Should I have received my final order eMail already?

Mine was too, I was 28 if I remember correctly but got Pyra 37 or 36, but booth where 4GEU Units and the User who got mine was fine whit keeping the wrong number, and mee two ..

That's great news progress is being made! I'm a little concerned though, the first post in this thread has been updated to say:

"You're unit shouild be ready if you have placed your order before 05/01/2016 02:37:00 (that's up to invoice #010893 - and maybe some higher ones as well, as an order with bank wire haven't received an invoice number until the payment arrived)"

When I go to the "Is My Pyra Ready?" link it tells me that, either my order number is incorrect or my Pyra is not ready but my order was placed on 05/01/2016 12:45:XX and my invoice number is #0107XX. What's the best way to contact ED to check? (I don't want to add unnecessary noise to his comms channels but I also don't want to miss my Pyra!!)

Reactions: rSl
That's great news progress is being made! I'm a little concerned though, the first post in this thread has been updated to say:

"You're unit shouild be ready if you have placed your order before 05/01/2016 02:37:00 (that's up to invoice #010893 - and maybe some higher ones as well, as an order with bank wire haven't received an invoice number until the payment arrived)"

When I go to the "Is My Pyra Ready?" link it tells me that, either my order number is incorrect or my Pyra is not ready but my order was placed on 05/01/2016 12:45:XX and my invoice number is #0107XX. What's the best way to contact ED to check? (I don't want to add unnecessary noise to his comms channels but I also don't want to miss my Pyra!!)
Yeah, I'm in a similar situation.

Same here.

Obviously mine was shipped to the wrong person.
Eh? Was that a joke or something real I need to look into?
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation.
I've already received an eMail about that - and the problem was the timezone!

At the time the ordering started, we were UTC +2, so keep that in mind :)

But orders are thinning out, so most users who were now expecting their unit to be ready should be included in the next batch.

Ah, and about the invoice number:
I've removed that from the list - as I noticed one thing:
The invoice is being created by the shop when the payment has been confirmed.
So if you placed an order at 01:45h and the payment provider didn't confirm it before 02:45h, then the invoice (as well as the number) would've been created at 02:45h.

We don't care about how long the payment took, we're doing this in the order when you did place your order. So the invoice# doesn't really work for the orders done within the first hours, it will work once orders thin out a bit more.

Last edited:
Then how much time i must wait for #011135 order? How many pyra was assembled per week?

Then how much time i must wait for #011135 order? How many pyra was assembled per week?
Well, production started in Dec 2020, and there apparently are roughly 250(?) Pyrae now in the wild...

I'm really hoping that production may be able to ramp up even a little, it sounds like many of the problems have been resolved (or are in progress re software updates).

What concerns me most is that ED mentioned that it can take anywhere between 30 minutes to a few hours to assemble and setup a Pyra, but with a really hectic, more-than-full-time job, I can't imagine that improving any time soon...

What concerns me most is that ED mentioned that it can take anywhere between 30 minutes to a few hours to assemble and setup a Pyra, but with a really hectic, more-than-full-time job, I can't imagine that improving any time soon...
iirc, that was with the misconfigured case molding batch, since it meant manually finishing the cases' fit, and should be resolved when the cases from that batch have been used up. ?

When pasting a link to a post, shouldn't it preview that post instead of the threads OP? Whatever, :
Yep, and he clearly hasn't paid any attention at all, as we'll have around 375 coated cases which we manually fix (which is why it takes so long).

In just two months, the Pyra comes,
A handheld dream, we'll hold in thumbs.
A gadget that will set us free,
To game and work, wherever we be.

With buttons plenty, and screens that shine,
It's built for all, a friend of mine.
A pocket-sized computer, oh so grand,
To take with us, wherever we stand.

So let us wait, with bated breath,
For the Pyra to come, and bring us rest.
In just two months, it'll be in our hands,
A wondrous machine, to explore new lands.

- ChatGPT

Ah, and about the invoice number:
I've removed that from the list - as I noticed one thing:
The invoice is being created by the shop when the payment has been confirmed.
So if you placed an order at 01:45h and the payment provider didn't confirm it before 02:45h, then the invoice (as well as the number) would've been created at 02:45h.

We don't care about how long the payment took, we're doing this in the order when you did place your order. So the invoice# doesn't really work for the orders done within the first hours, it will work once orders thin out a bit more.
Ah, that explains a lot. I paid by bank transfer which was confirmed 2 or 3 days later i think :)

Would it be possible to estimate a shipping roadmap, to help predict when one should receive their unit?

Please provide a shipping roadmap or list, it takes long time for waiting (I ordered on 05/01/2016) and the update information is very rare.
Even though it is very slow (maybe, 3 Pyras one week are shipped), we need such update information.

I have suggested just this in the past. Specifically that the is my pyra ready website show position in the queue which I believe is technically possible. Or if we could plot a trajectory of invoice numbers Vs ship date that might give us an indication. Just need a few datapoints...

to help predict when one should receive their unit?

9IpYfyKw.jpg

Please provide a shipping roadmap or list, it takes long time for waiting (I ordered on 05/01/2016) and the update information is very rare.
Even though it is very slow (maybe, 3 Pyras one week are shipped), we need such update information.

If that would be easily possible, I would do that. Sometimes, I can assemble 10 units in 3 hours (if they don't need to much work) and sometimes one unit takes more than one hour as for some reason, you can't get the shoulder buttons to work or anything else acts up, etc.

Additionally, there are users (quite a few ones, AFAIK) who used their voucher codes to buy something else. If they simply do that thinking it would make their Pyra preorder invalid: Nope. The Pyra Preorder stays active until they tell me. So it could be quite a few of the active preorders will never be changed into final orders anyways.

And finally, based on experience with the orders I have so far, about 10 - 20% of the preorders do not place an order for their final unit.

What I could do is create a map of active preorders and when they placed their order so you can try to guess it yourself and left you know how many units have been built every week, but everything else is guesswork for everyone himself.

In my humble opinion it's not worth the trouble and can even leak private info if not well thought out statistically, so I'm happy enough if I get an email when I can order.

Back