2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

svs-57

"2nd Review Case should arrive soon."
Case arriving should be at 23 Dec 2009.
Can anybody explain current status?

Search option can or maybe if you go at pandorapress.net

Honestly, with this one, I don't blame him for being confused. I believe that ED (who updates the official status) has been away from home (or at least really busy) since Dec. 29, as he had said in a previous post that he would be unable to make videos after the 28th for a week or two. That's why the official status has not changed, AFAIK.

Ok, now on to the actual current situation. In a nutshell, MWeston has recieved the second round of cases, and has said that while there were large improvements, they were not good enough to green light. There were some cosmetic issues mostly, the silk-screening was not correct, they used an older file for it and what was there was not centered properly. See the following quotes:

Needs improvement on alignment and ink deposition. This proves that they can print the labels where we need them and I think that was the point of sending these parts early. I hope the next ones are better. Also, they used the wrong file as we can use the official BT logo since registrations was free.

MWeston

There is a definite improvement in the finish of the plastic. Also, holes are better and have fewer jagged edges but some discoloration and uneven cooling marks remain. Again, these parts are an intermediate test that fixed numerous problems to the structure, but are not final.

MWeston

I also remember Craig saying that another round of cases were already being fixed, to be shipped soon or already shipped. Hope this helps.

Source: http://pandorapress....eening-and-more

I know your not kidding, but cosmetic changes, gezzzzzzzzzz, there are people waiting to here some good news. so what, a microscope couldnt get you nay closer. come on now and start getting it together, as more people are getting tired of the waiting. on top of that I wont see my pandara this month. and most likely the cases are coming by mule train.

I want my 1st batch Pandora to be perfect and not wish I had waited for the 2nd batch. Perfection from day 1 is also very good as these 1st batch Pandoras will be sent to reviewers as well, building up enough interest to sell out that 2nd batch of preorders. So please top complaining about delays.

please forgive this following line of pent up frustration:

FUCKSAKE!!!!!!

Done.

It's quite reasonable why some people complain, actually. I mean we have to different kinds of preorderers. Those who can do without cosmetic perfection and those who want there Pandora 1stB to be just as perfect as the 2ndB. I personally could manage to live with a non-perfect alignment, but I respect the fact that several people would not like to know that they have waited for this long only to end up with such a small "error".
Anyway, I'm just hoping the shipment of the fixed MP-prototype will arrive in a short amount of time and that there are no more issues. If we all keep our fingers crossed, that may actually be possible! ;)

For clarification, I can't find the quote, but didn't the OpenPandora crew already know they had to order this 3rd review case (the one that shipped out last Saturday) before MWeston even received the 2nd one on Friday? I recall reading somewhere that they already ordered another a 3rd review case from the factory while they were waiting for MWeston's to arrive (so, at the back of their head they already knew that MWeston couldn't greenlight anything with the 2nd review case that was still in transit).

I am also getting impatient (or maybe I have already been impatient for a long time now, lol), but I think we have made it this far and should not sacrifice "features" (such as silkscreening that a lot of people were not opposed to a long time ago) just because we are antsy.

From what I understood, the last sample MWeston got was not good enough for many reasons, which varied from the wrong file being used, the printing not being quite aligned, discoloration and uneven cooling marks, and maybe more. Some of these should improve when more units are made in succession, others will be fixed with obvious changes (like using the correct file), but I'd say it is far too much of a gamble to simply say "Hmm, they looked okay other than these issues, and these issues will probably disappear, hopefully, if we are lucky, maybe" instead the plan is to get the next sample unit(s) and see how they are looking. If the next batch are perfect except a slight alignment issue for one of the icons it would be far more reasonable to say "Okay, please fix this last issue and the MP has a green light". Essentially it comes down to: if the next batch are good enough it is only another small wait, if the next batch still have problems then it is very lucky MWeston did not green light now, as it'd mean we'd be stuck with the problems.

