Am I The Only Person Alive Who Dislikes Nintendo?

i went from being a fan to now hoping they get a good trashing just so they friggin learn.
i hate to be bitter,but i just can't stand how some people still say they're innovative and all when yes,they do recicle stuff,a lot.also,i don't like all the pretencious philosophy they put behind theeir statements about needing to change games and graphics aren't important and internet isn't important.nothing seems to matter,so that allows them to repeat the same watered down gaming experiences.
all i see now is a shadow of the old nintendo trying desperately to gain any kind of image in the business.one day they market for a younger audience,one day graphics aren't important,one day they are,one day they're aiming at another audience,man they just don't know anymore.anyone else is happy making good consoles and good games,getting licenses,not them.oh no,they have to make donkey conga!woo,and the new piece of hardware that was supposed to increase the lifespan of the cube?a microphone!to control mario party characters!jump!jump!i said JUMP!
they can't just make a new console,no,they have to make a revolution,they will change the world forever.wait for it,wait when they lose the war bad.wait when the last company stops porting on nintendo consoles for good,when noone tries to follow their revolutionary controls methods anymore,and they are too proud to just say,ok,let's go back and just make good software,wich is what they should have done,uh,like now.you just wait and see..

Blah posted on Mar 3 2005 at 10:14 PM said:
...does the SP look ergonomic to you?

ergonomics: The applied science of equipment design, as for the workplace, intended to maximize productivity by reducing operator fatigue and discomfort.

SP kinda fits and doesn't fit this...

it's a perfect size for a pocket (function), and fits kids' hands perfectly... (comfort)

it's only some older players that complain... personally I found it acceptable, considering the size of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOl its funny how GTA gets so much flack, I don't understand why? its a good game, whats everyones problem with it? Oh thats right it sells to much is that the problem that it outsells nintendo games?

And don't give me BS about Nintendo innovation, they stole most their ideas from Sega and others. Actually now I think about it, sega was probably one of the most innovative companies in the gaming industry. Even now Feel the Magic had to show nintendo how its done on their own console.

Heres hoping Sammy's takeover of sega leads to positive results (fingers crossed) maybe they'll enter the hardware business again.

Anyone remember the worst shaped handhelds in the world? the GB and GBC? took them a while to catch onto the side on design.

Oh and finally, don't tell me which controller is best as I have my own opinion and I prefer the PS2 pad over the GC's. But the GC's is better than the XBOX. Also the GC's one wins ugliest controller ever.

Nintendo are aware of their anti-Internet stance and are changing this with the DS and Revolution coming up. As for innovation, they invented the concept of rumble packs, shoulder buttons and PS's current layout (minus the two awkward thumbsticks Sony added), popularised 4 controller ports on a console, popularised handhelds, etc.

The problem with GTA is the same problem with pop music. It appeals to a lot of people because of its marketability and controversy but there will always be a subset of people who just don't enjoy it. It's not bad, but personally I get bored of it easily. I think when people criticise GTA it might not be because GTA is popular, but rather because they don't like its gameplay.

yes but you see,this is what i mean.
people keep citing past glories of innovation and games in defence of the present nintendo.

it's always "they did this,they did that" .we all know how mario was fun when we were kids,i enjoied it myself,thank you very much nintendo.

now,can we go back to speaking in the present tense?ah,you see,there's the problem..

what we are discussing is nintendo now,what it has become,not what it was.as far as i'm concerned,they are two different companies almost,and one of them a lot of people don't like.

Okay I'll give them the rumble packs, though they were laughably badly implemented on the 64. Insert memory card, remove memory card, insert rumble pack fucking ridiculous. Shoulder buttons? I could live without. Sega saturn gamepad is one of the best ever and has no shoulder buttons, as a matter of fact it was re-released for the PS2 in japan! Plus all the innovation mentioned has only to do with controllers and nothing still beats the PC keyboard and mouse..Hm...

4 player? nothing great either. PS2 has 2 ports and has outsold it by what 50 million units? I don't think that many people care or even play 4 player. I certainly never have. 2 Player all the time yes and 4 player upwards at PC lans.

How about nintendos old fashion ways? Crappy catridges with the N64, No DVD playback on the gamecube, expensive games on their handhelds, keeping the original GB going for 10 years. Porting old games. Re-using old franchises over and over. Seems to me for what they have contributed, they sure have also gone back on a lot.

What did sega give? Backward compatibility. Master system games on your mega drive. Opened up publishing rights. Codemasters and EA cartridges were made by them instead of being forced to buy expensive cartridges from nintendo. Virtua Racing, arcade joystick......plenty of other crap but I'm going to sleep and can't be bothered writing.

Nintendo must be praised for making the DS/GBA/GB backwards compatible.

Plus on the four controller ports issue, just because you dont play four player games, it doesnt mean others dont. Its just a shitty Sony policy to sell multitaps which are highly expensive.

About DVD playback. Its a games console < There is no need for it to be able to play DVDs. Use of the smaller DVDs on the Gamecube also helped keep it small, and has definitely done much to stop piracy, something the innovative geniuses at Sega never managed.

btw- the Saturn had the worst pad ever imo.

Okay so you really hate the philosophical arguments behind why Nintendo do things.

I will counter your tiresome debate with my final word on the subject: I find Nintendo games to be fun, their console to be the best of the bunch, and I was previously a Sega and later Sony user but I took a risk on the Gamecube and ended up loving it.

It suits my needs. I am not interested in the internet, I enjoy Nintendo's PRESENT games as much as I enjoyed their past ones, and me and my friends could not live without 4 controller ports and a large array of multiplayer games.

kotd, you are treading on thin ice. This is not a 'Nintendo vs. other consoles' topic, this is a 'Nintendo vs. old Nintendo' topic. Stop trying to derail it.

