Slackware for Pandora 14.1

Did you refreshed the packages from Gslapt interface ?

Is FBReader a pnd ?

Did you set your timezone as indicated in the SL4P wiki ?

I updated Gslapt with the same result

maybe you can give me the the exact command for getting it via wget, because I get error 404 file not found.

FBReader is from Gslapt

yes, set time as in the wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
When downloading with palemoon I tried installpkg and get the error : unable to install, tar archive is corrupt (you remember Gslapt telling md5 incorrect). Maybe the file is not ok ?

FBReader is not a real problem, just what I found by using it.

There was indeed a problem, the archive was truncated.

I've reuploaded it, you can try again.

Thanks for the report.

Can anyone tell me if umplayer works?  Vlc does not.  I couldn't get panplayers to work at all.  Mplayer and smplayer work...in a way.  The video will play with sound.  The video will freeze.  The audio will keep playing.  That is just some files.  I used sbopkg for umplayer, but I haven't gotten it to work.  Maybe missing dependencies?  It's the mp4 files.  I can  play mkvs(which used to be a problem), but mp4s are making me pull my hairs out.  Mplayer also did a weird thing where the audio played at regular speed and the video played in slow motion.  Do you think the definition is too high?  Are there special settings for best performance with mplayer?  Do I need codecs?  This thing got me feelin like a new born baby..blonde hair and blue eyes.

Can anyone help?

Videos on Slackware work fine.

I use the same code and compilation options than the SMPlayer2 pnd.

That said, some .mp4 can be too much for the OP.

I've no idea.

You just have to compile and try, following the sbopkg procedure in the wiki.

I have two main issues with this at the moment.

The touchscreen is always out by 5-10 pixels at the extremes. I try to calibrate but it has no effect.

Toggle Wifi appears to do nothing. The driver does not enable and no notification comes up. Toggle USB Host appears to work as expected.

Apart from these and a few tweaks, it's been a nice platform to use, particularly for development purposes.

Edit: Hmm, just installed the latest version on another card and both of these issues are now resolved. Wifi works and the touchscreen calibrated correctly.

I have a problem with the at command. I am using XFCE. File copy works but no echo command. I want to start mplayer at a given time but at seems not to work. What can I do? Or is there another solution?

edit : So far KTimer and KAlarm are working. What I get in KAlarm is that the time is +1h ( if setting the time to now + 10 min I get the message "time is in past").

I wrote a bash script for this problem but the at command would be a nice small thing for just starting a program at a given time. I just wonder why it isn't working. The cron is more for repeating tasks it seems. Maybe I use KAlarm or KTimer.

edit : tried to record DVB-T and it worked ! After recording even the shutdown worked with at command (needs root). Ok so far for me.

A new thing I want to try : This is for recording DVB-T. And not to use much battery I want to switch on / off USB with a timer (at command or bash etc.) How can I do this with CLI ?

Thanks

The device will drain current anyway if it's connected.

The script is in /usr/pandora/scripts/ .

Use sudo with it.

Back