What Ever Happened To Reesy?

centrlink

Website
Visit site
Was just checking out genesis emulation on the DS, and it made me think of Reesy and the great work he did on the GP32, not to mention the GBA with his great SMS emulator.

Reesy, are you still out there, or does anyone know what happened to him?

Perhaps Craig & co could find their way to sending you a Pandora on the house :)

Cheers and beers

He's still around, I saw him lurking the other day :)

If he's interested, I agree that he should be on the freebie dev list. Who knows, maybe he is already.

Esn said:
Parkydr said:
Last active yesterday .

Hey... there is no way that Reesy first joined up in 2006... DrMD for the GP32 was released way before that! Did his previous account get erased?

I must have been looking at post's pre 2006 then, because I knew I saw them marked as unregistered the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prophet said:
I've been hoping to see Reesy around here as well.

Rlyeh too.
+1, I remember a lot of cool stuff for the GP32 from him as well (mostly the SMS emu... I don't know how many hours of Outrun I played on that)

Prophet said:
I've been hoping to see Reesy around here as well.

Rlyeh too.
I hope Rlyeh devs for the Pandora too. How about yoyofr?

It would be great to see Reesy develop for the Pandora, As it would be great to see what Reesy is capable of when flexing his coding genius on hardware such as the Pandora :)

I`m wondering too whether he has signed up for a Pandora dev unit ?.

If he hasn`t, I would definitely be willing to donate a Pandora to Reesy if he was interested.

Lets just say that it would be like a thank you all for the years of portable megadrive entertainment that Reesy has made possible on my GP32, Via Dr MD. Which still get major play even today.

Ok, I apologise for brown nosing. :p

Trooper

DrMD is the most fired-up emulator on my GP2X... Has been since it was ported...

Pandy needs Reesy. +1

Another vote from me! DrMD on the gp32 is one of the most accomplished emulators i've had the pleasure of using!

Even if Picodrive has superceded DrMD as of some while ago (for me at least), it's still got a special place in my memory. Whether developing MD emus or not, it'd be great to see Reesy around again in the Pandora years.

And, of course, Rlyeh - though as I recall, he's taking a break after entering new fatherhood (admitedly a year or so ago, I think). Or am I thinking of someone else? His site, anyway, indicates that he's been doing some bits and pieces over the last little while, though mostly in the JXD hacking area of things rather than for 2x.

trooper said:
It would be great to see Reesy develop for the Pandora, As it would be great to see what Reesy is capable of when flexing his coding genius on hardware such as the Pandora :)

I`m wondering too whether he has signed up for a Pandora dev unit ?.

If he hasn`t, I would definitely be willing to donate a Pandora to Reesy if he was interested.

Lets just say that it would be like a thank you all for the years of portable megadrive entertainment that Reesy has made possible on my GP32, Via Dr MD. Which still get major play even today.

Ok, I apologise for brown nosing. :p

Trooper

i remember the 'donate to buy this dev a gpsx'threads and would certainly donate to buy Reesy a pandora...

we don't even know if he's interested though, and if he had seen this thread, he would've probably posted to clarify things.

The free Pandoras should go to devs with lots of free time on their hands ( so we get lots of goodies :) ), so that would rule me out straight away. Also I've really not got much to offer these days, Picodrive is just soo bloody good (Virtual Racing 60fps! :eek: ) that its pretty much made DrMD redundant. Squidge is handling the snes port so thats everything covered that you would have got from me.

Don't worry though I'm keeping my eye on the Pandora and if it lives up to all its hype I shall speak to *the boss* and get some pennies to buy one :). Then I'll port DrMD (thats if someones not already done it, source code is available people ;))

Later
Reesy

Reesy said:
Don't worry though I'm keeping my eye on the Pandora and if it lives up to all its hype I shall speak to *the boss* and get some pennies to buy one :). Then I'll port DrMD (thats if someones not already done it, source code is available people ;))
I was and still am a fan of DrSMS for the GP32. It's a really nice little bit of software. Running what seems like fullspeed SMS emulation at 66Mhz just seems ridiculous! Long live Aleste on my GP32.

Back