That said I am frustrated with the delays too, a month or two back we were hearing there is a good chance they'll be here for XMAS, and then it was getting later and later and we were told Craig would personally be putting them together up until XMAS eve if he has to to get them to us, now we are passed XMAS, passed new year, and still not even in a position where we can start MP. I don't blame anyone for the delays really, we just need to wait it out. I'm just hoping for the third year in a row that I get my Pandora for XMAS! :)

Steve

GuSec said:
It's quite reasonable why some people complain, actually. I mean we have to different kinds of preorderers. Those who can do without cosmetic perfection and those who want there Pandora 1stB to be just as perfect as the 2ndB. I personally could manage to live with a non-perfect alignment, but I respect the fact that several people would not like to know that they have waited for this long only to end up with such a small "error".
Those cosmetic errors just give it some character. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There were apparent problems with the latest sample, so corrected samples were ordered. If those samples aren't acceptable, they'll order more. MP will not begin until there are no problems. That might happen later this week, it might take another month. It will take as long as it takes, and nothing anybody says or does will affect that either way.

You can complain about the delays all you want, but it only makes you look childish. It's also incredibly annoying. Complaining doesn't make it get done any faster.

Mr. Chip, why dont you just back of. nothing anyonesays here, except for you looks stupid or as you put it childish. poeple are complaining because they are tiredof waiting,. this thread was going just find, no name calling or anything till you get on here and have to feed your ego. you are the so called childish and immature one.Its to bad that you ruined the thread for me, as it was going along great, but now Im through with it, as you seem to think we are all kids and dont know better. The thread is all yours now.

First batch and second batch pandora cases will be identical, as they will both be using the same batch of plastic cases. The mold company will be running 10k in one go, and those cases will be used for both the first and second batch orders.

Of cause we want perfect Pandora.
But.
If it needs years to wait we want OP right now.
Please update "Current status" on http://www.open-pandora.org so everyone can understand what we are waiting now.

I am also fustrated by the delays. I have paid them damn near 16 months ago. You can put me on the "nagging wife" list with "where the hell is it".
I do want the device to be perfect and I am willing to wait, but a 16 month preorder is just insane.

If 16 month wait was flagged up in bold when I went to pre-order I wouldn't have bought one.

So, the OP crew does a not so ideal job of trying to create this product and ship it to its paying customers, and we are the bad guys because we're complaining? If/When the Pandora does finally ship I would love to see a public acknowledgement or something by Craig/OP that some things were their fault and that they did not do the best job to get this product out in a timely fashion (and that their communication was terrible and insulting; I'm referring to Craig's infamous, intentionally vague one-liners that are a slap to the face of people who have paid and have been waiting for over a year). Areas where they have not been so great is understanding the time/effort required in a project like this and not being adept at tweaking & finishing a design ("factory told us XXX months" and that's what we blindly go by; well, you told us Nov. 2008 and a dozen other dates since then...now we *both* know to be more skeptical).

I can't believe Chip. It's been 15 months since payment and we've been told various dates for the past year and they've all come and passed and we are often left in the dark as to what exactly is going on (such as with Craig's tweets or posts). Is it unreasonable to ask "Are we there yet?" or even "Where the hell are we?" on a bus ride that we were told would take 1.5 months from pre-order day but has currently taken 15 months with no end in sight? Since Chip is somewhat affiliated with OP and not an independent party/forum poster, I'm surprised at his attitude to OP's customers.

emil10001 said:
First batch and second batch pandora cases will be identical, as they will both be using the same batch of plastic cases. The mold company will be running 10k in one go, and those cases will be used for both the first and second batch orders.
The silkscreening will be different though, right (namely the 'first batch' text?)?

Jaguar said:
you seem to think we are all kids and dont know better.
That's certainly how you're acting. Adults know that when there is new information, it will be provided. They are patient and wait without fidgeting. Only children constantly pester for an answer when they know there isn't one to be had.

Everybody is sick of waiting, but only some of you choose to be childish and whine about it.

Back