming apps, but as it's Linux, then I'm assuming that you can run a browser for those things in desktop mode (not sure how that's activated on the Deck yet)

On my normal Linux, you need a special extension for Chromium to run DRM Stuff, i ditnt this to run on the ARM Based Computers yet, but maybe on the Steamdeck there should be a bit more stuff running..

I always thought CrunchyRoll ran in (FireFox) without anything special loaded; I'm sure my wife still watches it ok in FireFox on Ubuntu. Don't know re Netflix.

Would make sense to had the Steam Deck OS DRM Friendly, so maybe the Steam Deck Linux got some adjustments, which also leads to some special features like Streaming Services running..

Quick update. The Steam Deck is awesome! Play it every evening :)

This doesn't dampen my need for a Pyra (as much as I thought it might). Great as the Steam Deck is, it's too big (and fragile) to be portable, so it's just for playing games on the couch while the missus watches something on TV.

Im a bit disappointed that you find this important information nothing else on the Steam App , some would have to put this in there budget plan, and it’s now 3 months earlier than expected..

Why is the Steamdeck to fragile to be portable?

My plan is at least take it whit me in the Garden as a YouTube / Streaming Tablet as the screen shall be quite good ..

Why is the Steamdeck to fragile to be portable
I don't know how fragile it is, but it is large and clunky to carry, and of course isn't clamshell, so it feels less protected. It is very portable with the case though, just requires a bit more faff, and much bigger pockets. Oh, and you might want to be close to a charger, depending on what games you're playing and for how long.

Im a bit confused whit the Symbols from the Games on the Steam Shop: There are Windows, Apple, and Steam Symbols under the Game, but Snowrunner only got a Windows Symbol but the Shop Side also stated that its playaple on the Steam Deck..

How is this possible? Steam OS got a Arch Linux Chassis, so no Windows at all..

Dos this means that you can also run Windows Steam Stuff on the Steam Deck? Is there some sort of Wine or Photon Support that make this possible?

Dos this means that you can also run Windows Steam Stuff on the Steam Deck? Is there some sort of Wine or Photon Support that make this possible
Yes, it uses Proton and perhaps dosbox (not sure) to add compatibility. There are a huge amount of Windows games that -can- run well on it, even if they have the question mark icon, although they may be tricky to set up or may be glitchy at times (Return to Zork works, but it keeps getting really laggy for me at times).

One tip: learn the deck special button presses (hold the steam button and y for a help overlay) - things like to bring up the screen keyboard, use the mouse pointer or press escape can be handy to use occasionally in some games that use a mixture of controls.

Back