- Feb 23, 2009
I quite like this, there's however just two things I'dd like to point:He should stop shipping units to Craig. He can ship them to Craig's preorderers directly if he wants to, but I think Craig has proved to be untrustworthy, and until he gives accurate information (i.e. a detailed list) to ED, I don't see why ED should believe that Craig is even shipping those units to his preorderers - for all we know, Craig could just as well be selling them on eBay or handing them out to his friends, we have no clue at all. (ninja'd by ED himself, looks like this is arranged in a better way than what I assumed)
Also, I would like ED to be able to pay his debts and his investors ASAP, so he can get his hands free to start thinking about a successor to the Pandora. Any free unit sent to Craig's preorderers is essentially slowing down this process, although I do think those original preorderers have the right to get their unit (but it's not necessarily up to ED to deliver it). In my opinion, the following would be a better solution:
1. Craig sends ED his full list of preorderers
2. ED calculates an rough estimated shipping date for everyone on the list (basically the avg time per preorder unit times the queue position)
3. Everybody in the queue gets a choice:
For choices 4 and 5, I think Craig should pay for (at least a significant part of) the refund/voucher. After all, these are still his customers. His main incentive to give the list to ED and let him handle it, is that probably less people will ask for a full refund when ED is handling things than when Craig is (poorly) handling them.
- Stay in the queue, pay nothing (this option already exists, but without the ETA)
- Pay a bit to get the unit faster (not immediately, but something closer to now and it becomes a hard deadline, not a rough estimate)
- Pay the production cost to get the unit now (this option already exists)
- Get out of the queue, and get a voucher for the DragonBox shop, which can be used e.g. in the future to help buy a potential Pandora 2
- Get a refund (this option already exists)
- Get a refund (this option already exists): this seems quite false to me, as even if you can ask for a refund money cannot appear out of thin air and with good reason ED is not sending money to craig.
- that's a nice idea, but it revolve to the assumption that craig care about his customer which, without any doubts proved wrong all theses years, if you stop sending preorder you'll just do that, it won't be a good reason for him to send the list to ED, in the end the customer would be the only one screwed by that...
Last edited by a moderator: