Blade Runner on Pandora?

milinks

Having been digging through my favourite Dosbox games recently, I've come across an all time great game, Blade Runner. Unfortunately this doesn't run on Dosbox, but having read through the forums for help, I've come across two threads :-

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/13356-qemu-win95-drivers-for-256-colour-support/

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/10164-optimal-qemu-setup-for-starcraft/page-3#entry248207

both of which mention Blade Runner, and having it working under Qemu, just not the "how" bit. The bad side of it is, that along with a LOT of things, I have no knowledge of Qemu, and the wiki thread has been deleted.

Would anyone be kind enough to either, point me in the best direction for an idiot to understand Qemu, or to guide me as to install Qemu fo Blade Runner?

Apologies about not having little, if any knowledge regarding this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link

Hope that helps
lol! :) I just popped up to edit my post, and say I'd found the Qemu wiki only to find you'd read my mind, :) thanks for the response drock, cos it was pure luck i found it, and your response wouldve been a life-saver, thankyou anyway :) (now i just need to read through it .. oh yeah, and understand it hopefully :) )

hi,ist there any Demoversion of this Game out?

When yes can i make a short Qemu Speedtest on the 1 GHZ Pandora with it.

Have ready to Test Windows95Qemu Images @ Home.

Btw:When you encounter Problems with Qemu on the Pandora,just post them in this Thread

The movie was an all-time great. The game, not so much.
I'd say the exact opposite.

Making a comparably dumb action movie out of this outstanding book by Philip K. Dick was just wrong,

the game doesn't have much to do with either but is quite good though. I have the original CDs.

The movie was an all-time great. The game, not so much.

I'd say the exact opposite.

Making a comparably dumb action movie out of this outstanding book by Philip K. Dick was just wrong,

the game doesn't have much to do with either but is quite good though. I have the original CDs.
Blade runner, an action movie? Like where?

So here's the thing..... where Qemu, (and a LOT of things!!) are concerned, I'm thick!.... not just a little bit thick, but the second prize winner in "I'm the thickest guy who's ever registered on the OpenPandora forum.." thick!!. so, after that admission,  i'm looking for for some advice in relation to the blade runner game, i've got the 4 disks, the oringnal game etc, having read the qemu info i'm still none the wiser, as in do i make a disk image with win 95 AND the B/runner disks? Do i make a blank disk image and "import" those into a qemu format? Heckle me, throw stones, but could someone give me an idea, or point me in the direction as to how i can get the 4 original disks, and make them into an image that qemu would understand. I know im thick, i slap myself realising that how thick i am, i don't understand the process, i've tried to read it through, but everywhere i read, it has the presumption i know the smallest bit on how to address this issue. Unfortunatey  i do not. So being a member of a forum, (which is a public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation), i'm the audience participation, just looking for input from experts, could someone please explain to me, the first steps on how i can make blade runner happen. I definatey dont want someone to put in all the effort whilst i sit back. I 'm just asking for advice from you guys who understand all this, so i can learn from this input and hopefully be of a greater use to this forum in the future. I'm sure this sounds crap but i'm just asking for help from ppl who have the knowledge in them, that i newbie can understand :)

You can mount isos and physical odds in qemu. Just think of it as any other VM-system, start by installing the OS into the virtual system, then install the game

I made a Qcow2 Image for Windows95 installation:

http://mcobit.openpandora.org/qemu-images/DRDOSWindows95SetupDiskwithCDROMsupport.rar

Use this Image as Qemu HDD and your Windows95 Iso as CDROM.

Its a Bootable QemuHDD Image which when you start is it nearly self explained ;)

First Step ist :

Get Windows95 Working

Second Step is:

Optimize the Windows to be faster

Thirt Step:

Install your Game(which here you have a Problem because your Game has 4 CDs)

I recommend to install then your Game with Qemu Manager for PC and Choose then the "real Drive"

Another Problem from Qemu is that Qemu support only Iso Files,no Bin,Cue,CCD,MDF and others..

..only Isos.

Multitrack CDROMS are very difficult to get run,i will help you.

But back to the First Step here:

Get Windows95 Running on your Pandora first :rolleyes:

And BTW we have a Qemu PND here:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=qemu

or a little tweaked one from me here: (this one have little optimizons on the Gui,but delete the old Appdate before running)

http://qemu.openpandora.org/PNDs/qemu.pnd

So here's the thing..... where Qemu, (and a LOT of things!!) are concerned, I'm thick!.... not just a little bit thick, but the second prize winner in "I'm the thickest guy who's ever registered on the OpenPandora forum.." thick!!.
OK, then, although I am not a guy...I win the first prize in the aforementioned contest.  I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag.

Thank you guys very much! :) now i can crack on n have a better understanding of Qemu in general, thanks

Back