Case Accessory Idea

javaJake

Jacob Godserv
Website
myhumblecorner.wordpress.com
I was thinking about all the potential things you might want to carry around with your Pandora, and wondered about a case that'd take care of all those loose parts whilst they're idle. Then I had a "40w bulb" idea: it'd be cool to have a simple case, without much going on, that has pockets that holds things. I'm going to try to describe it in a moment or two, so get your brain juices flowing. This is not a place to speed-read. Sorry. :)

Here goes:

Imagine a simple clamshell-style hard case for the Pandora with a zipper or something similar. Inside, the Pandora would sit cosily. Next, imagine the side of the case. Picture the zipper running along the bottom 1/4 of the side. Picture your hands as they wrap around the bottom of the case and lay on top of the controls of the Pandora. The zipper should never interfere with the controls or keyboard. Now shift over to the top "flap" that covers the Pandora when the case is closed. Different pockets and things would be attached here, to hold different accessories.
  • Pros: Protects the Pandora, holds your accessories for on-the-go maneuvors.
  • Cons: Top "flap" could get heavy, giving the entire structure the desire to slip out of your hands. Also, as a side-effect of Pandora's size, there wouldn't be more than four or five pockets, I'd imagine. Last, but not least, since the side of the case is low enough to let your hands wrap around without discomfort, the Pandora may fall out of the case easily without some sort of restraint.
To remedy at least one of the cons, you could position some of the pockets beside the Pandora (especially for your oh-so-small USB sticks) or even underneath, though I'm not sure if accessibility would become a problem.

Now, I'm sure by now you've got some opinions of your own. In that case, a Reply button, found to your right, will be handy. (In other words, bring it on!) ;)

The Pandora case MUST have lots of decent pockets for SD cards, USB memory sticks/dongles, and some earphones too, and also not be too big. It's already a clamshell design so it doesn't need quite as thorough protection normally.

The GP2x case is pretty useless for securely holding extra stuff.

I don't think I'd buy a case for a clamshell handheld, and rely on the clamshell itself for protection.

Stuff, on the other hand is a different matter. I think I'd prefer to see some way to clamp/strap on a couple of hard pockets that would just piggyback on the outside of the case.

At this stage, more important would be that the Pandora has places to attach aftermarket addons like that or whatever people want to come up with. Little lugs, nubs, nodules, dimples or grommets. My favourite would be some of those screw fitments that are on all cameras, which would be really versatile.

a

Back