Release Stardew Valley launcher

I don't care if there's no sound at all if it means I can play on the go!
[doublepost=1526190265][/doublepost]Hmm, it seems like 8KHz is an unsupported sample rate for XNA apps, or at least this one. I'll have to just get a cheap flash drive to use for swap!
Yeah, you're right, it seems to not accept that low value.
Also, I tried to convert to 8 bits values (it's supported by the xwb format), but it seems MonoGame doesn't recognise 8bits and still play like if it was 16bits...

I have again modified the resample tool to be able to change long sound by 1 sec silence.
I'll probably repackage the PND to remove that 8kHz option and add the ability to remove sound longer than 30 sec or longer than 180 sec (or not remove anything of course).
The "30sec" option should allow you to play without swapfile (but without any music). I haven't tried the 180sec option yet (there are a few music that long).

So, build 04 is on the repo. The 8kHz option is gone, and a new one to remove bigger file is there.
When removing "> 30 sec" files, the CC without swapfile is able to launch it! Of course, in that case you have no music (and probably a few sound too)

Build 04
------------

• Removed 8kHz option in resample tool (game don't accept that)
  • Added option to remove biggest sounds

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting the game works fine, but after quitting and then trying to load the save it freezes at the loading screen. I gave it about 20 minutes and then killed it. It didn't run out of memory though!

Starting the game works fine, but after quitting and then trying to load the save it freezes at the loading screen. I gave it about 20 minutes and then killed it. It didn't run out of memory though!
My guess is the save is corrupted because it ran out of memory while saving (the save launch some external program: mcs and I guess this one ran out?). Can you see the size of the save state? (save should be in appdata/stardewvalley/home/StardewValley/Saves ). A just starting save is 2.6MB.

hey there, glad that downsampling works!

my fiancee and I are travelling through corfu right now and my pandora is with me (of course). as today is sort of a rainy day, I decided to try playing some stardew valley, but I can't get into a game.

I have a 1.2Gb swap, downsampled the sound to 11khz mono pcm. I can get to the title screen but starting a new game fails when the game autosaves for the first time. I am on the latest SZ, running default sgx drivers, latest monoRT freshly installed.

here's the pnd.out:
Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/pandora/pandora/menu/stardewvalley.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/pandora/pandora/appdata/stardewvalley
APPDD_FSTYPE    : ext3
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/stardewvalley"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/pandora/pandora/appdata/stardewvalley=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/stardewvalley=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/stardewvalley"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/monort"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/SLACK/pandora/appdata/monort=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/monort=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/monort"
monort pnd build 6
Welcome to mono command line
you can compile C# program with xbuild
or use MonoDevelop GUI with monodevelop
type exit to close this window
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/utmp/stardewvalley/lib:/mnt/utmp/monort/lib
LIBGL: ERROR: EGL Error detected: EGL_BAD_ACCESS (0x0)
LIBGL: Initialising gl4es
LIBGL: v1.0.7 built on May  9 2018 13:57:07
LIBGL: using framebuffer + fbo
LIBGL: Using GLES 2.0 backend
LIBGL:loaded: libGLESv2.so
LIBGL:loaded: libEGL.so
LIBGL: Using GLES 2.0 backend
LIBGL: Hardware Limited NPOT detected and used
LIBGL: FBO are in core, and so used
LIBGL: PointSprite are in core, and so used
LIBGL: CubeMap are in core, and so used
LIBGL: BlendColor is in core, and so used
LIBGL: Blend Substract is in core, and so used
LIBGL: Blend Function and Equation Separation is in core, and so used
LIBGL: Texture Mirrored Repeat is in core, and so used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_mapbuffer detected
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_element_index_uint detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_depth24 detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays detected
LIBGL: Extension GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_depth_texture detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_texture_float detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_fragment_precision_high detected and used
LIBGL: Max vertex attrib: 8
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_standard_derivatives detected and used
LIBGL: Max texture size: 2048
LIBGL: Max Varying Vector: 8
LIBGL: Texture Units: 4(8), Max lights: 8, Max planes: 6
LIBGL: Hardware vendor is Imagination Technologies
LIBGL: Texture shink, mode 11 selected (advertise a max texture size *2, but every texture with one dimension > max texture size will get shrinked to max texture size), but not for empty texture
LIBGL: Targeting OpenGL 2.1
LIBGL: Enable FastMath for cortex-a8
LIBGL: Forcing NPOT support by disabling MIPMAP support for NPOT textures 
LIBGL: glXMakeCurrent FBO workaround enabled
LIBGL: Current folder is:/mnt/utmp/stardewvalley
LIBGL: Forcing FBO size 1280x720 (800x480)
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetSwapIntervalMESA not found.
glX stub: glDrawBuffers
exception inside UnhandledException handler: Cannot create /mnt/utmp/stardewvalley/StardewValley because a file with the same name already exists.

