Squidgesnes 0.39

Nice work notaz!

I see that the battery meter is implemented again, didn't the removal of it speed the emu up?

well i tested Super mario all starts - super mario world game.

i have fs 0, craigix rams timings enabled and the game runs as good as full speed everywhere (60/60) except on the map there it's 53 fps. I didn't have transhack enabled doh so it's still not really fullspeed since transparancies don't work or do they work ???

Things i noticed :
the graphics in the game selection screen are all garbled up but in the rest of the game it's all fine.
sometimes the screen flickers don't know exactly how to explain this
sometimes (very rarely) the game freezes for a second and then goes on

However it's a nice release and progress.

The battery meter did speed a earlier version of SSNES up... in any case, Star Fox doesn't seem to work... so does that mean you only have SuperFX2 working for Yoshi's Island? Great work though. I tried ysohi's island and it is too slow to be playable right now, but certainly at least it runs :)

TIP: People check your Frameskip options since the functionality actually depends to what set in the menu again :)

EDIT: Star Fox DOES work. You have to turn off the audio hack, since it breaks compatibility with Star Fox. :)
EDIT2: Yeah it's no where near playable as yet... oh well. Yoshi's Island also virtually locks up... Well it's nice to see these games actually on the GP2X, even if they aren't quite playable yet. :)

Yes! Finally Seiken Densetsu 3 has nice sound! It sounded terrible with the last release!

Perfect! Just what I need for my 15 hours trip to Korea on Wednesday. Thanks! :)

Despite the hard work I think something must have got broken in the process?
As mentioned above the mario allstars/world game screen is now severely distorted.
It seems to slow down a lot more now when there are a lot of sprites on the screen (mario kart), maybe this was because auto frame skip was on before?

But its great not having the Vol+/- come up anymore!
Keep up the fantastic work.

DBH posted on Oct 22 2006 at 11:32 AM said:
Super mario kart seems to be playing worse than 0.38... it stutters with the audio when it appears with the nintendo logo hmm :(
Working fine for me, only the nintendo logo is acting strange, thats all.

Last edited by a moderator:
not for me :( im using bog standard settings and no overclock and its playing degraded I used same settings in previous versions and it played fine.. doh. Im going to try and delete all my files and reput it on card and see if that makes a difference.

That probably has to do with frameskip being 0 by default, try setting it to auto.

You probably have to set the frameskip option, because in 0.38 and previous versions that option was not used as it was hardcoded. Now you have to explicitly enable it.
I didn't try it yet though so this are only guesses...

yeah its just a matter of turning autoframeskip on. If anything I reckon the auto frame skip is better now. Mario kart is faster with the new auto framskip and best sound setting enabled! wooo!

PokeParadox posted on Oct 22 2006 at 12:08 PM said:
TIP: People check your Frameskip options since the functionality actually depends to what set in the menu again :)
If you pay attention to what other people are saying you'll get your problems solved much more easily ;) (j/k)

Ok deleted the files put em back on ... redid the settings and it works perfectly now (except for the nintendo logo audio as Draco said) I think it was the autoframeskip like you said... but mariokart seems to play a hell of a lot faster than before (maybe because I had frameskip 0 on before who knows lol) but seems good now :D

FS0:
With SMK, everything is fine until you start racing, then it goes from 60FPS to an unplayable 30, and that's at 280Mhz. Even no sound makes it slow.

Star Fox goes at about 14FPS with 280Mhz and sound off.

FSAuto:
SMK goes at a playable 20FPS with sound at max quality.

Star Fox runs like shit both with and without sound.

In both Star Foxes, it flickers too, which is rather crap.

Crashes for me everytime I try to save my settings. Have to switch off.

Probably the new firmware ? :rolleyes:

cwhobbes posted on Oct 22 2006 at 01:12 PM said:
Crashes for me everytime I try to save my settings. Have to switch off.

Probably the new firmware ? :rolleyes:

I'm using FW 2.1.0, hasn't crashed yet.

Tryed a few games
so far so good but something is strange with tales of phantasia
the game boot,the menu shows but after a few sec the game freezes
(and all I can hear is a little noise)
Is that game broken due to its size?

see you :lol:

Back