Smashgp Characters

Ya unfortunatly yes you have to reload all the characters. It sucks but if you rename them then the chr file will not know how to locate them. Im also working on a new megaman with megaman x3 sprites and some sprites i made using x1 and x2 but redoing them to match x3 I think it will be good when im done.

also dpoarch your mega man updated works bette than the last but still makes weird noizes but he walk fine and sonics fine also

lol well its supposed to have a noise when he shoots his gun, jumps, dashes, lands, and I put one in when he gets hit but i never heard it. What I never found was a noise for when he hits someone or for his dragon punch.

edit: well not noises but sound

to rename your pics you just rename them. Im guessing you have all of your pics in one folder. lets say when your character walks there are 10 frames. If you name them walk1, walk2, etc to walk 10 you can easily identify them. The problem is that if someone else did the same thing with their character and you have both of them on your game you will get weird glitches and different character sprites popping up for some actions or movements. People that played with megaman said he only did it when he walked or a few other functions some of them worked perfectly fine. To fix this simply rename your walk files to something like mwalk1, mwalk2, etc. When you have done that go to the charedit program and reload the pictures back in with the new names for the ones that were changed. resave the chr file and repak. you should be good now. hope that helps.

you dont need to read it all you do is put tails under the smash gp folder on your gp32 and he should show up in the game

YAY!
I have finally suceeded in making a character!!! W00T!!
LOL its Metool from megaman...
Oh wait i can attach things...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
YAY!!!

Metool v.1
and
Mecha Sonic V.01

I hope people will enjoy them...
Theyre still in beta so there prolly still some tweaking to be done... :rolleyes:

:D

Now that iv'e actually been able to make some characters, I think I'm Hooked!

8-Bit link!!! :D

Once you've used some characters, please leave feedback... :)

*off to work on/ polish up more characters!!* :lol: :D

At last I have been able to try all the characters, and I like them all. But I have a problem with Tails. There is only one sound that works (the B move one) and I would like to know if anyone else have this problem.
For the Goemon character , it´s really good, but I think that the catching move could be slowered a bit, but it´s ok as it is.
Metool is very funny :D and Mecha Sonic is a good idea. It´s huge!

Well, thanks to you all. I will start a new character now that I have time: Wolverine. A preview:
lobezno.gif

Wow, Wolverine looks nice!!

I still need to tweak up my Mechasonic. But i just thought the game needed a big character, as well as someone to beat the crap out of sonic! :D

I'm sort of going crazy with making characters now that i can sucessfully.. :D

SmashGp rocks, now i just have to figure out how to make arenas... :)

I made Another New Character:
Moryia V.5 (From the last blade)

Just tried your characters, except Metal Sonic, and I think they're pretty good. Just one thing is strange... all the items turned to other Metools... was this supposed to happen? Also, I think that you should work on a Link to The Past Link, or a Minish Cap Link, as I think it'd look much better.

The items turned into metools?? WTF!!??!!

:blink: :(

I'll try to check into that.. But i Dont have a clue why that would happen...

Yeah i know, the timing is messed up on mecha sonic... im working on it...

Link looks a bit Shite, maybe I'll do one with minish cap sprites....

Unfortunately, after today i won't be able to work on characters for a while because I'll be at my mom's house and her computer sucks...

I've figured it out...
For some reason items turn into characters when there is the maximum amount of characters that there are slots for on the selection screen. Just take out a character and that shouldnt happen.
Someone should tell Matkeupon(Sp.) about this...

Yeah retro link looks a bit bad...
*off to get gba link sprites...maybe*

Yeah all this in a day or two... I'm a teenager with too much time on his hands... Plus i was so happy when i got my character to work.. that i HAD to make more....

Back