Should ED stop delivering units to Craig?

Should ED stop delivering units to Craig?

• Yes

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 67.1%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively we could come up with our own list.
Hmmm, I give that 2 minutes before people start generating random order numbers. With no information from Craig, it'd be impossible to verify
I guess you stopped reading there as I came with a solution for that problem later in my post.
Btw I suggested that we should come up with our own list... months ago. Whenever I said about it, or that I feel milked, or that Craig is a cheater... well, "I was rude", paranoid and commonly ignored.

OK, now I will ask something and probably will be ignored (again). Then, in a few months somebody will come out with same "actual" question:

After all 500-800 Craig's pre-orders "cleared" , I feel that lot of us will not get Pandora we paid. AND THEN WHAT?

We will be just hostages of games between ED & Craig, or there is a better solution?

Any helping here is helping Craig. Every refusing to help Craig makes us hostages...

I personally will upgrade in a few months - if there will be still that option possible for us who did pre-orders at Craig. But what with other people?

Collective lawsuit?

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies DarkBorn, had I realised you made the same suggestion earlier I would've surely mentioned you!

On the other hand it's not as if I have enough clout around here to change anything so the effect will be about the same as when you made it originally.  :)

I have said this to ED directly before but I believe this is a mistake to feel obligated to deliver Pandoras that Craig failed to deliver. 

I understand ED's motivations: trying to help as many people as possible, making up for the mistakes of the past, etc... but technically this should be Craig's top priority. This has nothing to do with ED anymore, and this hurts the community in several ways. 

First, it lets Craig off the hook: now he can fully work on his ICP2 stuff and forget about the Pandora since ED is doing his job. Not very good. I would rather have Craig sued by the people who ordered from him in order to get some compensation. At least something would be happening. Craig should face his responsibilities and stop screwing people over and over. 

Then, since ED has cleared his queue, he should, in theory, be able to reduce the price of the Pandora he sells. But because he keeps supporting Craig's (unlimited?) queue, the price of the Pandora will probably NEVER drop (let's face it, a queue of 500-600 will take a very long time to clear). Therefore it hurts consumers who want to buy a Pandora indirectly : they have to pay the "Craig tax" even though they have nothing to do with it. 

Third, it delays the time when ED will be able to make any profit from the Pandora. Profit is not EVIL, on the contrary ED needs profit in order to invest in the future of the Pandora. If we ever want a Pandora 2, profits need to come upstream to prepare for it. Craig's queue is just delaying all that, hurting the community in the long term. 

Net, I would not go further than what has been contractually agreed with Craig - then leave him on his own. We don't owe him anything, he has come and messed up with this community so many times there's no point in trying to save him. And for all we know, as many other people hinted, he may have used the money for something else and pretended he got "lots of refunds". I don't find that story very plausible, to say the least. 

@Timstertoo

Thanks, but: not a problem at all, it was not personal.

I agree with you 100%. Just want to make it straight - as a conclusion:

What ever Craig did *great* in past to make Pandora project possible (e.g. he started it, invest money), it does not mean that it vindicates mess we have now, nor his irresponsible attitude right now.

IMHO he did much, much worse then that:

He scr*wed up whole project from beginning, and expanded *his* mess to others. No credits for him anymore.

whole project from beginning, and expandedfgfd *his* mess to others. No credits for him anymore.

I was not involved with the Pandora project from the beginning so I am not sure what credit goes to him, but from my conversations with a few key members it seems that he did not do THAT much that he claims to be responsible for. Maybe he did have an impact at the beginning to make the project start in the first place, but that's about it. The rest would have happened without him, afaik.

whole project from beginning, and expandedfgfd *his* mess to others. No credits for him anymore.

I was not involved with the Pandora project from the beginning so I am not sure what credit goes to him, but from my conversations with a few key members it seems that he did not do THAT much that he claims to be responsible for. Maybe he did have an impact at the beginning to make the project start in the first place, but that's about it. The rest would have happened without him, afaik.
Craig invented it. Without him, there would not be a Pandora.

The rest would not have happened without him.
You mean all that mess? Yes, for sure.

Beside, he actually picked-up all ideas from one thread at gbx forum or so... It was something like "what would be your dream game platform" or so.

He just picked up many suggestions and came up with his very own project.

Beside, many many people added contribution so, you could say for 20+ people (but probably many more) it would not happened without xxx.

We'll see about Pandora2. maybe he did some patent in meantime (heck this is where those money's gone) so... no P2 without him.

The Pandora is in EvilDragons court now and he has mentioned interest in making a successor to the Pandora outside of Craig's ICP2 hybrid idea.

Craig invented it. Without him, there would not be a Pandora.
Not entirely true.

The idea about our own handheld (GP2X-like) had been born between Fatih, Craig and me, shortly after we visited GPH.

Craig was the one pushing it forward, that's true.

The basic idea for the Pandora (with keyboard, etc.) is from Craig, Fatih, Michael and me.

The keyboard idea derived from the Chatboard for the GP32 (which would be nice for Amiga / Atari ST emulation).

Craig was the one to really push everything forward, and he had a lot of detailed ideas for the Pandora, but the idea was not his alone.

The keyboard idea derived from the Chatboard for the GP32 (which would be nice for Amiga / Atari ST emulation).
I remember that. And many suggestions that came out at that thread, before project even started for real... (e.g. wi-fi community votes for).

I was not a member, just a stalker :)

Truth is that without CR, there would not be a Pandora starting at that time -but maybe few months later should be some other project, and that "other" Pandora project could not be worse managed then actual.

Summa summarum: More damage then help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back