Shortest newspost of all times (2012-02-22)

Just a quick information:

To anyone still waiting for the payment information, I just finished my tool that handles all the calculations.

Now I just need to include the shipping details for various countries...

As I have to get up at 7am (and it's 3:36am right now), I will do that tomorrow, not tonight.

Don't worry, you'll get your payment information :)

can't believe it cause its unbelieveable!
001_Z_FALLEN_02.gif

thank you for fantastic news, ED!

No more money goes to Pandoral ltd/gmbh/OpenPandora till I get my Pandora and the forum badges/mini metal Pandora stuff is sorted.

Did you not get your mini Pandora? They were sent out months ago.

PS: YAY!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No more money goes to Pandoral ltd/gmbh/OpenPandora till I get my Pandora and the forum badges/mini metal Pandora stuff is sorted.

Did you not get your mini Pandora? They were sent out months ago.

PS: YAY!!!!!

I was in the forum badge group. And personally I don't give a "fill in your own expletive here" about forum badges or private forums and being first to know news. But it's just the way money is taken and then total disregard for promises made up front and just change rules as fits their needs best. It has turned into a matter of principle.

But this has all been said before and I'm over it. Don't want to turn this from a positive thing into a negative one. I'm more then happy to donate some money to the greater good of the community, like beer for the volunteers and donations left and right to developers of software on the Pandora I'll use once I get it. I didn't "buy" the dev fund as I didn't get a clear answer how it would be used specifically way back when I bought the Pandora (can't remember specifics but I think there was a reluctancy to give a total tally of funds received and how it's distributed among the devs but I could be wrong) but I'll definitely be donating at least that amount to do my little part in keeping community members motivated to put in their free time.

But I'm not like a battered wife that keeps on going back after promises that the husband has really changed :p If I spend money I want it to be for something I choose it to be for, not for someone else to decide.

Anyhoo, mass production has started and it's good times indeed. Can't wait for the posts about the first impressions popping up again. :) ED has certainly done his best to turn this around, I'm well aware that he's in a small minority that would actually push through in his situation and my hat is off to that.

ED, did you remember to bring a camera to give us some video of the production at GC?

But this has all been said before and I'm over it. Don't want to turn this from a positive thing into a negative one.
Well, see it this way: Things like exclusive content and money-based orders of user appreciation (if that isn't neutral enough for you, replace it with "money-based orders of user pride") through forum badges / supporter icons should never have been (edit: generally approved of) ideas to begin with since they potentially cause harm to an open community.

But you are right -- answers that are less than helpful, like I received when I had asked Craig about the reasoning behind exclusive content and supporter icons, are manifestations of things equally harmful.

This is getting off-topic, I guess.

Just a quick information:

To anyone still waiting for the payment information, I just finished my tool that handles all the calculations.

Now I just need to include the shipping details for various countries...

As I have to get up at 7am (and it's 3:36am right now), I will do that tomorrow, not tonight.

Don't worry, you'll get your payment information :)
I assume there's no way of moving my order to your store without cancelling my previous order and reordering from you at the higher price.

Right now, I'm having a real hard time with the deafening silence coming from Craig's shop. At this point, I can't even load the page, nor find any references to it online. I assume that's probably just because I'm in China, but it doesn't make it any easier getting ahold of them to request an address change.

ED should have information up soon on making changes to existing orders. There is also the option of calling Craig's store (there is a UK number floating around the boards somewhere).

For the record, gbax.com is up. It's now just a simple landing page, directing you to either the Pandora or iControlpad sites.

ED should have information up soon on making changes to existing orders. There is also the option of calling Craig's store (there is a UK number floating around the boards somewhere).

For the record, gbax.com is up. It's now just a simple landing page, directing you to either the Pandora or iControlpad sites.
OK, then I guess it isn't the connection. Last time I went there was more to the site. I'm never quite sure about sites being gone around here.

Calling isn't going to work out for me, but if ED is able to provide a method of confirming and changing address it should be fine. It wouldn't be terrible if they didn't get my change of address, but it would mean that I wouldn't get it for probably the better part of a month after it does finally ship.

There's just been a large number of changes over the last few years.

OK, then I guess it isn't the connection. Last time I went there was more to the site. I'm never quite sure about sites being gone around here.

Calling isn't going to work out for me, but if ED is able to provide a method of confirming and changing address it should be fine. It wouldn't be terrible if they didn't get my change of address, but it would mean that I wouldn't get it for probably the better part of a month after it does finally ship.

There's just been a large number of changes over the last few years.

Fishing from the same boat as I, hedwards. Ordered from Craig, *before I knew there was a difference* and moved since the time I ordered, but I should probably shut up about that by now. It's really fun feeling that it's worth checking the board a couple of times each day because there's no telling what new good might come up.

You've actually reminded me that it's going to be a close call between my batch 2 order arriving, and my work delivery address changing.

Excuse me won't you, I'm off to put a buck on the race.

If you ordered from Craig, you will also get your unit and can upgrade like anyone who ordered from me.

I haven't forgotten your guys, I was just so tired I instantly fell asleep yesterday.

Only had 2-3 hours of sleep during the last days, so I guess yesterday night I really HAD to sleep.

Up now, after 8 hours of sleep, having coffee, feeling a bit worn out but leaving in a few minutes for GC again.

I will update all of you soon how to do the upgrade. etc.

Up now, after 8 hours of sleep, having coffee, feeling a bit worn out [...]
:blink: You're getting old!

:p :D

No, actually it's good to hear that you do get some normal sleep at least once a year! :lol:

We'll be able to upgrade soon enough.

Don't worry too much about it. And definitely get your rest, the last thing we need is for you to get sick.

Great news. Was wondering though, is the facility there to pay the difference between the original preorder and what it is now? (regardless of if it bumps me up the list or not)

Will take care of all that during the weekend.

So much organization still left to do :)

Will i've something more to pay to get mine ordered a long time ago in the first batch (september or october 2008) ?

Didn't recieved anything in my mailbox since my order confirmation and my new paiement in early 2009 (due to banking problem during first batch if i remenber well) ?

I must say that i stopped readding the forum because it was nervously too hard for me !

I assume there's no way of moving my order to your store without cancelling my previous order and reordering from you at the higher price.

Right now, I'm having a real hard time with the deafening silence coming from Craig's shop. At this point, I can't even load the page, nor find any references to it online. I assume that's probably just because I'm in China, but it doesn't make it any easier getting ahold of them to request an address change.

i agree with this reaction.

i also ordered from craig shop "before I knew there was a difference" too.

I would also like to move my order From Craig's to ED's store without cancelling my previous order and reordering...

as far as i'm concerned, it's because i am under the impression that the building and shipping process will be more dynamic from ED's, and It is his implication in the forum, his reactivity, the communication and the answers he gives that make me think this.

I'm afraid the process would take more time if we have ordered in craig's shop.

i really really really wish i'm totally wrong.

Back