Naming Contest For My Game

adamorjames said:
Can someone repackage it? (End-of-central-directory signature not found.)
FWIW, "file" claims that the .zip is a .rar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this. :D

My only quip is the AI is so predictable, that after a while it's impossible to lose.

I agree that there should be a way to select multiple planets.

I also think the AI should be more random. Okay - it keeps attacking when I take over a neutral planet, but it doesn't if I attack the same planet it attacks, before it takes it - and it doesn't if I attack its main planet when it attacks, so I'll just attack their main worlds. Easy enough. :lol:

And once I have three of those, you just sit there and wait for the other sides to get really strong, then they suicide themselves into each other over and over. Once you pass 50% fleet, take over their worlds - or wait for their fleets to get moving across the map, and then attack a bunch. ;)

You should really add a small random chance that they'll attack the strongest worlds, rather than the weakest.

I've tried it on the following videocards, and it seems to work fine on them:

7800GS, 7900GS, 8300 IGP, 8800GS.

I also have a 6600 I could test.

otaco said:
Thanks for your efforts, BUT the version that comes with gloost is just a prof of concept and far away from the development state of the alpha 0.02. Thanks for trying out gloost though. I will make a linux version of the alpha 0.02 next week... . I have to write some makefiles first :rolleyes:
argh, you called it alpha 0.02? Then my compilation should have called 0.01 not 0.1 ;-)
(just a joke, I better had not used _any_ number)

I know it's different. I've seen the Windows version at a friends PC. With your new alpha some issues are resolved, e.g. if you capture a planet while other attackers flying to it they are not counted in the red number, second you cannot see how many ships you sent to your own planet and I'm pretty sure even the AI is different. But my private amd64 Machine is 64 bit only so I cannot (dont want to) use wine. Maybe there are others not willing to use wine and for a first impression the gloost version is good enough.

But why aren't you using the gloost cvs for developing? Are you planning to release it closed source?
Even no one answered my "compilation issue bug report" (it's not a bug report, it's a "for me it works with these changes"-patch)

Radeon Cards are erroneous and Nvidia works fine. With Linux like with Windows. Has anybody tried other cards? Has anyone tested Intel GMA? I could test Intel GMA tomorrow, if no one else has so far.

otaco said:
If somebody has experience with openGL and ATI Radeon HD cards... maybe some suggestions?
Am I allowed to answer even if I do not have any experience with OpenGL? :rolleyes:

otaco said:
I use different blend functions:

for backround, planets:
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

for particles when enemy ships hit a planet, the huge explosions, planet glow, ships
glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_DST_ALPHA);

maybe here is a problem???
This seems to be the problem with Ati cards.
After "%s/glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_DST_ALPHA);/glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MI
NUS_SRC_ALPHA);/" in /tutorials/examples/intergalactic/world.cpp for me the graphics issue is fixed.
With "%s/glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);/glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA,
GL_DST_ALPHA);/" everything is broken. (Using fglrx 8.543 / Catalyst 8.11)
("s" is a replace function in vi: "%s/A/X/" replaces every A with an X (one times every line here))

henrikz said:
How abut:

* Planearium
Eh eh, seen Southpark? I lol'd.

How about

-=COSMOSIS=-

Like in cosmos and osmosis. Doesn't make too much sense, but some
at least

/edit
Just found that there's an electronic music project called Cosmosis
Dunno if that's a problem though.

hmm seems that 'global swarming' already exists http://www2.hawaii.edu/~fontaine/GlobalSwarmingWebPage.html

however this looks like the game a little

global%20swarming%20gif.gif

Back