Silence!

Whitout Jokes:
As the CEO of the Openpandora GmbH and the Dragonbox Company, and as a Retro Gamer he also should get a Pyra Unit ,
I know the Serialnumber 1 - 200 (or 300) are for Pre Pre Orders, but what for a Serial Number will the personal Pyra Unit of EvilDragon have??
0 ?? XXX??

Whitout Jokes:
As the CEO of the Openpandora GmbH and the Dragonbox Company, and as a Retro Gamer he also should get a Pyra Unit ,
I know the Serialnumber 1 - 200 (or 300) are for Pre Pre Orders, but what for a Serial Number will the personal Pyra Unit of EvilDragon have??
0 ?? XXX??

I don't think there has ever been an established order based serial number for the prototypes - or that they have to date or will have any label to put a serial number on.

Obviously he has had one or more pre-prototype units used in the trade shows and whatnot. He will also have one of the next batch of prototypes that are in the works now. Ideally those would be 'as production' units, so - his personal one ongoing may very well be one of those?

A casing and testing video interests me more than unboxing.

2x. I too would rather @EvilDragon make a video of building the latest Pyra prototype and sacrifice the drama around 'unboxing' a padded envelope.

Since it apparently takes weeks for a padded envelope to travel from Greece to Germany, open it and at least see if everything is present and not a crushed disaster. Sacrificing the 'unboxing' drama for knowing sooner if it needs to be re-ordered makes sense to me.

But, I understand the whole, "No time to deal with that thing right now," syndrome.

So, assuming this set of plastics is good...
Plastics - ?
Display - check
Display board - check?
Keymat - check
Battery - check
Main board - ?
SoC board - ?
Thermal solution - ?

as i'm superexited, please ed, open this sleeve up and do a 'precheck' asap. this will rule out the 'argh, it's all wrong!' moment that is possible (hopefully not!) on cam.

here is hope for a perfect case-set inside! :)

someone get that man a clone! an evil clone. an evil dragon clone.... twice as much work, with half the ethical concerns!

2x. I too would rather @EvilDragon make a video of building the latest Pyra prototype and sacrifice the drama around 'unboxing' a padded envelope.

Since it apparently takes weeks for a padded envelope to travel from Greece to Germany, open it and at least see if everything is present and not a crushed disaster. Sacrificing the 'unboxing' drama for knowing sooner if it needs to be re-ordered makes sense to me.

You'd feel if it was crushed and some cracks won't be an issue
Also, for the full prototype, we still need to wait for the PCBs. But then I can do an assembly video, yes.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

I feel like I'm the kid in the back seat. Always wanting to repeatedly ask "Are we there yet?"
upload_2018-3-16_1-12-5.png

me

Back