Smashgp Characters

Hm, my CharEdit doesnt even start..
It doesnt find the language dll VB6FR.DLL
What do I have to do

Im sorry for all those (stupid?) questions

Jees'

The VB files can be found on the Matkeupon´s page: mat (look at the Downloads link).

And I attach Samus 1.7. I finished it long ago, but I forgot to post it. It doesn´t really have many changes since 1.6.

Wolverine is near. I hope to have finished it in one or two weeks.

Hm I've downloaded that stuff, but nothing changed.
After I click on "CharEdit", "ArenaEdit" or "Bmp2Pak" theres a button with

The language DLL 'VB6FR.DLL' could not be found
Had someone had the same problem?

Jees'

Many people have been having palette problems so i figure i'd post how ive gotten characters graphics to appear correctly..

Making SmashGp characters isnt that hard one you know how to avoid that annoying palette problem.
Heres how I do it:
1.Get spritesheet for the character that you want to make.
2.Open 2 windows in ms paint
3.load the spritesheet in one window and a small new pic in the other window
4.copy the first frame that you want for your character into the new pic.
5. resize the image until there is no unecessary space around the character.
6.Fill in the backround with color 255 (Its a light blue, on the bottom row, fifth from the left side)
7.Save as 256 colour bitmap
(Be sure to name it with the first three letter repesenting yourr character because if you dont and someone else named the pics for their character the same as you did you'll have rpoblems with your character randomly turning inot theirs.
8.Repeat for all of the frames of animation that you need for your character.
As for using Charedit, you should be able to figure that out by reading the pdf...

btw, I'm working on viewtiful joe...

wow this game has been a big success when it first came out i thought it was ok but now its getting to where its almost like ssb for 64 :D

Hi Jees'
You have to put your VB6FR.DLL file into windows/system32 folder.

I have some trouble with samus 1.7 : when I use the fire, the projectile looks buggy.
Am I the only one?

mrpropre posted on Feb 28 2005 at 01:52 PM said:
I have some trouble with samus 1.7 : when I use the fire, the projectile looks buggy.
Am I the only one?

Ups. If anyone else has this problem I will upload the character again. It worked well for me, so it may be that SmashGP problem that occur when you have many characters in the game and it can´t load them all. I don´t know.

I´m going to try Zero :)

Last edited by a moderator:
onionfrog posted on Mar 9 2005 at 10:35 PM said:
Some attacks could use some more smashing power. ie: When my opponent is at 350% He doesnt want to be knocked far distances to death...

Yes, I have thought about that many times, but this is the only way to represent the slashing attacks of Wolverine. If it did only damage at the end of the attack animation, it would be little reallistic. Some good ways of throwing away the opponents is kicking them until 300% and the -> + B or R+A to catch them :D

Thanks.

rabbits with hats posted on Mar 12 2005 at 06:54 PM said:
Hi, I just started work on my Star Wars and Doom characters!
Nice :D
The more crazy and varied this game gets the more fun it will be. Also we don't have the Nintendo restraints :D

@Antoniou: iIs there any chance you dould help me with getting sounds working on some of my characters... I cant seem to get it to work... :(

Its the weekend that I'm at my dad's house... So that means new smashgp characters! :D
*Spams Smashgp with Characters*

Harpuia V.1 (He's a boss from Megaman Zero)
Ken V.1 (Streetfighter)
Chun Li V.1 (Streetfighter)
Guile V.1 (Streetfighter)
:lol:
Please Leave feedback! :D
(Note, I may release another character or two sometime this weekend...) :)

Back