Squidgesnes 0.38

Julius posted on Oct 18 2006 at 08:45 PM said:
drokkeh posted on Oct 18 2006 at 07:26 PM said:
Alvin posted on Oct 18 2006 at 06:36 PM said:
Ooh, Mario Kart is about 25FPS with sound, which runs really smooth!
Any way to use Gmenu2x's selector if you can't pass command line arguments?

25fps with sound?? I presume your doing a time trial? When you have 7 other karts running i am lucky to get above 7fps!

Probably overclocked to 270mhz or something like that, since that is approximatly what I get (with many cars it sometimes drops to something like 17fps). With the autofrmeskip it is very playable though.

280Mhz, but close enough. <3 MK1s and their power to clock higher than inferior MK2s!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alvin posted on Oct 18 2006 at 09:16 PM said:
280Mhz, but close enough. <3 MK1s and their power to clock higher than inferior MK2s!

Hehehe... my Mk2 = 280mhz :p

To add some content to this post... The C4 chip wasn't in Megaman X 1, only MMX 2 and 3.

gaterooze posted on Oct 18 2006 at 11:28 PM said:
If it ran for 30 seconds at 280mhz, chances are it will be stable at 270, or at least 260.

It didnt - It froze after clicking 'load rom'. 270Mhz made the other karts float mid air, 260mhz is just about playable but nothing over 20fps.

Javacat posted on Oct 18 2006 at 09:41 PM said:
Code:
loadrom = /mnt/sd/roms/snes
wantscale = false
fpsdisplay = true
vsync = false
fpslimit = false
squidgetranshack = false
fskip = 0
gp2x_clock = 266
ramtimings = true
gamma = 100
apuenable = true
apumute = false
absromdir = true
snesjoytype = true
lowbattval = 2.4V
negative = 0

Most off all the games I wanted to play worked last release but I was really hoping that the Donkey Kong Country series and the 2 Star Fox games would be playable this release, but no luck unfortunatly; I hope they are playable next release :D

Star Fox games won't just magically start working... They have a special chip inside the cartridge (SuperFX/SuperFX2) These are difficult to emulate!
SNES emulation has to at least reach full speed without the need of high overclocks before emulation of SuperFX is even thought about...

DKC is more playable in NK´SNES.
Perfect transparencies, very good sound and higher framerates than Squidge SNES.
Try it, you will be surprised.

Alvin posted on Oct 18 2006 at 09:16 PM said:

Dude, I have got a First Edition! :p
And actually it goes up to 280mhz but becomes slightly unstable there.

Dunno if it's already been reported before but I still get the BG pop up popping up for no reason. If it has to pop up at random, can't it pop up on the left or right side of the screen, vertically?

And yeah it could be cool to have some sound volume display and active BG display on both side of the screen, out of the SNES area. Just my two cents..

I finally tryed this version of SSNES out and already I think this will stop the need for using 0.37c.. I instantly noticed that the graphics in Mario Kart are perfect now.. thanks again NOTAZ :D

Rivroner posted on Oct 19 2006 at 11:46 AM said:
Perfect transparencies, very good sound and higher framerates than Squidge SNES.

k, will do but i can't find it in the file archive or google. can u pls tell me where I can get it from?

crimsonnight posted on Oct 19 2006 at 05:22 PM said:

k, will do but i can't find it in the file archive or google. can u pls tell me where I can get it from?

Get glasses Alice ... get glasses!

TelcoLou posted on Oct 19 2006 at 10:27 PM said:
crimsonnight posted on Oct 19 2006 at 05:22 PM said:

Get glasses Alice ... get glasses!

ty, but is there any way with the NK emulator's defult ROM directory so it uses the same SD/ROMS/SNES as my other emulator uses?

Back