SGX driver installer (beta)

I tried to launch the GLES games I have on the SD. So far:

Super Geometry Dust:

Unable to initialize EGL.

Skunks:

Unable to initialize EGL.
I just tried these two on my 1GHz unit on the 4.03.00.02 driver.

Super Geometry Dust works fine for me.

Skunks comes up with a black screen and mouse cursor, though you can hear the game running in the background.

I just give a quick try on the 1GHz version with the 4.03.00.02 driver. I had the same problem as ZXDunny about angstrom-feed-configs, but installing this package that Notaz posted (angstrom-feed-configs_1.0-r100.5_omap3-pandora.ipk) worked OK.

I tried to launch the GLES games I have on the SD. So far:

Briquolo: 

DRI2OpenConnection failed.

EGL failed.
Hmm, are you sure you selected 4.03.00.02 there? It should only need DRI2 stuff starting from 4.04.00.01 ..
 I have probably messed up something when choosing the driver. Re tested and everything worked fine. Sorry for posting wrong results. 

ok, finally got it all working. I'm on an original 2011 CC Pandora - which driver version should I be testing?

D.

I'm getting a "no space left on device" error when trying to upgrase the kernel. How do I fix it?

ok, finally got it all working. I'm on an original 2011 CC Pandora - which driver version should I be testing?
4.03.00.02 seems to be the most promising, but I remember from testing it over a year ago that it was unstable on CC pandora, but that was on 2.6 kernel I think.
I'm getting a "no space left on device" error when trying to upgrase the kernel. How do I fix it?
It means you used something that writes to NAND and it became full, try deleting some files with Thunar or something.

The error is showing up when configuring the kernel. Also, I noticed that /boot has no free space. Is that normal?

EDIT: It turns out that it wasn't normal. I deleted an excess kernel and now it installed without any errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kernel and 4.03.00.02 combo is working well enough for me on the rebirth.... no random crashes/expected behavior yet  :)

Using my one gig model and the recommended driver from here, I'm setting that the graphics glitches from Doom Runner are definitely gone, and using an older version of Mupenplus, some games still play perfectly eg Mario 64, but if I try it on a newer version of the same emulator I get either a very garbled screen or just black. Any other software I've tried seem to run without issue

I have installed the kernel update on a CC. No problems.

About drivers, I tried every driver newer that default, only on SuperTuxKart. The 4.04 series was pretty good, but there is a 1sec (approx) pause every 30 or 50 sec very anoying.

The 4.03 series doesn't works very well.

I'm on default now. I may try the older series, to checks performances.

Installed the new kernel and the driver package and everything works (expect X/EGL, but that was mentioned)

What im wondering is with this new kernel is absolute mode for the nubs supposed to work? I use this in some apps and now it doesnt work, SDL says 0 joys are there.

What im wondering is with this new kernel is absolute mode for the nubs supposed to work? I use this in some apps and now it doesnt work, SDL says 0 joys are there.
Works fine for me, are you switching modes correctly?

http://pandorawiki.org/Kernel_interface#Nubs
Yes im using absolute, and it works fine for the mouse settings. For instance Vektar i used the absolute mode and i know that worked at one time and now it doesnt. Does Vektar work for you?

Have you actually read what the wiki says, the warning text? You have to wait for nubs to enumerate, and firmware provides a helper script to help you with that, which you don't use in Vektar, hence it's broken.

You can easily fix it in the run script, like:

Code:
nub0mode=`cat /proc/pandora/nub0/mode`

nub1mode=`cat /proc/pandora/nub1/mode`
/usr/pandora/scripts/op_nubchange.sh absolute absolute

./vektar

/usr/pandora/scripts/op_nubchange.sh $nub0mode $nub1mode

Have you actually read what the wiki says, the warning text? You have to wait for nubs to enumerate, and firmware provides a helper script to help you with that, which you don't use in Vektar, hence it's broken.
Notaz, your right I didnt read it close enough. I didnt realize there could be a delay, thought I could just write the state and use them. At least it happened to work in the past, but the timing must have just been right.

I will rework these and get my stuff right. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me ;-)

Hi,

I have an issue installing the new kernel. As explained in the first post, I first did a system update to 1.53, then tried to install the kernel on my CC Pandora.

After a while, I got the following error:

copy_file_chunk: write : No space left on device

My kernel was then broken, so I reflashed a fresh 1.53 firmware, and tried again the whole process. But again, when I tried to install the kernel, I got the "no space left" error. It is supposed to work with a CC model, right?

Thank you!

Notaz - just wanted to say that the joystick demo in LOAD81 for Pandora contains a pretty decent nub-callibrator functionality, which you can call from a script directly by "load81 joystick.lua" .. this might help you add a nub-calibration step (user-assisted) in case you want to see if it works better after a direct-user calibration ..

Back