Naming Contest For My Game

shitlagslm2.png

OMG lag! :lol:

What an awesome game! I played for like one hour, i had much fun with it! thanks! No gfx bugs or lag for me, but my PC is pretty good, too.
Here's some things that I thought would be cool to have built-in or would make for a better game experience:
- Double-clicking (or double-tap) a planet selects all planets you own
- What about a few moving planets? Would be fun to watch AND another strategic opportunity, i.e. if it gets close on its route to a hostile planet, chances are that you'll surprise your enemy with a large-scale attack over low distance. Of course they shouldn't move too fast as it should still be easy to select a planet.
- Sound & Music of course, but i guess that'll be added later. Same for Wifi (hopefully)
- More fair maps (out of all the ones included i think only number 8 was really fair and so, also my favorite)
- Possibility of setting custom game speed
- Alliances (ie 2v2)
- Maybe bonus stuff (which could be set off) like "treasures" on some planets that people can find and thus get a ship boost or a temporary build speed boost, or extra powers like slowing enemies ships speed, or isolating a foe's planet (meaning unable to use the ships on that planet for a little while, for example), stuff like that. Would be fun to have, but of course there should always be a "Classic" mode

Kudos so far, great game as said. Thanks !

my five cents:
-AI always knows whats your weakest planet and attacks it with no mercy, thats unfair especially when its 1vs1.
-it needs a easyer way to select multiple planets.

btw. you should steal some features from this game http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/470088
it has different planet types that can be selected what is a very cool and strategic feature

MarkoeZ said:
otaco said:
MarkoeZ said:
The graphics are a bit buggy, but plays very well allready! Looking forward to playing this on the Panda!!
And Pandemonium MUST have been suggested allready ;)

Maybe your gfx-card doesn't support openGL 2.0!

It's one month old, could that really be the case? :huh:

Edit: ATI Radeon HD 3450

Can someone of the ATI Radeon HD owners please send a screenshot of the graphics bugs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah - someone already came up with the whole "Galaxy Infection / solar Infection" idea before I did? Well, in that case how about...

Epidemia / Epidemic
The One
Genocide
Final Peace
Contagion
NewMania
Cultivation
Fuedal Galaxy
Spore Wars
Transplanetation
Solar Germination
Pan-Galactic Exploration
We Come In Peace
We Come in Peace To Save Mankind
We Can Civilise You Wholesale
Intra-Galactic Wars
Urth
Earth First
Stellisimals
New Earth
Conquest
Solar / Stellar Conquest
Solaroids
Quaoar Must Rule
One To Rule
Univeral Evolution
Interstellar Diplomacy
The Mondas Technique
Boundaries
The Milky Way Game
Milky Way Conquest
Milky Way Command
Conquer The Milky Way
First Sirius...
Accretion
Surround And Conquer
Attrition

Ta B)

adamorjames said:
Can someone repackage it? (End-of-central-directory signature not found.)

I'm getting the same error using the File Roller archive manager on Linux. Anyone who successfully extracted the files care to upload a re-zipped version?

On ATI: This is just after a major planet takeover, no visible explosion like i saw in the youtube vid. Also the swarm ships tend to disappear/get vague a lot

namelessspacegamehs6.png

centus beat me to 'Space Risk' as it is the board game 'Risk' but set in space.

Had the same type of game when I was young set in space - it was called 4000AD - although that had the player using hypersapce jumps so you couldn't tell where he was going to attack until he 'jumped out of hyperspace'...

Here's links to them, in case it gives you more ideas for your game:
4000 AD
Risk

The Graphical issues with my HD 2600 are the same you can see on MarkoeZ screenshot.
Nevertheless I played it over 2 hours yesterday and either I suck :D or the game simply to difficult now.
I only win on 1on1 matches. Put one more enemy in and I certainly loose the match.
Going to work on my strategy now......there has to be a way......

PS: global swarming = :) kewl idea

I've uploaded my self-compiled versions. These are NOT alpha 0.2, these are compiled from yesterdays gloost CVS, so I call them alpha 0.1 because the gameplay differs a bit (but it's playable) :

Compiled on Ubuntu 8.10 for X86_64 / AMD64:
http://www.files.to/get/519142/s68bjao2m7

Compiled on Ubuntu 8.04 for x86 / i686:
http://www.files.to/get/519143/mtdbj4amr5

just extract them with full directory structure and start the "intergalactic" binary.

(Its the first sharehoster I found where you do not have to create an account... maybe there's a better one somewhere else. You either don't trust me or the hoster? Check out the gloost cvs tree at berlios and compile it by your own :p )

@otaco: The PC where I use the x86-binary has GeForce graphics and everything is fine. The AMD64-PC uses a Radeon and the picture is somehow buggy. But the graphic issue is somehow different from the other radeon users: it's only black around the planets, a circle like the white one for highlighting a planet. If you un-highlight a planet the white circle turnst into black. removing the help text turns the white text into black until some explosion/etc. recolors the pixels. Any interest in screenshots or screenvideos?

shodan said:
The Graphical issues with my HD 2600 are the same you can see on MarkoeZ screenshot.
Nevertheless I played it over 2 hours yesterday and either I suck :D or the game simply to difficult now.
I only win on 1on1 matches. Put one more enemy in and I certainly loose the match.
Going to work on my strategy now......there has to be a way......

PS: global swarming = :) kewl idea
In 1 vs 1:
try to grow like hell

In 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs ....
Try to wait until the enemies fight each other. Be patient, grow slowly. just keep the balance between your enemies so they spend all their resources fighting each other...

hede said:
I've uploaded my self-compiled versions. These are NOT alpha 0.2, these are compiled from yesterdays gloost CVS, so I call them alpha 0.1 because the gameplay differs a bit (but it's playable) :

Compiled on Ubuntu 8.10 for X86_64 / AMD64:
http://www.files.to/get/519142/s68bjao2m7

Compiled on Ubuntu 8.04 for x86 / i686:
http://www.files.to/get/519143/mtdbj4amr5

just extract them with full directory structure and start the "intergalactic" binary.

(Its the first sharehoster I found where you do not have to create an account... maybe there's a better one somewhere else. You either don't trust me or the hoster? Check out the gloost cvs tree at berlios and compile it by your own :p )

@otaco: The PC where I use the x86-binary has GeForce graphics and everything is fine. The AMD64-PC uses a Radeon and the picture is somehow buggy. But the graphic issue is somehow different from the other radeon users: it's only black around the planets, a circle like the white one for highlighting a planet. If you un-highlight a planet the white circle turnst into black. removing the help text turns the white text into black until some explosion/etc. recolors the pixels. Any interest in screenshots or screenvideos?

Thanks for your efforts, BUT the version that comes with gloost is just a prof of concept and far away from the development state of the alpha 0.02. Thanks for trying out gloost though. I will make a linux version of the alpha 0.02 next week... . I have to write some makefiles first :rolleyes:

If somebody has experience with openGL and ATI Radeon HD cards... maybe some suggestions? I use different blend functions:

for backround, planets:
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

for particles when enemy ships hit a planet, the huge explosions, planet glow, ships
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_DST_ALPHA);

maybe here is a problem???

I will have a Radeon HD next week to try some stuff. Maybe i will use GLSL for the blending to gain more control over all the blending soon.

Back