Sneaky Case Update

If you are standing in front of a refrigerated shelf looking at rectangular blocks of cheese encased in plastic, you are in the wrong place to get good cheese.
If you are looking through glass at a wide assortment of non-packaged cheeses, and you need to tell the person behind the counter exactly what kind you are looking for and how much of it you want, then you are in the right place to get good cheese. Also good meat, usually. There was a really fantastic deli down the road from my old apartment. They had a different meat and cheese on sale every week, which I would then purchase on sunday for conversion into sammiches. Their selection was so great it would sometimes be 3 or 4 months before a particular meat or cheese would come on sale again.
And then I moved, and haven't found another deli like that around my new place. And now I'm sad. You guys are jerks, making me remember stuff :(

craigix said:
Regina was the only place in Canada where I managed to get *REAL* cheese.
Coem deliver my pandora in person, and i will grant you some real cheese of real dutch cows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vlynndar said:
I live in the land of Gouda.
Old Gouda is the most awesome stuff you can have on a slice of good bread. I love Holland :)

mali said:
Vlynndar said:
Old Gouda is the most awesome stuff you can have on a slice of good bread. I love Holland :)
we dont have mountains :( only shitty hills that they call mountains.
and when you eat cheese every day, its gonna make you sick of it.
I dont eat cheese alot anymore. My parents eat cheese every weekend, i think it smells like rotten meat, and not to mention the taste.

but lets make this a case discussion, not something about cheese :p

mali said:
Vlynndar said:

I live not far from Cheddar.... oooo arrrrrr

actually just fancy a bit of cheese on toast... TO THE GRILL!!

ummm! cheeeese!, my doctor banned me from eating cheese after my second heart attack, I did eat rather a lot, my theory was you only use bread in a cheese sandwich to keep the grease off your fingers, my doctors theory was some rubbish called "clogged arteries", so now I have this really "healthy" diet, basically, if it tastes like MDF or Diluted water then it's good for you :( , sadly that disallows cheese and many other goodies :angry: , but I still manage to sneak the odd bottle of scotch home at weekends :ph34r:

borgqueenx said:
mali said:
Vlynndar said:
we dont have mountains :( only shitty hills that they call mountains.
and when you eat cheese every day, its gonna make you sick of it.
I dont eat cheese alot anymore. My parents eat cheese every weekend, i think it smells like rotten meat, and not to mention the taste.

but lets make this a case discussion, not something about cheese :p

beerzebultn

I know of a cheese/deli place near me in Michigan... You can go in there and get chedder cheese that's 5 years old!
Really good stuff...

I can't waite for a case update!

Since Mweston's area produces amazing cheese, and that's all this thread is about now, could he ship some of it with the Pandoras? Can there be pics of the cheese?

Bosbeetle said:
Oh yeah and I love cheese especially old cheese that is crumbly yummy

Yes! Crumbly Cheese!
Also the stuff that comes preshredded in bags is pretty nasty since they coat it with some kind of flour to keep it from sticking...
Bread that comes in bags, white, and last for a month without rotting is not real :ph34r:

When Panera Bread first came out, people were returning their bread after 1 week saying it was molding already :lol:

fischju2000 said:
Since Mweston's area produces amazing cheese, and that's all this thread is about now, could he ship some of it with the Pandoras? Can there be pics of the cheese?
ROFL!

I love cheese, in fact, I'm going to make myself a ham and cheese sandwich right now with some coarse ground mustard.

oh ok, this thread is about cheese.
i do like cheese, currently working my way through a slab of gorgonzola from my local.

I'm unemployed and can't even afford to buy cheese (or bacon) :(

borgqueenx said:
argh. a cheese topic. Craig what have you done!
Divert attention? :lol:

I have to say he's really good at it too. :)

wtf, i wandered into the first few posts, then came back and we're talking about cheese? WTF?

oh, alright then .. my son likes to make 'cheese noonies' which is basically cheese cut into strips to look like noodles (noonies) .. then he tries to eat it like noodles, and always fails, but it is fun.

Back