AL lib: (WW) FreeDevice: (0x562840) Deleting 362 Buffers
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewValley.SaveGame' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=127).
error : /mnt/utmp/monort/bin/mono: error while loading shared libraries: libcharset.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile (System.Reflection.Assembly parent, System.String ns, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, System.Security.Policy.Evidence evidence) [0x0021a] in <6ae059f0031c41678fe59d0a71fa71a9>:0 
  at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, System.Type[] types, System.String defaultNamespace, System.Security.Policy.Evidence evidence, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Collections.Hashtable assemblies) [0x004c2] in <6ae059f0031c41678fe59d0a71fa71a9>:0 
  at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, System.Type[] types, System.String defaultNamespace, System.String location, System.Security.Policy.Evidence evidence) [0x0006a] in <6ae059f0031c41678fe59d0a71fa71a9>:0 
  at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlMapping xmlMapping, System.Type type, System.String defaultNamespace, System.String location, System.Security.Policy.Evidence evidence) [0x00000] in <6ae059f0031c41678fe59d0a71fa71a9>:0 
  at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor (System.Type type, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeOverrides overrides, System.Type[] extraTypes, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute root, System.String defaultNamespace, System.String location, System.Security.Policy.Evidence evidence) [0x0005c] in <6ae059f0031c41678fe59d0a71fa71a9>:0 
  at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor (System.Type type, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeOverrides overrides, System.Type[] extraTypes, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute root, System.String defaultNamespace, System.String location) [0x00000] in <6ae059f0031c41678fe59d0a71fa71a9>:0 
  at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor (System.Type type, System.Type[] extraTypes) [0x00000] in <6ae059f0031c41678fe59d0a71fa71a9>:0 
  at StardewValley.SaveGame..cctor () [0x001b3] in <63176163bfde464b9fb2f13114acb080>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime time) [0x000cc] in <63176163bfde464b9fb2f13114acb080>:0 
  at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x002d6] in <63176163bfde464b9fb2f13114acb080>:0 
  at StardewValley.Game1.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00c33] in <63176163bfde464b9fb2f13114acb080>:0 
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x0001c] in <79b368cbcac44b18bda81ffecb21dcb8>:0 
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick () [0x000ff] in <79b368cbcac44b18bda81ffecb21dcb8>:0 
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop () [0x0001c] in <79b368cbcac44b18bda81ffecb21dcb8>:0 
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameRunBehavior runBehavior) [0x0008a] in <79b368cbcac44b18bda81ffecb21dcb8>:0 
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () [0x0000c] in <79b368cbcac44b18bda81ffecb21dcb8>:0 
  at StardewValley.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00028] in <63176163bfde464b9fb2f13114acb080>:0 
unmout monort
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/monort': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/stardewvalley': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 6

I think tomorrow the weather is going to be better and depending on how we feel, we might stay at the inn we're at right now or continue on the corfu trail and camp out somewhere. olive trees usually do not provide wifi ^^... I might have to wait until we're back in Germany before I can reply again.

anyway, thanks again for your efforts @ptitSeb, maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong.

btw olive trees would be a great addition to the game, might have to create a mod for that: stardew valley greek edition - welcome to olive meadows :-D

Mmm, I think I have forgot to export XDG_CONFIG_HOME (that should be the same value as HOME)
Also, it seems I'm missing a lib: libcharset.so.1 also.

