Smashgp 0.4b

mATkEUpON

Certified Guru
Hi all !!!

As I could read that the game was pretty unstable (or to be more honest, always rebooting) when the memory was (almost) full, I've been working on a new loading system.

So, here is the new beta !!!! But it still suffers from serious bugs.

Now, the game won't load the characters on startup, but just their description. And on the character selection menu, it should load them when you select them, and then free them if memory gets short and they're not needed.

The point is, there are serious bugs with my system. First, the game hangs some times. I have to figure out why.
Also, some characters won't load entirely, and then some sounds or the fireball might be missing.
Also, there's the clicking sound bug, which appeared from nowhere (changed nothing).
And the last thing, the survival mode may still try to put into play characters that aren't in memory yet..

Oh, another thing: the background pictures won't always load ok, don't really know why either (you have to fill the memory before going to the arena selection screen).

Thanks in advance to anyone that could send me more info about those bugs.

am i missing something? Apparently i must be running an old version because I don't have any problems with the game and I usually run 4 char battle.

KickinWing posted on Mar 17 2005 at 07:02 PM said:
am i missing something? Apparently i must be running an old version because I don't have any problems with the game and I usually run 4 char battle.

Well, this will have an effect if there are 10 or more characters on your smc. In that case, the older versions would reboot when you start a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you also try one other fix, disabling the select button from turning the light on and off on the BLU units, so that it can be usable as the jump button.

Thanks.

This game is great, might convince one of my friends to buy a gamepark, as smashbrothers is one of his favorite games.

Umm, the select button BLU light shutoff feature is hardwired in. So it cant be disabled (unless you want to crack open your GP32 and then invent a way to un-hardwire it.)

Here's another beta !!!!

Everything should work ok now, except maybe for the arena loading bug.

Blah posted on Mar 18 2005 at 01:16 AM said:
Umm, the select button BLU light shutoff feature is hardwired in. So it cant be disabled (unless you want to crack open your GP32 and then invent a way to un-hardwire it.)

Think about this for a second...
Will there ever be a time you WON'T need the BLU light? From what I hear, the screen does not reflect light very well at all.

But yes, someone should figure out how to disable that thing (the select button light switch).

Well that's all I really had to say. :) I will check out the game in a while.

Yes, there are very few instances where you'd want to turn the backlight off (some lighting conditions, when your transferring big files or flashing...). But I'm not too keen on opening up my GP32 and ripping out a lead which I guess is the backlight switch lead...what if it isn't, you can only really make an educated guess.

Edit: BTW, Nice release Matkeupon! Now all you have to do is make a mode with support for 1 on 28 action...kidding.

Blah posted on Mar 20 2005 at 07:51 PM said:
Yes, there are very few instances where you'd want to turn the backlight off (some lighting conditions, when your transferring big files or flashing...). But I'm not too keen on opening up my GP32 and ripping out a lead which I guess is the backlight switch lead...what if it isn't, you can only really make an educated guess.

Edit: BTW, Nice release Matkeupon! Now all you have to do is make a mode with support for 1 on 28 action...kidding.

Aw, neat! This rocks. Im sorry, but this is the best gp32 weekend by far. Dr.MD update, this, metalslug32x, and mame update. Can't wait till fday!

View attachment 209Hi again !

Here's the 0.4c version, with a few bugfixes:

-Character & arena loading improved. Now the game should not reboot any more, and load all sounds.
-Other minor changes likes mines sticking to ground or more detailed arena preview.

Ahajokes.com said:
Programmer's drinking song
99 little bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code,
Fix one bug, compile it again,
101 little bugs in the code.
101 little bugs in the code,
101 bugs in the code,
Fix one bug, compile it again,
103 little bugs in the code.
:lol:

hey all, im from the dcemu scene, (www.dcemulation.com). I read on the author's site that this would be ported to dreamcast? If this is true, please inform us so that the dcemu scene can share this wonderful game.

Back