Slackware for Pandora 14.0

KDE applications (including Calligra) will look ugly because of an old setting.

Just type once :

Code:
rm -rf .kde

when logged.

Going to be trying this tonight :D

Kinda getting excited, (what a loser!) and need a reason to play with my pandora more now that uni has died down a bit!

Download is really slow though >.<

awesome work! I'll try once I get a spare SD card. Never used Slackware (Debian user) before, but I like the keep it smart and simple mentality.

Does anyone know a good text creating program with grammar correction and without Java? I try avoiding Java if possible. Its kinda slow. Not to mention the leaks. They pluged 30 in the last patch!

So how about KOffice? Haven't tryed it yet

Still waiting feedback on it ^^.

Meanwhile, here's a fix for making Temper and Mame4all work (and probably other). As root:

ln -s /usr/sbin/fbset /usr/bin/fbset

maybe I'm just too dumb to find it. But: How can I enable and set up WiFi? NetworkManager does not seem to be available. Wiki does not seem to mention that.

Mmm ?

The network manager is on by default.

Did you activated the wifi in the "System" menu ?

If you don't succeed, and to speed up help, can you:

ps ax > pslog.txt

lsmod > modlog.txt

and post here the content of the two files plz ?

d'oh!...

I did not find the "Toggle WiFi" menu item in the System menu before.

And now, when I activated WiFi successfully, I realize that this double-monitor icon in the task bar actually IS the NetworkManager.

*blush*

And sorry for the noise.

Hello there,

as I can't download it yet (stopps at approx. 35%, but could be my connection here at work), I ask in advance:

- are there already prebuilt packages for mono and monodevelop ?

- would it be possible to test Gnome3 on the Pandora (I know that it will be slow)

- could you resolve the problems that arose with the SL14 ? Am I able to use pnd ?

thanks

oh, and I think the link (in the Installation section of the wiki page) to the ".. latest -current (unstable) rootfs" does not point to the right directory

-A mono package (was very long to compile) is available here:

http://slackware.openpandora.org/pandora/index.php?dir=sl4p%2Fsl4p-14.0%2Fpackages%2Fextra

About monodevelop, i provided no package, but you can build it yourself with the sbopkg tool.

Check dependencies here:

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.0/development/monodevelop/

If you want to optimize your packages for the Pandora, do the sbopkg sync, then be sure to run once (as root) /root/sboflags.sh before building any package.

-I don't know about Gnome3. There's probably some slackbuilds around.

-Well, nobody helped me with the pndlibs, so for the next -rc release, i'll put a "refresh pnd" button on the Xfce panel.

For, now, if you want to see the pnd (yes, they work) in the menu, you have to do the following:

Clik on your SD to mount it, open a terminal:

Code:
su

killall pndnotifyd

pndnotifyd -d 3

Np ;^).

-There is no more -current for now, as it became the 14.0.

About monodevelop, i noticed it needs the jdk.

Don't install the one from sbopkg, it's the x86 version.

I ship a converted java from debian, but i'm finally not sure it's perfectly working.

About monodevelop, i noticed it needs the jdk.

Don't install the one from sbopkg, it's the x86 version.

I ship a converted java from debian, but i'm finally not sure it's perfectly working.
Seems quite odd to me. According to this it "just" needs Mono, Mono.Addins and Gtk#

Thanks for the headsup

I just fixed the last remaining bug, i.e. the modules not reloaded after a suspend.

I'll now test all around, and meanwhile may release a last -rc if some more testers are interested.

Had not much time yesterday to play around with it a lot, but:

Great Job ! It sure isn't perfect but I doubt a new release of a major distribution has fewer bugs.

I would recommend a smaller image though. I had a hard time getting it - I had to use a download manager with resume functionality as the download broke off several times.

Maybe you could leave out KDE ? According to your writing its quite easy to install - and its more or less useless anyway (my hopes for gnome 3 are going down the drain currently)

true, but would it not make more sense if the link would point to here instead of there

I just downloaded RC2. I'll probably install it tomorrow since I have to work late tonight. I'm looking forward to checking it out since I've been enjoying RC1.

Had not much time yesterday to play around with it a lot, but:

Great Job ! It sure isn't perfect but I doubt a new release of a major distribution has fewer bugs.

I would recommend a smaller image though. I had a hard time getting it - I had to use a download manager with resume functionality as the download broke off several times.

Maybe you could leave out KDE ? According to your writing its quite easy to install - and its more or less useless anyway (my hopes for gnome 3 are going down the drain currently)

true, but would it not make more sense if the link would point to here instead of there
Well i need at least an office suite to allow ED to sell it easier.

Also, in my -rc, i remove many docs that i will include in my stable releases, i'm not even sure the final result will fit on 8G.

If not, i will have to make a choice.

Yeah, also need to sort the links.

I just downloaded RC2. I'll probably install it tomorrow since I have to work late tonight. I'm looking forward to checking it out since I've been enjoying RC1.

Cool. I planned a new rc today, but had trouble with a fix that wasn't applied.

Well i need at least an office suite to allow ED to sell it easier.

Also, in my -rc, i remove many docs that i will include in my stable releases, i'm not even sure the final result will fit on 8G.

If not, i will have to make a choice.

What about a base system, configured for extension via feeds, for download, and a complete system (base system + many packages from the feeds already installed) on SD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back