Should I have received my final order eMail already?

I'm a good 2000 units behind what is currently posted.

232rd Jan.

Back-To-The-Future-2-Remastered-35th-Anniversary-Ultimate-Trilogy-Blu-ray-Image-03.jpg

My invoice number is #0107XX so pretty close to the #010627 one listed the last time the first post on this thread was updated on 232rd Jan.
That's August 20th in non-leap years.

Much like December 37th is a coded reference to the Capitol riot/insurrection/perfectly normal political protest that took place on January 6th 2021

I've heard @EvilDragon got COVID-19 in Gamescom. I don't remember how long ago that was. He's hopefully recovered, and hopefully wad asymptomatic or mild, I don't know, but even if he's working again he may well have some backlog to clear. I guess it's none of my businesses, but I'd still love to hear he's well.

He tweeted about in in his shop channel on 1st September. I'd hope he's better from the main symptoms though I don't know what kind of long covid if any is prevalent from the gamescom variant.

Hello,
is there a way to know when i will receive my Pyra or in batch i am please ?
It's hard to wait without knowing, without having any information.

Having been 'burned' once in neo900 and having spent hours visiting and asking and emailng just to learn the most basic question a person could have regarding his order and having
read about @EvilDragon workstress and getting in account the covid-supply crisis chain events and the war that further complicate things i want to say that :

Ok , there is a risk , it was stated in the preorders , more risk was added due to non-controllable factors but it seems very likely that the pyra team made mistakes in how it handles the preorder queue.
I sense a disincentive established in being forthcoming and open about the preorder queue status.

Please prove me wrong . Allow us to the most basic info. In what rank is each order , in what batch it belongs ,and a possibly estimate of delivery.

Having been 'burned' once in neo900 and having spent hours visiting and asking and emailng just to learn the most basic question a person could have regarding his order and having
read about @EvilDragon workstress and getting in account the covid-supply crisis chain events and the war that further complicate things i want to say that :

Ok , there is a risk , it was stated in the preorders , more risk was added due to non-controllable factors but it seems very likely that the pyra team made mistakes in how it handles the preorder queue.
I sense a disincentive established in being forthcoming and open about the preorder queue status.

Please prove me wrong . Allow us to the most basic info. In what rank is each order , in what batch it belongs ,and a possibly estimate of delivery.

We have had a decade of very frank and open communication from @EvilDragon. Therefore it is worth assuming that the issue is not, fundamentally, about communication, even if this is a long period of silence.

We may all want more information about when the Pyra will be delivered but at the moment it looks very much like the issue is not the pre-order queue, whether it is well organised or not, but the supply of Pyras and labour. Given those problems even a better organised queue would still mean very long waits with entirely unreliable dates (thanks to supply chain and assembly line issues). Its understandable we want better idea of our place in the queue, but if the queue isn't moving it means nothing, whereas if the queue was moving at a clip it also wouldn't really matter.

Personally I would have cancelled my order, but that I'm loath to take a lump out of a project I like very much on a human level.

We have had a decade of very frank and open communication from @EvilDragon. Therefore it is worth assuming that the issue is not, fundamentally, about communication, even if this is a long period of silence.

We may all want more information about when the Pyra will be delivered but at the moment it looks very much like the issue is not the pre-order queue, whether it is well organised or not, but the supply of Pyras and labour. Given those problems even a better organised queue would still mean very long waits with entirely unreliable dates (thanks to supply chain and assembly line issues). Its understandable we want better idea of our place in the queue, but if the queue isn't moving it means nothing, whereas if the queue was moving at a clip it also wouldn't really matter.

Personally I would have cancelled my order, but that I'm loath to take a lump out of a project I like very much on a human level.

When did the queue stopped moving ? I ask because i gave 70euros to change a ''coupon'''(*) (of 330euros) to a preorder 6 months ago and nobody stopped me...

(*) As i've said in a previous thread that 'coupon' of mine was 'unsupported' and in autopilot , meaning it never came any email to inform me that it's status changed .

Last edited:
That's what someone will see landing in https://pyra-handheld.com now

View attachment 38351
So if queue is frozen shouldnt that banner change ?
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/ said:
Over 150 units have already been shipped to the users.

While assembly itself still is a bit slow due to some issues we had with the case, we are working on improving the speed and fixing these issues in the near future.
We already have over 500 full boards produced, so we can still assemble over 300 before the next PCB production run is needed.

We have around 1000 preorders, so it will still take a while until all of these are delivered, but we're getting there!
https://dragonbox.de/en/pyra/pyra-preorder-standard-edition-4gb-ram.html said:
Please read carefully before placing your preorder!
* The payment for the preorder is a DOWNPAYMENT! The final payment will NOT be necessary before the device is ready to be shipped.
* The downpayment will be used to order the parts that are necessary for the production of the devices. This means, that it might not be possible to get a refund right away if you want one. (Normally, it is possible as the shop has funds as well, but I just thought I might warn you).
* We cannot say for sure when the delivery will happen. In case any issues occur, we rather fix them than rush things out. We think we'll be able to deliver the Pyra sometime this year though!
* Be aware that there is ALWAYS a certain risk with such crowdfunding / preorder projects. We already have working prototypes, so it's unlikely the project will fail especially as we already have enough preorders (500) to ensure that the production will go ahead. The risk shouldn't be too high, but I just wanted to point that out.
What more do you want?
The devices aren't ready to "order" because ED doesn't have stock on a shelf, so you "preorder" them.
ED didn't have the capital to have all of the items produced at the one time, so he is doing it in batches. Means less items taking up space in his shop. He needed a bigger shop anyway.
You've seen people actually get their units right? ED made a big push to start shipping in 2021 after all the frustrations COVID brought.
You've heard from ED that he is committed to getting a unit to everyone who ordered right? I'm not sure if he has come out to say it but the way he talks about it and is exhausted from all of the challenges he's had to overcome speak volumes.

What more do you want?
The devices aren't ready to "order" because ED doesn't have stock on a shelf, so you "preorder" them.
ED didn't have the capital to have all of the items produced at the one time, so he is doing it in batches. Means less items taking up space in his shop. He needed a bigger shop anyway.
You've seen people actually get their units right? ED made a big push to start shipping in 2021 after all the frustrations COVID brought.
You've heard from ED that he is committed to getting a unit to everyone who ordered right? I'm not sure if he has come out to say it but the way he talks about it and is exhausted from all of the challenges he's had to overcome speak volumes.
I found i think my oldest instance :Oct 8, 2021
Well.. i understand the difficulties. Being supportive of an open project i guess means among other things patience.
But the 'openness' in my view should be extended and in some other processes like having a visible order queue .
I mean having patience and seeing the line in front of you is one thing, having patience and faith is another .

Back