"Smach Z is Back!" ...?

I misunderstand a LOT of things without your guy's help. Now where did I park my car?......

Just noticed a newsletter from 3 days ago and some comments on the canceled kickstarter.
http://www.smachz.com/newsletter/2016-08-26.html

Hi Smachers,

We’re back from Gamescom with great feedback from players and visitors. Here you can watch a video of people’s reaction to trying the prototype: YouTube

Some people were expecting to see the final device with the final hardware already. However, as we explained, this was just a prototype and we still have work to do on the final device. We’ll publish the benchmarks of the final hardware during the Kickstarter, showing different games running and its frame rate. The design of the console will also be improved: The prototype is very bulky, the materials are not final, the buttons are just placeholders, etc.

Gamescom was also a good opportunity to get players’ opinions on the screen size. The majority of you prefer a big screen (the one in the prototype was 6”), while many others prefer it smaller to make it more portable. Ultimately, we think that we’ll go with a mutually agreeable size of 5.7”.

Also, next week we’ll announce the winners of the booth contest. Thanks for your patience! Now we’re making some improvements to the prototype and preparing the Kickstarter campaign. We hope to be ready to launch by the end of September.

Thanks for your support!
SMACH Team
They don't really show any long clips of games being played on it unsurprisingly and what they do show is also sloooow.

From Kickstarter.
@GoldenSun3DS
We've just published a new update with a summary video of the Gamescom. We're now fixing some problems in the prototypes and preparing the Kickstarter, we hope be able to launch it by the end of the next month.

@Mairinger Wolfgang
Sorry, we were catching up and editing the video. The laggy FEX video was recorded the first day at the morning just when we had some technical problems with the prototypes. But anyway, as we explained in previous communications and to the people that came to the stand: The hardware on the prototypes has NOTHING to do with the final version. In fact, they are using an Intel Atom SoC instead of AMD, just for economy and timing. We'll publish benchmarks of the final hardware on the development board during the Kickstarter. We'll run AAA games, including The Witcher 3
@GoldenSun3DS
Sorry man, I forgot to answer your previous questions:
- Prices are the same as the previous campaign: 299 standard version. 499 for the PRO version.
- I have my opinion on GPD WIN but I wouldn't like to influence anyone or enter into a confrontation here :). Just take a look at the specs and design of each one and make your own opinion. SMACH Z has been designed for gaming, it's a console to play as many PC games as possible, so it depends on what are you looking for.
- We plan to ship it to backers by Feb-March 2017.
- You can tri-boot between those OS or anthers, just like you do with a PC. However we won't prepare the consoles for that, it's something that you would need to set yourself if you want.
- Yes, this time the rewards won't be so packed so you can choose better exactly what you want.
Thanks!
Guess we gotta wait a month'ish to relaunch and see, still wanna know what exactly is in the guts of the current prototype.

quad_booting_Smach_Z.jpg

There....now it's finally been realized. Revolution Now! No wait, that's the other device...

@ED, that probably explains why I never got any reply when I suggested that you do a Thunderclap in the past :p

It's a great way to get the message out. Basically you have a marketing spiel that you want out, then you get people to signup to the Thunderclap set for a certain date. On that date , the marketing spiel you set up gets posted on everyone who signed ups facebook , twitter etc etc - what ever social media sites you choose. It's a way to get the message out using the social reach of everyone that signs up to the Thunderclap.

Might be good to do one when you are about to release the Pyra to retail.

Here's a video made by Thunderclap explaining how it works:

It's a great way to get the message out. Basically you have a marketing spiel that you want out, then you get people to signup to the Thunderclap set for a certain date. On that date , the marketing spiel you sent out gets posted on everyone who signed ups facebook , twitter etc etc - what ever social media sites you choose. It's a way to get the message out using the social reach of everyone that signs up to the Thunderclap.
That's disgusting...

Wikipedia about it says 'In order to support your Thunderclap, people have to connect with the Thunderclap platform and give it permission to access their social media accounts and send messages on their behalf. Many people will not do this as they do not want to give a third party that level of control.'

