Sneaky Case Update

torpor:
That reminds me of when I was younger, we had some sort of tomato soup in school some days that was really bland, so alot of us used to cut our cheese (we got some bread and cheese with that soup meal) into noodle shapes in put them into the soup.

A cheese topic! I love cheese :D

normal_adam_and_cheese.jpg

Dimacus said:
torpor:
That reminds me of when I was younger, we had some sort of tomato soup in school some days that was really bland, so alot of us used to cut our cheese (we got some bread and cheese with that soup meal) into noodle shapes in put them into the soup.
Hey, my grade school did that also. Our cheese was just kraft singles type things. I never understood why they wouldn't melt the cheese on the bread, there is no way anyone could be allergic to that fake cheese anyway.

Your post brought back memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elwing said:
craigix said:
Regina was the only place in Canada where I managed to get *REAL* cheese.

real cheese in north america??? how can that be?

imports :)

some liquor stores (huh!) really have nice cheese there.

hch said:
Elwing said:
craigix said:
Regina was the only place in Canada where I managed to get *REAL* cheese.

real cheese in north america??? how can that be?

imports :)

some liquor stores (huh!) really have nice cheese there.
In the town where I grew up there used to be a cheese factory that made really, really good cheese. People used to drive through our town on vacations and stock up on cheese. People form my town have gone to Europe and said they were form Star Valley and they'd get 'Where they make cheese?'. Honestly, Star Valley Wyoming is in the middle of nowhere and it was known for it's cheese and they shut the factory down. It was something to do with embezzlement or something, they sold a ton a cheese. When we went to Disney Land when I was a kid we saw Star Valley Cheese sold in California for crying out loud.

North America could have good cheese but North America just doesn't make anything any more.

You guys... i've never eaten cold cheese since i was like 7 years old. This excluded cheese like on pizza, lasagne etc. ... It's bizarre. I don't even know what keeps me from trying it.

There's not even a trauma connected to it.
It's just a habit.

I think one day I have to confront my fears.

Lunatic said:
It isn't that hard to find good cheese, but if you're not watching out, you'll end up with a block of emulsifier-laden snot. Around here, anyway, good cheese is a luxury item, only to be found in specialty stores and organic markets.

It's similar to beer, in a way. Most of the mass consumption stuff is rubbish, but there's a North American microbrewery renaissance that a lot of Europeans are unaware of.

Yeah American microbrewed beer is great. It's only quite recently I got into beer but I had some Great divide, Left hand brewing, Sierra nevada, Anchor bay to name a few. Mostly really good stuff. Often not that easy to buy in Europe though. (probably kind of depends where you live of course)

For ppl interested I recommend watching the documentary Beer Wars. It's more about the beer market than just about microbreweries but still pretty interesting. Quite entertaining to watch too.

Don't ask me why I've gone off topic on beer... ;)

craigix said:
The cases have arrived.
Just when the cheese was getting interesting...

craigix said:
The cases have arrived.

Craig, you always give too much away. Maybe leave something to the imagination?

We're either in for a huge group cheer or a mighty letdown if more tweaks are needed.

Either way, a good boost of progress!

Back