Rico posted on Mar 4 2005 at 02:15 PM said:
Okay so you really hate the philosophical arguments behind why Nintendo do things.

I will counter your tiresome debate with my final word on the subject: I find Nintendo games to be fun, their console to be the best of the bunch, and I was previously a Sega and later Sony user but I took a risk on the Gamecube and ended up loving it.

It suits my needs. I am not interested in the internet, I enjoy Nintendo's PRESENT games as much as I enjoyed their past ones, and me and my friends could not live without 4 controller ports and a large array of multiplayer games.

kotd, you are treading on thin ice. This is not a 'Nintendo vs. other consoles' topic, this is a 'Nintendo vs. old Nintendo' topic. Stop trying to derail it.
Yes, Games should be fun, not cool; something Nintendo do well.

kotd posted on Mar 4 2005 at 02:36 AM said:
Man theres tons of us nintendo haters, its just most don't post because the backlash from the anooying ninty fan boys just pisses us off.
You are probably the biggest fanboy on this board.

kotd posted on Mar 4 2005 at 01:35 PM said:
Sega saturn gamepad is one of the best ever and has no shoulder buttons
The Sega Saturn pad has 2 shoulder buttons, and yes, it is the best pad in the world.

Well, if its a nintendo versus old nintendo thread then I have to say I'm a little dissapointed with this generation. The N64 WAS awesome, the pad design, the rumble pack, no loading times, four player, analogue control etc etc. made it probably the best console I've ever owned (I missed the SNES era by a little, damn my parents!!!). It must be considering whenever me and my friends get together we still have a bash at GoldenEye or Perfect Dark (which I will reiterate is THE best fps ever released on a console and comes close to being the best fps ever). This generation of ninty is still pretty good, with nice pad design and some original games (pikmin for example) and as for people complaining about ninty pushing franchises to crazy limits, that may be true but at least some of these games are still fun (and remember mario was an old character by the time the SNES rolled around so go bitch about that too :D), whereas, for example, anyone play the latest Tomb Raider or THPS? Utter shit, and their only in their seventh or so iteration.

I suppose if you disliked the 64 then there really isn't anything that I can say to persuade you that the cube is good, but really you shouldn't dismiss a company just because two generations of hardware have failed in your somewhat narrowminded eyes , I mean do you REALLY want ninty to go the way of sega? No? thought not.

I suppose what brought it home tome about how original etc. ninty still is, is walking into game and seeing a shop devoted to ps2 and xbox games and still only finding maybe three games for those consoles that I wanted. Then when I checked out the GC shelves (all three of them :( ) I found three or four games I wanted. Just goes to show the ratio of diamonds to rhinestones is far higher in the GC trhan any other console, at least in my opinion

@ RoboJoe, seeing as you actually have some faily lucid opinions about this (as opposed to OMG F**KCIN KIDDY SHIT LOL LOL!!!11!) what type of games do you like to play at the moment?

Hm, games i'm playing at the moment? Star control (the Ur-Quan Masters), City of heroes, Armored core: Silent line, Last blade 2, terranigma, (for the second time, trying to get all of the secrets) And star wars KOTOR 2. (And pretty soon dynasty warriors 5) and Champions of norrath:Return to arms.

Planning on picking up psychonauts too.

and thinking about picking up a PSP with dark stalkers chronicles (itching for a good 2D fighter), Mercury, untold legends, and either twisted metal (for the multiplayer) or dynasty warriors.

And as far as those happy bouncey platformers go, I miss the good and original ones to be perfectly honest, I had tons of fun with kirby's superstar and the mario series+ Mario 64. (Hated banjo kazooie weirdly enough, it just felt clunky) I'd gladly buy another kirby platformer as long as they didn't OD on gimmicks.

Hey he's the one who has it written under his avatar not me. :p

Anyways you all have your opinions, I have mine...If we didn't than this would be a boring world indeed. I guess we can all agree that Nintendo is missing something, otherwise they wouldn't be coming last in the console race.

PS: Darkstalkers isn't very good unless you really like darkstalkers. I don't I prefer Streetfighter or KOF

wow. This thread was a mature discussion on the merits of nintendo. Well done for bringing it down to the level of a gamefaq.com "debate"

Okay I'll give them the rumble packs, though they were laughably badly implemented on the 64. Insert memory card, remove memory card, insert rumble pack fucking ridiculous.

true, but most of the third party ruble packs had memory cards built in.

nothing still beats the PC keyboard and mouse..Hm...

depends on the game, imagine playing streetfighter with a mouse and keyboard...

4 player? nothing great either. PS2 has 2 ports and has outsold it by what 50 million units? I don't think that many people care or even play 4 player. I certainly never have.

this seems to be the crux of your arguments. "I don't like it/don't use it so its crap"
I wasted at least two hours a day for about a year playing goldenEye and even longer on perfect Dark playing four player. Four player is the best thing about consoles. Nothing beats getting three mates round a few beers and a round of goldenEye or super smash brothers.

How about nintendos old fashion ways? Crappy catridges with the N64, No DVD playback on the gamecube, expensive games on their handhelds, keeping the original GB going for 10 years. Porting old games. Re-using old franchises over and over
1. cartridges meant 0 loading times, I liked this. I didn't miss FMV at all (in fact I don't even like FMV, gimme real time cut scenes any day), the only thing that I did miss was really high quality music, but y'know I can live with out that as well really.

2.who gives a fuck about DVD playback, seriously the PS2 has the SHITTIEST dvd player in existence built into it. I mean the speech goes out of synch with the picture all the time its dreadful. Just get a DVD player, they're only thirty quid now.

Ok fine i get the message I'm out. You don't know the meaning of mature.

No-one even came close to asking you to leave. Just don't be a dick.

Back