If I were on Twitter or Facebook, I'd certainly not allow a website to post as me. I guess a few other people in this community would similarly not do that.

Thats the point of the thunderclap, you know it does that. So you either are ok with helping and doing it , or not, it's your choice. It's not doing anything underhanded .

You signup to allow the creator your helping to have their message sent out to your facebook page etc. You know this up front, that's the point of this after all.

Well, lets say you choose just facebook. You would create a flier for the Pyra and setup a thunderclap for it to go off on a certain date.

People then agree to have that flier posted on their facebook page on the thunderclap date.

I don't see what's wrong with that. It's not posting anything without peoples approval, in fact it's the opposite.

Thunderclap has been around for a while now (7 years) , I've seen a number of projects use it .

Last edited:
So it's a platform to spam everyone?
Eh, yes but no. It automates user republishing. Spam is typically defined as "you the creator are mass messaging a bunch of people", this is "a bunch of people are willingly mass messaging their own followers"
Like, when you announce the green light and start production and taking retail sales or whatever then I'm probably going to mention it on my twitter and tumblr, and there's probably a few dozen, if not a couple hundred others that will do the same. The problem is that we'll all post slightly different messages at different times, so it'll just be a trickle of notices around the webosphere.
With thunderclap, everyone who is interested in spreading the message effectively sends the exact same message at the exact same time, making the message "louder" to trending algorithms and increasing the chance of it being picked up by an online news outlet.

Wikipedia about it says 'In order to support your Thunderclap, people have to connect with the Thunderclap platform and give it permission to access their social media accounts and send messages on their behalf. Many people will not do this as they do not want to give a third party that level of control.'
I don't really get the need for this to be automated like that. I mean, isn't it super easy to manually share the flier on whatever social network? It's usually just one click to do so.

So it's a platform to spam everyone?
I might have misunderstood something, but... It's a platform for asking other, regular social media users to commit to allowing you to use /their/ voice (and accounts). Even though these users are of the same general main opinion as you, the person who specifies the exact shape and form of the voice and opinion as it will appear to all of these users' followers is you. I assume that many a user would commit despite this seemingly unimportant detail, simply because this system makes so much sense.

If using this platform becomes the new standard for Pyra, then social media users in the Pyrashpere would from there on have to decide every time between committing to your exact shape and form of opinion, or being out of this game that everyone else in the social media Pyrasphere is playing and accepting that the own voice, the specific tails and dents in one's own opinion, is noise that's not likely to be heard anymore.

Please do not do this, this is not right.

So when i say things intended for their intended recipients, its intended purpose is that of not being
…Let me just take a break from this conversation to bring you the latest new and fancy prices on cutlery, it happens to be something i like, so ill shout it so that everyone who hasnt turned my dumb voice off can hear. Hold on, let me get all angles and venues here, hate to think someone who only knows me a little misses out on all the drudge people whom have resided their confidence in multiple platforms of mine get.
CUTLERY FOLKS, ITS FORKING GRATERS. ONE ONE ONE EXCLAMATION POINT NOT TAKEN
…And as i was saying, there ought to be more control of how…

Is the level of complexion presented in the smach z superior to something you can find in a cereal box? That is my current right-off the bat idea of a prototype for anything electronic that needs one.

Last edited:
I might have misunderstood something, but... It's a platform for asking other, regular social media users to commit to allowing you to use /their/ voice (and accounts). Even though these users are of the same general main opinion as you, the person who specifies the exact shape and form of the voice and opinion as it will appear to all of these users' followers is you. I assume that many a user would commit despite this seemingly unimportant detail, simply because this system makes so much sense.
Well, to be fair, Thunderclap specify the way the message is going to be presented before you sign up for it, I think. You have to trust them to do this fairly, but so far I guess they have done this exactly. You only sign up for things you agree with, so nothing posted as you should be anything you don't already agree with.

I'm still not keen on this idea as there's no technological restriction on Thunderclap to stop them misusing the power when granted, but it would be pretty much commercial suicide on their behalf if they ever did.

Back