Shortest newspost of all times (2012-02-22)

will you hire some persons to help you for this task?

(to have a good rate, i mean)

Already hired one, Link and Asparagos are here helping out as well.

Linux-SWAT left home but will probably come back end of next week to help again as well.

Very nice to hear. I would also love to volunteer for pandora building. If it is somehow managable get payed for the train ticket (about 400km from here to Ingolstadt) I would work for free. I successfully assembled a Nintendo DS Lite once :)

Very good news - so things are getting started a little sooner than expected. Last I recall, mass production was to happen on Friday...one day early now it seems. This is great news.

One question I had, well a bit anyways. So I'm one of the later preorders ($10 down people), and I'm thinking of modifying my order a bit. Specifically, the case isn't really necessary, and would like to rather make my own (more minimalist design, something that I can carry around easier. When you email for the final payment, how should we approach the adjustment?

Another side question...anyone I bet can answer this. So when charging the pandora...I assume we get a power adapter for the wall..but can it be charged through USB as well? In other words, if I had the device off, but plugged into USB, would it charge the battery? A related question - if we have it on, and plugged in, does it charge? or can it at least feed off the USB power?

but can it be charged through USB as well? In other words, if I had the device off, but plugged into USB, would it charge the battery? A related question - if we have it on, and plugged in, does it charge? or can it at least feed off the USB power?
Yes, it can. If you plug it to USB it will power up automatically. This is required because the CPU itself is needed to control the battery charging. Charging via USB depends on the power consumtion of the pandora and its attached devices itself. If there isn't enough power left for charging, the power is used to extend the operating time.

I recommend the Unofficial user manual.

So much great news lately. As I said earlier. If you need more help, just send me a email or PM and I will pack my bags and take the next train to Ingolstadt.

Great news, best of luck for Thursday / Friday. :)

@TDT : The Pandora charges via USB when connected to a PC (or other powered USB source) via the USB OTG port.

Don't worry about Murphy, he's staying at my place at the moment.... Bloody bastard.

Fantastic news ED. Keeping my fingers crossed for the second boardside. All the prototypes went smoothly so I cautiously expect a smooth ride from here on.

Cheers to the entire team! :wub:

@Amon_Re, did something go wrong at your place? You are referring to Murphys' law are you not?

Last edited by a moderator:
At this rate those 2000 OMAP3530s will be used up pretty quickly afterall. What's the rate you guys are able to do final assembly at these days?

Great news ED :)

Any news on the process/costs etc for upgrades from a 256MB unit? :)

At this rate those 2000 OMAP3530s will be used up pretty quickly afterall. What's the rate you guys are able to do final assembly at these days?
Not sure what Global Components will do with the 2nd thousand, but here's hoping they are quick!

Indeed sir. I think I'll paypal you over enough for a pint (or stein I think you guys have instead? :p )

Beat me to it.

Ed is there some place (payal/iDeal) we can donate some money to for a couple of beers for the volunteers after a long day?

Yes.

http://openpandora.o...emid=44&lang=en

I want to buy the money to end up in the bellies of the guys who are voluntarily helping building the Pandora, sending it there god knows where it'll end up.

No more money goes to Pandoral ltd/gmbh/OpenPandora till I get my Pandora and the forum badges/mini metal Pandora stuff is sorted. Fool me thrice even more shame on me. Already feel like a complete idiot to have been swayed the second time with the $1 Pandora. Respectfully said of course.

So can't one of the guys over there setup a BeerFund paypall acount and take care of fair distribution? I'm fine with ED doing it too, as long as the money goes into a seperate account and not on the big heap. I'd be surprised if I'd be the only one willing to throw a bit of money in there and end of the day it'll also help Pandora's overhead as they'll have to get less food/beer for the people helping out.

Back