I have started a space shooter game
here are some images:
upgrade screen:
spiel11lf.jpg

ingame screens:
spiel33qt.jpg

spiel47zh.jpg

spiel50us.jpg

I made Level Editor and a scroll engine of my own for the game, so you can make levels that are 10000 Pixels and up in Y-size without storing such a big image.
The pictures are from an earlier version of my game.

Bampt posted on Aug 24 2005 at 01:58 PM said:
I have started a space shooter game
I made Level Editor and a scroll engine of my own for the game, so you can make levels that are 10000 Pixels and up in Y-size without storing such a big image.
The pictures are from an earlier version of my game.

Wow, that looks nice!
Does it support own graphics via the level editor?
That would be cool :)

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
This looks very goood! Can't wait to try this one out.
Just an idea for a level, why can't we go to their planet and burn some of their cities for a change?

Just looked at the pics again, and I think the ship is a bit too big?
WOn`t it be too hard to dodge bullets?

I think the ships size is nice because you have energy and the levels are made so that you could evade every bullet if you do good...
Here are some Pics of the second level I just begon:
gpfo79ps.jpg

gpfo88gj.jpg

Bampt posted on Aug 25 2005 at 05:22 PM said:
I think the ships size is nice because you have energy and the levels are made so that you could evade every bullet if you do good...

Okay, it`s fine then! :)

Will you release the source, as I`m very interested in how you realize the level editor :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks fun, although it does seem a little difficult to see the ship at times over certain terrain.

Now that I think about it, when its moving it shouldnt be an issue..

There aren´t any Tutorials about a Level editor?
If so I should write a Level Editor tutorial, because it is important for making good jump´n run games or strategy games or Rpgs or Puzzlers in Fenix.
Think I should have written it till tommorow then I just need a place to put it.
But I´ll keep the game source because I had a lot of trouble creating this damn scroll engine :D

Back