Silence!

Unboxing video of prototype parts that will not be used later on...

Unboxing video of prototype parts that will not be used later on...

What is your point?
I don't see why it should matter in any way if that very same parts with the very same materials are used later on or not.
It is an important milestone either way. Of course an unboxing video of that is not needed™, but it isn't needed for the other material either. In both cases(pun not intended) they are what they are: community service / gratuitous / fun way to mitigate the waiting pain - you name it.

Last edited:
Me too, kinda tense I guess. However i am not sure if the most tense part is actually afterwards. As probably there have to be some measurements and testing to be done to make sure the cases are completly final now.

Last edited:
ED has a unit he can test the sample case on, thats the whole point.I imagine that is going to be the video.

Yep, could very well be that he'll add an assembly video to the unboxing part, or maybe make a cut and present us the assembled part, as he did something similar before. Just wanted to say that the unboxing itself is probably not the exiting part, but the testing afterwards, whether that would be on video or not.

Or CSS (but Gord help us if/when someone actually tries to make a fully functional website in CSS)

Some additional reading material regarding this:

http://my-codeworks.com/blog/2015/duty-calls-css3-is-not-proven-to-be-turing-complete
http://my-codeworks.com/blog/2015/css3-proven-to-be-turing-complete

TL; DR: CSS has been shown to be "more" turing-complete than C. However, that does not make it anywhere near as useful as C to code any sort of complex functionality with.

Side note: You may enjoy this video, however:

So, assuming this set of plastics is good...
Plastics - ?
Display - check
Display board - check?
Keymat - check
Battery - check
Main board - ?
SoC board - ?
Thermal solution - ?

You forgot "Firmware - ?".

-God Ginrai

You forgot "Firmware - ?".

Not forgotten, just not as important at this stage as getting the hardware right. Anyone expecting anything resembling polished firmware prior to ~6 months after the first devices ship is bound to be disappointed.

Not forgotten, just not as important at this stage as getting the hardware right. Anyone expecting anything resembling polished firmware prior to ~6 months after the first devices ship is bound to be disappointed.
That's the problem with kids today. Expecting firmwares to be ready before the device is... Why, back when I was their age, we didn't have these fancy-pants "firmwares." We had a 2 KB ROM, and all you got was a BASIC prompt. And we liked it!

...Why are you still here? Get off my lawn!

That depends what is meant by firmware. I interpreted it as meaning everything up to and including the bootloader - after that point it should have handed over entirely the the OS. The OS will likely require a lot of fettling to get into shape, but I'd hope the bootloader is 90% by launch at least.

It's certainly able to boot an OS, which is a good proportion of what it needs to do. I don't know whether it can boot all the different configurations needed for 100% though; the internal eMMC, the internal muSD card, the left main SD card (and possibly the right hand one, maybe also connected USB devices).

According to EvilDragons Twitter Account, he made the Video, and wants to render it tomorrow, it was from 4 am in the morning in germany, so i dotnt know which tomorrow he ment, maybe it will be saturday (today) or sunday , but this means, it want take long..

i

Back