Shortest newspost of all times (2012-02-22)

If you don't plan to 'upgrade' your order or make any shipping changes, there is no reason to worry about whose shop you originally ordered from. The important thing is that manufacturing is now happening. ED will ship the needed units to Craig in bulk, who will ship them out accordingly.

I know the unfathomable communication issues there have given some people the sense that his side of the operation is a bit of a black hole, but he has no problems shipping when there's something to ship. :) Years of GBAX operation, the early days of Pandora assembly and the current iControlpad rollout are testament to that. I'm waiting on a second batch order through Craig's shop, and although I probably wouldn't bother trying to get an email through these days, I'm not concerned about my order at all.

Link's answer is shorter than WizardStan's, haha.

Yay! If I had money (like I used to) I would get me a new one :p now I have to wait untill I finish college; that would be the time for Pandora N^n hehe.

Just got in from work, been away from the web all day, and this awesome news is the first thing I've read, cheer's Ed & OP team, here's to the next 1000.

First off this news totally rocks and I'm so happy there is movement on the horizon. Yay!

Now, questions about RMA fulfillment. How are RMA's prioritized in the distribution of new Pandora's? Are we at the end or are we sprinkled in along with new and first-batch pre-orderers? If you are awaiting a RMA and are particularly impatient (me) can you also pay a fee to be bumped up in the queue? Sorry if this has been answered anywhere already but I haven't seen this info posted. Thanks and good luck with all of the imminent building of wonderful Pandoras!!!

Win!!!!!!!!! Open Pandora Team FTW!!!! I'm happy to hear things are looking up for a change!

Will do a newspost later (mostly positive :D ).

Just came home with 100 PCBs (40 already fully assembled, tested and ready to be shipped).

Had a slow start with some issues that we needed to solve, but it's working out good :)

Sorry, off to bed now, too tired... hoping to find the time for some newspost during the weekend :)

If you don't plan to 'upgrade' your order or make any shipping changes, there is no reason to worry about whose shop you originally ordered from.
Right, but for those of us that have moved in the meantime it is quite a big deal. Not that I'm suggesting that you're suggesting otherwise, but right now being on the cusp of having things shipped, silence from the shop I ordered from is not at all what I want to be not hearing.

I'd be really curious to know what portion of the preorder queue has moved in the interim. I doubt that information can be handed out though.

i have read this topic: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6973-where-is-my-icontrolpad/

and i realize now how difficult it will be for Craig's side to manage at the same time the icontrolpad and the pandora shipping when he will receive them. At the moment he doesn't have them and he is already overworked, so i can't imagine how he could manage the situation soon with the addition of the pandoras.

there is really no possibility to transfer our order from his store?^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Well (and I don't mean to be the Craig defence force here, I'm just reading it as I interpret it) the delays documented in that thread, the longest of which seemed to be about 4 weeks, were due to a spike in iControlpad demand and production having to catch up. Nine users in that thread have now confirmed their unit has shipped; four others haven't returned to give an update.

All Craig has to do with the completed Pandoras is forward them. He's not processing new orders, or producing or assembling them. Seems to me that Pandoras going through him could take an extra week or so to get out the door (factoring in shipping time from Germany to UK, then being distributed from there). This is a mere blip on top of the 1/2/3 years some people have already been waiting.

Now consider what's involved in changing your order, so that it ships direct from ED. He processes his emails in bulk once or twice a week. Once he gets to your request, he would need to coordinate this information with Craig, adding more communication lag. It seems like an extra load of admin work for two already overworked guys, for a net gain of little more than a different 'from' address.

This is just my 2c. ED may even chime in and say I'm wrong, who knows. But I'll say again that Craig has no problem shipping when there is stuff to ship. And that's all he has to do here: ship. :)

Anyway, I'll stop labouring the point. I'm not the boss of you. :)

(Obviously this isn't aimed at guys like hedwards who really need to get their order info changed.)

Could someone please put up (or point out) a little FAQ with regard to "upgrade" options, who we need to contact, how orders will be handled (that is, who will ship them), etc.? I've read about the "upgrade" option a couple times, but am at a loss for whether I want one, how to get one, etc.

Also, with all the different places to order, I'm also at a loss as to exactly who has my order. ED? Craig? Someone else? If I ordered via openpandorasales, who is that? And if I do, in fact, want an upgrade, or want someone else to ship it, how do I coordinate all that?

I know other folks pre-ordered well before me 2.5 years ago, so I can't be the only person confused or uninformed. Any help for us bozos would be appreciated. =)

ED will have that info up soon. :) He was going to do it a few days ago, but they had a massive end of week, and I think a bit of R&R over the weekend.

Just a quick information:

To anyone still waiting for the payment information, I just finished my tool that handles all the calculations.

Now I just need to include the shipping details for various countries...

As I have to get up at 7am (and it's 3:36am right now), I will do that tomorrow, not tonight.

Don't worry, you'll get your payment information :)
If you ordered from Craig, you will also get your unit and can upgrade like anyone who ordered from me.

I haven't forgotten your guys, I was just so tired I instantly fell asleep yesterday.

Only had 2-3 hours of sleep during the last days, so I guess yesterday night I really HAD to sleep.

Up now, after 8 hours of sleep, having coffee, feeling a bit worn out but leaving in a few minutes for GC again.

I will update all of you soon how to do the upgrade. etc.

Sorry to be a pain and ask this but I dunno who I ordered from... And what the difference is?

I placed my order in January on this site with a few extras (battery, case). Not sure if that matters...

And guess my order will be still a bit of time away from shipping as I know how long some have waited and I'm not expecting it immediately, just excited!!

Back