New Pics Up On Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
craigix said:
Gerix said:
He who fights with trolls should look to it that he himself does not become a troll.

You're probably right, but sometimes when people make very personal attacks it's hard to just say nothing, because that tends to lead to the claims becoming fact. 'Craig didn't defend it, so it must be true'.

That car one just had to be shown to be the bullshit it was.
I, for one, agree with craigix in this case, but I also know how Monk tends to behave and find that the way he's been behaving isn't anything out of the ordinary, so I seriously doubt that he'd have made any fuss if he had been left alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kidding, of course. By the way, how was your date?

(naw)mcx said:
(naw)mcx said:
I think I just took some really nice photos. Going to get them in photoshop, and see what I can do with them :)

bennachie_skies_by_GodlikeMcx.jpg

Oh, that is nice. I think it's funny how vignetting has made the turn from 'shunned' to 'desired'.

By the way, it's fun to think of Craig as Schroedinger's Car Sales Man.

Attachments

• bennachie_skies_by_GodlikeMcx.jpg
    bennachie_skies_by_GodlikeMcx.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 121
craigix said:
Gerix said:
He who fights with trolls should look to it that he himself does not become a troll.

You're probably right, but sometimes when people make very personal attacks it's hard to just say nothing, because that tends to lead to the claims becoming fact. 'Craig didn't defend it, so it must be true'.

That car one just had to be shown to be the bullshit it was.

What bullshit? AFAICS you've responded mostly to quotes of yourself.

There is one exception - I made a jokey comment about your complaint ages ago that you had some difficulty parking your BMW. The least serious part of my post. I can't recall the exact quote (was it something about selling a better car?) but I jokingly suggested your other cars getting in the way might have been the problem with parking the BMW. You've corrected me there, and I'm happy to admit that I was in error - apparently you have plenty of room on your grounds and the cars don't get in the way of your parking AT ALL. I'm pleased for you. We can't all afford such spacious accomodation for our vehicles. But what's all this bullshit about my trolling you, or needing to apologise for quoting you? If I get something wrong I'll apologise. Even if I was only joking as with the parking thing - I'll apologise if you feel it really warrants it, where I'm wrong. But what EXACTLY do you expect an apology FOR? For repeating your own comments that you own at least 3 cars? Who told you THAT was a "very personal attack" ;P

Here's what you've quoted me as saying, that you found so personal:
Monk said:
Things to remember next time OpenPandora complain about how they've got their financial lives on the line, or when Craig next complains about how difficult it is to park his BMW 7 series:

Monk said:
Maybe the problem with parking the BMW is all the other cars in the way?

I am... at a loss for words.

dflemstr said:
I, for one, agree with craigix in this case, but I also know how Monk tends to behave and find that the way he's been behaving isn't anything out of the ordinary, so I seriously doubt that he'd have made any fuss if he had been left alone.

I tend to agree with much of that - I'm a fairly stream-of-conciousness kind of guy and I'll make a one-off comment without any intent of following up on it, if something occurs to me as it did when Craig started boasting about the cars he owns. But I am truly bewildered that Craig finds that post to be a "very personal attack". Truly. I need to go and read it again, because I can't recall that I did much more than quote the man himself, but I am positive that anything I've written in it pales into insignificance next to stuff he's said to forum members. Very pot/kettle/black.

I've bene playing around trying to get some classic old games working - Tomb Raider II and III seem to be giving me far more grief than TR1 or the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games :(

Exophase said:
Hey, leave his {blargh} out of this :(

I've excised it. It didn't relaly fit in with my style of posting, but I was hoping it might remind him how he treats other people. You're right though - I should stick to being myself. It's who I know best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back