Beta experimental hardfp (armhf) support for Super Zaxxon

Exophase

Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.
Hmm... Not sure I am imagining, but GBA Emu Alpha seems to run faster. Prior to this new armhf support, it was a slideshow when I enabled h2q. But now it seems to run OK...
You recompiled the emulator?

Hồng Thất Công

Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp
Well, the weird thing is before installing armhf support, the latest version of GBA.emu - Emu Ex Plus Alpha crashed every time I enabled hq2x, but ran fine after I installed armhf support. Perhaps the latest version of the emulator has some armhf support in there?

PokeParadox

Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
www.projectinfinity.org.uk
Well, the weird thing is before installing armhf support, the latest version of GBA.emu - Emu Ex Plus Alpha crashed every time I enabled hq2x, but ran fine after I installed armhf support. Perhaps the latest version of the emulator has some armhf support in there?
You probably changed the SGX driver too.

___

Advanced Member
hey guys, I need some advice. I thought I would try out the new feature to see if I could get the rpi build of pico-8 running. I think the pandora should be well capable of running it and it only depends on libSDL2-2.0... but thats's about as far as I can get. I tried to copy a binary of libSDL2-2.0.so.1 and make an according link libSDL2-2.0.so.0 which points to it, even changed the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and exported that. Still the program fails to load, claiming libSDL2-2.0.so.0 cannot be found. What am I doing wrong? I will try again tonight and see if I've missed something, providing the path to the libraries I copied. But I even made physical copies to /usr/lib and /lib just to see if the program can find the files in the default paths and it still threw me the error.

I'll upload my starting script when I get the chance.

EDIT: forgot to mention, that I am trying to run the dynamically linked binary which people have gotten to run on other hardware, not the statically linked one as that won't run on other hardware then a real pi, as far as I can gather.

EDIT: Just thought that I might've discovered my mistake. The library I am trying to use is of course compiled for armel. Am I correct to assume that the binary will not understand how to load such a library? Maybe someone can provide an SDL2 binary precompiled for armhf, isn't Slackware armhf?

Last edited:

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi all :)
EDIT: Just thought that I might've discovered my mistake. The library I am trying to use is of course compiled for armel. Am I correct to assume that the binary will not understand how to load such a library? Maybe someone can provide an SDL2 binary precompiled for armhf, isn't Slackware armhf?
@xnopasaranx : would libsdl2 from Debian Stable ARMHF work for you ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

___

Advanced Member
lol I guess I should've known what he was referring to out of context. I know, that he is the maintainer ^^

yeah I could just compile sdl2 myself. I have downloaded dchrt already but am hesitant to invest so much time, only to find out that it isn't working after all. so I figured I'd ask if someone has a binary that I could use to at least test if it starts.
[doublepost=1466511086,1466510900][/doublepost]I am thinking, if I can get this to run decently, maybe I could release sort of a compatibility package for pico-8 owners.

___

Advanced Member
that's actually a great idea! at least for compiling sdl2. i could just prepare an sd card. thanks wally, didn't think of it it! I will try this when I get the chance.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
For thoses that want to experiment more with this, here is libGL and SDL2 (Pandora version) compiled on hardfloat.

I have compiled the libs on an ODroid, but I assume they will work. Both libs are compiled with the Pandora hack in...

My Pandora is busy right now, so I cannot test my self.

the SDL2 libs have both OpenGL and GLES2 enabled. It will use libGL by default. To activate GLES2 backend, you need to supply thoses 2 env. variables:
Code:
SDL_VIDEO_GLES2=1 SDL_VIDEO_GL_DRIVER=libGLESv2.so
Have fun, and please report success/failures...

Attachments

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
If someone releases a PND that makes use of hard-floats, then you'll need it. But until then, no.