Should Pyra have a Camera?

Should Pyra have a Camera?

• Yes

Votes: 111 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 147 57.0%

• Total voters

dgame

I do not want a camera on a handheld computer.

Vote. Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul-Gadd-Gary-Glitter.jpg

I would like the Pyra to have a camera so that I can surreptitiously take photos of local schoolchildren wildlife.

I am not sure, would be handy if the Pyra replaces a smart phone. With 3g you can write sms / whats app (and facebook without wifi around you), which is guessed 70% of the usage of todays kids. Only a few people use this things to actually call someone ;) .

Definately yes.

For videochat applications nainly and maybe for taking some pictures on the go and directly editing them with gimp or something.

This is something no camera or smartphone can do today :)

I honestly don't think this needs to be up for vote. The question we should be asking isn't "should it have a camera?" but "is it worth the cost to add a camera?"

There are no downsides to having a camera aside from how cost efficient it is to add one. The only thing that matters is if the community views one to be useful enough that they are willing to pay the cost it adds.

-God Ginrai

Definately yes.

For videochat applications nainly and maybe for taking some pictures on the go and directly editing them with gimp or something.

This is something no camera or smartphone can do today :)

Yes, user facing for video conferencing.
I must say, however, that I see absolutely no point in having only a user-facing camera. If we include a user facing camera, it should either be a swivel camera that can cover front and back, or we should in addition have one that is on the back.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai has my reasoning. I voted yes simply because the only reason I can imagine to say no is for space and money concerns, and the discussion on both is still ongoing.

Are people saying no because paranoia?

Would buy it to replace my phone, if it had everything that makes up one.

Are people saying no because paranoia?

Would buy it to replace my phone, if it had everything that makes up one.
I'm pretty sure that using the Pyra as a mobile phone has long been ruled out. EvilDragon said he was considering 3G, but that was for data.

-God Ginrai

You are making absolutely no sense with that comment. 3 cameras are not necessary to emulate the 3DS.

-God Ginrai

I'm pretty sure that using the Pyra as a mobile phone has long been ruled out. EvilDragon said he was considering 3G, but that was for data.
-God Ginrai
I guess that weakens my need for cameras on it.

You are making absolutely no sense with that comment. 3 cameras are not necessary to emulate the 3DS.

-God Ginrai
The 2ds has 3 cameras for whatever reason.

That said, we shouldn't try to built this thing to accommodate something that isn't even

hacked yet.

^^^yeah. It would need a 3d screen and two screens also.
The 2ds is really just one 2d screen. :p

-God Ginrai
Yes you do the 3DS has one on the front used for applications and it has two on the front to use the ai 3d card things witch some games might use.
There are around 6 3DS games that currently use AR, and only 2 of them use it for their main gameplay. And the user-facing camera has been used for even less. (MiiMaker, Face Raiders, and StarFox 64 3D are the only ones that come to mind)

-God Ginrai

Back