I'll repackage tonight.
[doublepost=1526333181,1526309741][/doublepost]So, After some testing on my CC model, I finaly got the Save to work. But you will need to download a new build of the Mono RunTime PND also (build 09).
About memory, on my CC, and with mono sounds at 11kHz with all sounds > 30 sec removed (so smallest sounds), I still needed a 512 MB swapfile (256 was not enough). So yeah, a Swapfile is still needed for this game.

Build 05
------------

• Fixed Saves that was crashing
  • Needs Mono RunTime PND build 09

Reactions: ___
Eki's written an article on this which contains a video I think he must've made himself, as I don't think I've seen it before:

https://www.giantpockets.com/stardew-valley-runs-on-the-pandora/

Code:
https://www.giantpockets.com/stardew-valley-runs-on-the-pandora/

Edit: I've watched the video now. Judging by the fact he launched it from codeblocks as well as the save file name, I guess it's just one of ptitseb's videos probably already posted to the first page of this thread. Still, nice of Eki to highlight it, as I'd clearly missed it the first time round.

Last edited:
okay I am back from my holidays now. Thanks for the bugfix, the game runs now.

One major problem I had when playing was with the controls. It's awkward, because the game assumes people use a mouse and it's no fun with nub-mouse emulation (trying to hit the correct spot with the watering can for example, or trying to use the scythe to mow down some plant, but instead mowing down all plants in the vicinity because mouse events trigger again and again).

@ptitSeb As the game natively has controller support, would it be possible that we configure the pandora this way? or even emulate an xpad?

@xnopasaranx : If I understood correctly, with funkey-monkey the Pyra will be able to do that, and @sebt3 started working on that. But on the Pandora, that's another story, and for now, there is no what is needed for that in SDL2. What about the touchscreen? Isn't that better than the nubs for this game?

@sebt3 started working on that.
Nope, it's finished :p
But on the Pandora, that's another story, and for now, there is no what is needed for that in SDL2. What about the touchscreen? Isn't that better than the nubs for this game?
funkeymonkey should work like a breath on the pandora too. I'm pretty sure that was the devel environnement @B-ZaR used. Ask him to know what's missing here ;)

It sucks that we have to deal with these issues considering the engine for GTAV is almost entirely procedurally generated scalable data! In vector formats and eveything!

Unfortunately we couldn't borrow the RAGE codebase anyway since it belongs to Warner Bros and normally used for CGI renderfarms. Honestly, pay close attention to stuff like clothes creases!

Atari veterans know what they're doing, but Pandora isn't missing out on much anyway since it evidently is tuned for very very large machines. Stuff like Beaterator on the PSP really struggles, and I was shocked that even a PSP clone of this in ropey LUA was way faster. I mean the load times off the UMD disc are shocking, and even with iso backup menus and section loading are snorefest. Shame they couldn't get the streaming system to work on Vice City Stories, and it isn't suprising that PSP never got San Andreas. Surely it has more ram than a Playstation2? So it must be some other issue.

I was looking into the whole subject for my own libraries, because it would make me happy to have realtime Gimp or Audacity functionality. Thus far Jornada code shows promise, because even on mutliple graphics library conversion, Sunvox and plasma tech demos work at more than fullspeed. The whole thing being dependant on cache i think, which is fast for procedural data. Actually better than the RAGE stuff which is no doubt configured for some large L2 cache or something like that. Bit of a mystery really.

