Smashgp 0.3

mATkEUpON

Certified Guru
Hi there !!

I continued working on SmashGp, as a lot of stuff were still missing.

Now the gameplay should be closer to the original N64 version. And what I realized a few days ago is that now, when I'm testing, you can hear me laugh from a distance :)

So for the quick changelog:
-New objects
-New arenas
-New character (luigi)
-Voices, new menus
-Bugfixes and other stuff

Go grab it here:
smashgp03.zip

YAY!!

Thanks, I'm stuck at work (on a Sunday :( )

This is sure to brighten up my night. You rock!

Hi, I've tryed it twice and I've seen:

* There's no music, neither in the game nor in th menus.
* Mario can survive anything, luigi suicides constantly.
* A luigi movement FAQ please
* Pokemon stadium "background screen", it damages my eyes and makes me mad!!!

Hi. I like it very much! But I also think that the pokemon arena is a little "strange".
It´s fantastic, as I have just released the Samus 1.6 now (look at it at the betatest forum).
Good job! ;)

pakoito posted on Dec 6 2004 at 01:23 AM said:
> snip <

* Pokemon stadium "background screen", it damages my eyes and makes me mad!!!

Way to be friendly, bub. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about my grammar/vocab but I'm a spaniard youngster ;)
I'll change that if you give me the word for "me marea" in english, I said that because I couldn't find it, but in any case I've never tried to be unfriendly.

pakoito posted on Dec 6 2004 at 01:45 AM said:
Sorry about my grammar/vocab but I'm a spaniard youngster ;)
I'll change that if you give me the word for "me marea" in english, I said that because I couldn't find it, but in any case I've never tried to be unfriendly.

No worries, pay no mind to me, I'm cranky all the time. :lol:

(sorry for the misunderstanding)

Great work! I love the turtle shells being added now. But I just have a really hard time getting my character to run.. I know that you have to double tap in a direction to run, but it just seems like you have to do it way too quickly.

Other than that, this is probably one of the best homebrews for the GP32 so far. :)

pakoito posted on Dec 6 2004 at 03:58 AM said:
Copy it from old version

.. you know, that idea's so crazy, it just might work! Thanks :D

V3X posted on Dec 6 2004 at 07:25 AM said:
god damn it! i wanna try it!

but my freind has my gp32, and he's in bendigo till satday :(

That should teach you to lend Anything to so-called "friends".... Look what happened! :p

The newsentry on gp32x.de hasnt got the link to this thread or the link to the download. could some admin fix this?

Hi again !

And thanks for your comments !!

Just a little new post to tell you that I updated my website, with now a SmashGp page with screenshots, and a download page with all the characters ready for use (including a fixed version of sonic 0.2).

matkeupon.gp32z.com

I haven't tried it yet, I'm just about to. Are you planning on adding a "break the targets" and "board the platforms"? A while ago, I made a chiptune version of the SSB break the targets song, and I can convert it to a .mod if you want to use it, just in case. :)

Back