Ruck-man Update

Much better than before! I say the rest is due to the 2x having a crap joystick to start with. The ABXY buttons are better, but I find them awkward to use.

I bought a gp2x just recently and I'm new to this forum, but already surprised by the level of the homebrew games like this one! Thanks! =)

This is a brilliant, brilliant game! I usually don't care much for remakes of "classic" games at all, but this was excellent. Close enough to the original to capture the same feel, yet different enough to feel like its own game. Bloody well done!!!

ruckage said:
I would be interested to hear if anyone else has the problem of directions 'not registering' as I haven't encountered it and it was never mentioned by my beta testers.
Hiya there. First of all-- Awesome 'remake', if you could call it that :)

I do have the same problem when not using the 'memorise' mode for controls. It's difficult to reproduce it, but I think it's simply the combination of 'your game, the GP2Xs awful thumbstick and certain playing styles' that is at fault there. The way I play Pacman, it feels forced to have to use the normal control method you've supplied. Like I have to think about every action rather than concentrate on playing the game. Others fare differently though, and that's understandable.

Almost like the old debate of 'up' to jump vs button to jump. Depends on the player, the control method and the day of the week ;)

Most Pacman remakes I've found tend to use the 'memorise' mode.

(p.s. I realise 'remake' doesn't do it justice but I can't think of a better word :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back