Slackware for Pandora 14.0

My OP is compiling a big bunch of programs.

By the way i flagged all those compilations with Pandora-optimized settings.
Wrong, my "patch" failed. Grrr.

Will try to fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking about SD cards...

Preparing mine for Slackware, wanted to partition a 32GB card into 1x 16GB ext3, 1x 1GB swap and ax 15GB Fat32.

ext3 and swap was no problem. But whenever I create a FAT32 FS, the resulting FS accepts only 1GB of data (df shows only 1GB free etc.).

I use the command mkfs.vfat -F32 /dev/mmcblk0pX (X being the correct partition; I tried the FAT32 partition to be on place 1 and on place 3 of the table).

Any idea about the reason?

I used mkfs.vfat of SuperZaxxon 1.5.

Thanks!

Speaking about SD cards...

Preparing mine for Slackware, wanted to partition a 32GB card into 1x 16GB ext3, 1x 1GB swap and ax 15GB Fat32.

ext3 and swap was no problem. But whenever I create a FAT32 FS, the resulting FS accepts only 1GB of data (df shows only 1GB free etc.).

I use the command mkfs.vfat -F32 /dev/mmcblk0pX (X being the correct partition; I tried the FAT32 partition to be on place 1 and on place 3 of the table).

Any idea about the reason?

I used mkfs.vfat of SuperZaxxon 1.5.

Thanks!

You can try to use gparted to view the actual layout of your partitions and correct them.

You can try to use gparted to view the actual layout of your partitions and correct them.

Yes, gparted did the trick (the Pandora version of course ;-) )

However, I still don't know why mkfs.vfat did not work correctly.

Thanks for the hint!

Silly idea maybe, but: count your zeros in the command?

The partition size was correct, and that's the only place where numbers are involved on input.

When generating the file system, no size input is done. It just uses the partition size (or better: it SHOULD use the partition size ;-) ).

However, gparted showed something strange: There was the 8GB FAT partition, but in parallel there was a 8GB unassigned area, although I had asigned all available space to three partitions with fdisk before.

Anyway, now it works. Still extracting SL4P (takes very long, if the source file is on the FAT partition of the same card as the destination ext2 FS!)

Tomorrow starting over with Slackware! :)

Good night.

Something awesome:

I noticed that fvwm2 now supports freedesktop menus, ie. .pnd programs are displayed.

This window manager is very nice, and consumes less ram than twm.

One nice feature is a virtual 3X3 (or probably more) desktop.

Check google image for fvwm2.

i want to try Qemu oder newer Qemu Versions in the Future on your System ;)
I just relaunched some packages compiling as i didn't realized my 32G card went full.

The latest qemu 1.2.0 compiled fine, and runs. Didn't test it yet.

I'll upload the remaining packages, including qemu, tomorrow, as the build list isn't finished yet ^^.

Oh cool.

I want to know that this Qemu Version runs my premade Images @ http://pandorawiki.o...emu_for_Pandora

I am Curious because maybe something in the Pandora OS block new Versions(maybe an old Library) ;)

When it work have i a lot of things to test with it ^_^

Edit: Dont forget to sleep sometimes,thats important :rolleyes:

Have a new bug :/

Blacklisting modules doesn't work.

EDIT:

Not sure if blacklist works or not, but i fixed the main problem.

Great looking work here, Linux-SWAT! I have not yet downloaded - I'm reading the Wiki first - but it really sounds exciting. I got my first true appreciation and understanding of Linux using VectorLinux -- which is forked from Slackware. Thanks so much for this!

You're welcome.

I'm working daily on this.

Today, i fixed some hidden bugs, optimized xmms for Pandora's CPU, recompiled some missing dependencies, etc..

I still need help for the BIG problem, the hard-to-be-scanned-in-14.0 .pnds .

Some Qemu feedback:

My '95 image is reported as corrupted, but i can see the blue loading screen.

I retried with panQemu, and it worked, so i assume there's a bug somewhere :( .

At least it works better than the previous releases ^^.

Back