Ruck-man

ruckage

Certified Guru
:blink: I can't keep it secret any longer, I just have to announce my entry for GBAX 2007. Hopefully some screenshots will be enough to whet your appetite before you are finally able to download and play the entries.

screenshotlargeup7.png

As you've probably guessed it's a Pac-Man clone but with extra bells and whistles to hopefully set it appart from the rest. Visually I took some inspiration from 'Pac-Man Arrangement' though all of the graphics are my own and it's quite different gameplay wise. (well as different as you can make a Pac-Man clone anyway)

A big thankyou to pferguso for making the music and testing the game for me.

Features include:

All new graphics created by myself
All new music composed by Pat Ferguson
New power-ups
4 gameplay modes - standard, fruit frenzy, panic and classic
20 mazes
10 graphic themes

Thanks for the replies.

Shadowsithe said:
See, whenever my friend goes on about the PSP Homebrew scene, I show him something like this. Impressive stuff, Ruckage. Is it in fenix like Protozoa?
Yes, this is also programmed in Fenix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh the graphics are really nice and smooth, hope it's as playable as it looks. Looking forward to try this!

Miika said:
Oooh the graphics are really nice and smooth, hope it's as playable as it looks. Looking forward to try this!
Oh it is, i've beta tested it. It is very very good. First pacman game i've ever got into. Love the music too!

Looks great and 20 mazes, wow!

I know someone who would really want to play this on his desktop (Linux or Windows)
Is this playable on a desktop without porting (of course with Fenix installed)?

Wow ruckage, That look really professional, Like a classic 16bit era type game, Graphic wise.

I`d love to know how it plays. :)

Right, I have a question, Seeing as this was coded in fenix, And I`m really being a knob (Or is it noob, Mmmmmm) with this question, But Anyway. Are programs/Games etcetera that are coded in fenix cross platform, ie. Could say, Something coded in fenix for the GP2x Run on the GP32 and vice versa for instance, Or are they totally incompatible (the two implementations of fenix i mean), As I know the GP2x and GP32 are incompatible on certain hardware fronts and at the firmware level.

The reason i ask (As a noob/knob) is i don`t currently own a GP2x (Thanks to Bob :angry: ), And was just wondering, If by the slimest chance, That this (or any other for that matter) fenix game would run on the GP32.

Tell me if i am a blithering idiot, I`ll understand.

Btw: I don`t code. :huh:

Trooper

b._.o._.b said:
Looks great and 20 mazes, wow!

I know someone who would really want to play this on his desktop (Linux or Windows)
Is this playable on a desktop without porting (of course with Fenix installed)?
Yes.

Trooper:

Fenix is an interpretic language so all that need change is resolution and screen size etc. However, the GP32 port of fenix is terribly buggy and slow and not all features work. For instance, when I briefly tried to get my GP2x fenix game to work on GP32 to compare speeds it failed miserably. It couldn't load up.

Back