Gpfce 0.4

I tried changing the line drawing settings, but all U and J roms for punchout are still a mess (and run really slow too). I can get along playing the E version though.

Blah said:
How do you enable it? It isn't automatic, at least not for Duck Hunt.
It uses CRC32 to detect when to use zapper, try a different ROM (the one from goodNES set works). There is also a command line option, but I just checked and it does not work for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a huge problem with this emulator.

about the button re-mapping, it wont let you assign a button to both player 1 and player 2. when you map a button to player 2 it deletes the player 1 button configuration and vice versa.

it would be nice if you could control PLAYER1 and PLAYER2 with the same controlls, for fighting games you could enter 2PLAYER mode for practicing moves, or some 2PLAYER contra, 2PLAYER double dragon, 2PLAYER snow bros, etc.

superspudz2000 said:

about the button re-mapping, it wont let you assign a button to both player 1 and player 2. when you map a button to player 2 it deletes the player 1 button configuration and vice versa.

it would be nice if you could control PLAYER1 and PLAYER2 with the same controlls, for fighting games you could enter 2PLAYER mode for practicing moves, or some 2PLAYER contra, 2PLAYER double dragon, 2PLAYER snow bros, etc.
I'm not sure I would call that a 'huge problem.'

naples39 said:
superspudz2000 said:

I'm not sure I would call that a 'huge problem.'

Yeah, I'd think that's more by design than any "problem". Maybe if he feels like it notaz could add some kind of "mirror" 2p control mode but its not really something most people would need.

Well, since this thread has allready risen from the grave, I found a bug (which probably has already been posted about elsewhere).

Lower the volume to the lowest level, and then try to lower it even further. After raising it again, it becomes very staticky. The more you try to "over lower" it, the more static is introduced.

Its kind of a minor gripe, the emulator is amazing otherwise. I sure home i'm not using an older version or something, better check that now :D

i dident really mean to put "huge" in the post. this is an EXCELLENT emulator

i just thought it was a BUG. even the GBA NES emulator has a "P1+P2" option.

load up any PC NES emulator, none of them deletes the player 2 configuration. maybe the GP2X has some technical reason why you cant control player 1 and player 2 at the same time.

since there is no way to LINK 2 GP2X systems together, 2PLAYER games are Impossible.

No it's not because of tech limitation.
Yes it is a design bug in the emu.
Yes it was shortsighted to think people wouldn't want to do what you want to do.
No I don't want to fix this right now, but I'll take this into account for my future work.

BTW, 2 player games are possible using USB joys.

grahf said:
Lower the volume to the lowest level, and then try to lower it even further. After raising it again, it becomes very staticky. The more you try to "over lower" it, the more static is introduced.
I don't think it's emu fault, sounds more like yet another firmware bug. I'm sure this doesn't happen on my F100, I tend to use lowest volume when testing.

Ah I see. I was using it on an F200 with 2.1 firmware. Its something you have to really do deliberately to make happen, so its not really a big problem anyway. I just though i'd post it, since I was under the impression that the lowest volume settings are done via software, and hence might be a bug.

Im sure you've heard it a million times already, but thanks again for this great Emu.

Back