Squidgesnes 0.39

Alvin posted on Oct 22 2006 at 01:13 PM said:
cwhobbes posted on Oct 22 2006 at 01:12 PM said:
Crashes for me everytime I try to save my settings. Have to switch off.

Probably the new firmware ? :rolleyes:

I'm using FW 2.1.0, hasn't crashed yet.

Hrm its also happening in 0.38 now.

I managed to use the ssnes.cfg from 0.38 for now, but it still crashes when I try to save.

Can someone please post there ssnes.cfg, with the following options.

Show FPS enabled.
CPU : 265
Ram Timings enabled.
Audio Processor enabled.
Audio Performance Hack enabled.
Use absolute rom dir enabled.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
buu yoshi's island just shows a black screen ...

version 1.0; i have a 1.1 somewhere , i'll check ........

The menu in mario all stars is a bit strange but game itself has no problem. In final fantasy 6 the sound is a bit worse then before. But i like it!!

As soon as I get home I'll do some benchmarking... it's a bitch to forget your GP2X while spending the weekend at your second residence :/

Wow, Super Mario Kart @ 255mhz:
  • Without sound: ~38fps
  • With 11025hz/mono: ~28fps
Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts @ 255mhz:
  • With 11025hz/mono: (fullspeed)
Tetris Attack runs around 11fps..

PokeParadox posted on Oct 22 2006 at 04:30 AM said:
Wow... Notaz added SuperFX already O_O nice :) I will have to see how slow/quickly Star Fox runs :p

Wasnt the yoshi's island problem the same as super mario RPG?... if so, that now works, amirite??
Nope... did you bother reading Notaz's post?
Yes, I did. Did YOU bother reading mine before jumping on my ass? No.

Thanks for the update ED, cant wait to try this!!

Nice work, as there is real progress here and new options.

I also did some benchmarking, keeping auto frame skip on and sound at 16.5khz stereo, 200 mhz, and generally saw an FPS gain of 4-8. Obviously you can squeeze more FPS here by using new options such as bumping down sound quality and enabling the audio hack, but I just wanted to see the overall gain from the new sound core.

Megaman X :
  • 255Mhz/11025Hz/Mono/Fs0: ~ 60fps (fullspeed=60)
  • 200Mhz/11025Hz/Mono/Fs0: ~ 50-60fps
  • 200Mhz/44100Hz/Mono/Fs0: ~ 46-60fps
Supper Turrican 2:
  • 255Mhz/11025Hz/Mono/Fs0: ~ 11-23fps (fullspeed=60)
  • 255Mhz/Without Sound/Fs0: ~ 21-27fps
Supper R-Type:
  • 255Mhz/11025Hz/Mono/Fs0: ~ 45-50fps (fullspeed=50)
..wow.

i have found killer instinct and UMK3 will no longer load at all, both were playable in the previous version,

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 22 2006 at 03:30 PM said:
Wow... Notaz added SuperFX already O_O nice :) I will have to see how slow/quickly Star Fox runs :p

Wasnt the yoshi's island problem the same as super mario RPG?... if so, that now works, amirite??

I did read your post... which is why I "jumped on your ass" (whatever that means...)... anyway it wasn't supposed to be an attack, I probably didn't phrase things aswell as I should have, but I was merely pointing out that Notaz has been quite clear in what this release should bring.

EDIT: crappy typos and spelling and other such nonsense.

1 question, are the buttons mapped correctly ? or is it my fault?

easy to test in smast tv since pressing the button should fire in the corensponding direction.

yoshi's island japanese version 1.2 : runs! :] sound bugs because of slowness probably, some graphical bugs

euro version 1.1: runs!
but more bugs, intro/story screen is all black , ingame ok, same as the japanese 1.2 :D

so i try older japanese ones : 1.0 and 1.1 runs, no black screen during the story :D

PokeParadox posted on Oct 22 2006 at 10:52 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 22 2006 at 03:30 PM said:

I did read your post... which is why I "jumped on your ass" (whatever that means...)... anyway it wasn't supposed to be an attack, I probably didn't phrase things aswell as I should have, but I was merely pointing out that Notaz has been quite clear in what this release should bring.

EDIT: crappy typos and spelling and other such nonsense.
Still you havent read my post. Go back and read it. You missed the edit from 1 minute after the original post ;)

I tested this version, and I was overjoyed to see yoshi's island run! I cant wait until it gets closer to full speed :D

To poke and daclassicgamingmaster: Stop quoting each others crap, no one wants to read it.

Back