It sucks that we have to deal with these issues considering the engine for GTAV is almost entirely procedurally generated scalable data! In vector formats and eveything!

Unfortunately we couldn't borrow the RAGE codebase anyway since it belongs to Warner Bros and normally used for CGI renderfarms. Honestly, pay close attention to stuff like clothes creases!

Atari veterans know what they're doing, but Pandora isn't missing out on much anyway since it evidently is tuned for very very large machines. Stuff like Beaterator on the PSP really struggles, and I was shocked that even a PSP clone of this in ropey LUA was way faster. I mean the load times off the UMD disc are shocking, and even with iso backup menus and section loading are snorefest. Shame they couldn't get the streaming system to work on Vice City Stories, and it isn't suprising that PSP never got San Andreas. Surely it has more ram than a Playstation2? So it must be some other issue.

I was looking into the whole subject for my own libraries, because it would make me happy to have realtime Gimp or Audacity functionality. Thus far Jornada code shows promise, because even on mutliple graphics library conversion, Sunvox and plasma tech demos work at more than fullspeed. The whole thing being dependant on cache i think, which is fast for procedural data. Actually better than the RAGE stuff which is no doubt configured for some large L2 cache or something like that. Bit of a mystery really.

What? Did you post in the wrong thread perhaps? Or how does gtaV and procedural data fit in with stardew valley and controller emulation???

@ptitSeb no the touchscreen will not quite work out for doing these things in stardew valley. You want to be running around using the dpad and use your tools on things while you go, that's not quite possible while using the touchscreen at the same time.
I will give funkey-monkey a shot though.

HI all !
You need data from the Linux full version of the game. It can be from Steam or GoG. The windows version of the game will not work. If you have the gog version, you can put the gog_stardew*.sh setup file in appdata/stardewvalley for autoextraction (untested).

@ptitSeb : I just bought the Linux version of Stardew Valley from GOG, and your auto-extracter works like a charm :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

I bought the game today, especially for on my Pandora but somehow performance on my unit isn't nearly as good as on the youtube video. My Pandora runs at 1.2 GHz with a 1GB swap file.
I downsampled to 11 kHz mono and it runs but everything is very slow. What can I try to improve the speed?

I bought the game today, especially for on my Pandora but somehow performance on my unit isn't nearly as good as on the youtube video. My Pandora runs at 1.2 GHz with a 1GB swap file.
I downsampled to 11 kHz mono and it runs but everything is very slow. What can I try to improve the speed?
try the 4.10 sgx driver maybe?

Also I guess this is the new 1.3 Multiplayer update you are using? I haven't tried this one yet.

This is on my wishlist. It has gone on sale a few times but I just haven't gotten it yet. Maybe I should hold off and play it on my Pandora or maybe wait for the Pyra to play it.

I reloaded GPU driver 4.10 and upgraded my Pandora's OS but I got the same issue as Silent-Hunter. I then tried to create a new game which did start but unfortunately it is way too slow to be fun to play. I guess I'll have to wait for my Pyra.

I reloaded GPU driver 4.10 and upgraded my Pandora's OS but I got the same issue as Silent-Hunter. I then tried to create a new game which did start but unfortunately it is way too slow to be fun to play. I guess I'll have to wait for my Pyra.
I'll redo a test this weekend (I have to update my copy to 1.3 first). I'll also try to update the PND with latest gl4es binary and a few more option to speed things up.

So I tested latest version of Stardew Valley, and indeed, it's very slow now with the CoOp update :(.
I tried to add as much optim as I can on gl4es, but I'm not sure it is slowing down because of graphics. It seems it is related to the new network code, that seems always present. Not sure what next step I'll do (maybe keep the old exe in the pnd and ask to swap if I detect new coop version?).

Still, I updated the pnd with latest lib...

Build 06
------------

• Update libs (gl4es and openal).
  • Added a few option to gl4es in launcher

Back