Second Review Case Will Be Shipped Dec 23Rd

Paradox said:
i'm really hoping I get my pandora by febuary or it'll be a really disappointing new year :(

I don't see how you're going to get your Pandora by February. Last I heard you were planning to cancel if it didn't arrive by Dec 31st...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate dealing with Chinese people on ebay. They always cause massive delays and giving you false estimate dates. It eventually comes months late or they tryed to scam you.

and coming down the home straight to the notorious final hurdle....

fingers and toes crossed today guys. if i were superstitious i might even pray!

It's almost like writing a song for the band Postal Service.

logistics are tight and bigger companies (like Nintendo) actually have the trusted staff on site for the pre-manufacturing process. A better example would be Apple, but at the same time, they just take trips to the plant site to check processes, as it's more of a contractual relationship (like we have in our case).

As anxiety kicks in yet again, and thinking about it all the while- there really isn't anyone to blame if something goes wrong to be honest. Even if the folks in China have great experience in what they are doing, every case is different and how do you know they did do this exact same thing on all of the prior cases they handled. While I'm sure they've done 100% remote work several times before, I'm pretty sure they didn't have 6k eye on them, in which the majority is oblivious to there "process".

lets hope they hit a home run this time around. :)

Shaun. said:
I hate dealing with Chinese people on ebay. They always cause massive delays and giving you false estimate dates. It eventually comes months late or they tryed to scam you.

I've had more products not arrive from local (UK) sellers than from Chinese resellers. I've never had any 'delays' as such; they usually say the product will arrive within 5-20 working days, which is essentially a month, and they usually do arrive inside that time. I've had products from UK manufacturers simply never arrive and had no response when I asked for confirmation of shipping.

I'm sure dealing directly with Chinese manufacturers is an altogether different issue, however!

Pleng said:
Shaun. said:

I've had more products not arrive from local (UK) sellers than from Chinese resellers. I've never had any 'delays' as such; they usually say the product will arrive within 5-20 working days, which is essentially a month, and they usually do arrive inside that time. I've had products from UK manufacturers simply never arrive and had no response when I asked for confirmation of shipping.
I totally agree. I've been more disappointed with local traders than those from over-seas.

So Craig, new case photo's soon? Are these new "Final" case pics direct from the factory? Is Michael actually getting the new case early? Are will these be new pics of the old case, taken in a more professional manner? Also, the 23rd is just about over in China, has anyone got confirmation or tracking for the new test case shipment?

Jumpman

I think that if the final test would be done on 28th the ones shipped before are for the developers or for a criminal assosiation which will use the pandoras to conquer the world :pandora2ut4: :pandora2ut4: :pandora2ut4: :pandora2ut4: :p :p

So... the day is almost over (even already over on some parts of the world)...

Where are the reviewed cases photos? Can I have them so I may sleep and have a good dream about my Pandora in Two Months?

Well, there's nothing to really talk about from the devs, since today is when they get shipped, not when they arrive at MWeston's place. That could be tomorrow if the last shipping speed for the case samples is anything to go by. But I think after Boxing day we'll hear anything, since it's ya know ... Christmas :p

Before someone asks: ED said a while ago he can and will use the case he currently has for CE testing. ;)

Pleng said:
Paradox said:
i'm really hoping I get my pandora by febuary or it'll be a really disappointing new year :(

I don't see how you're going to get your Pandora by February. Last I heard you were planning to cancel if it didn't arrive by Dec 31st...

is there some kind of newsletter that goes out with incorrect quotes of me in it or something?

I said if the pandora doesn't ship by xmas i'd cancel, not my one specifically, and it has shipped a few units. so there.

Paradox said:
Pleng said:
Paradox said:

is there some kind of newsletter that goes out with incorrect quotes of me in it or something?

I said if the pandora doesn't ship by xmas i'd cancel, not my one specifically, and it has shipped a few units. so there.

Hahaha you're such a hypocrite... Keep it up, it's incredibly amusing. :)

Paradox said:

lol that's the loosest definition of shipping I think I've ever come across. I doubt even Craig would be quoted as saying that some Pandora's have shipped!

Back