Release Rescue - homebrew game - [with C4A]

I finally managed to rescue 9/10 of the girls in my game. Yay!  [edit: since achieved 11/11]

I could have rescued them all, but I led one off a cliff in a hurry to practise my rope skillz. So, IT IS POSSIBLE to win this game (and the mystery prize of great value!) It's easier now that he recovers quickly. I will code a finale fanfare, perhaps erotic. I will make the girls a bit more "jumpy" too, that should mean less annoyance waiting for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.2.4 - extended map for ropes training, add one more girl. Erotic nudity, rated R 18+

If you don't like Playboy-level erotica in your games, you can disable it after running the update, with this command in a terminal:

Code:
> /media/*/pandora/appdata/rescue-*/xxx

Hm, the snowman in Snowman is naked, too. O_O

I should think about a version for children, too...

Can we rename this to Jimmy Savile's Rescue?  :blink:
All models were allegedly over the age of 18 at the time they were kidnapped by cave monsters.

As for the kids, they ate them on the spot.  Monsters will do that.

Anyhow, I'm sorry to disappoint you, it's the law you see.

Hm, the snowman in Snowman is naked, too. O_O
HEheh good one Ziz.  But I'm not joking about the R rating for this update.  I still need to add the ~subliminal horror images.

I should do a "first run" warning menu and all.  Good old zenity to the rescue.

Many small updates = stay near the top of the Repo = WIN!   :)

I installed it with Application manager and do not see it in the menu. Where is it supposed to appear? Games->Action? or Arcade?

I installed it with Application manager and do not see it in the menu. Where is it supposed to appear? Games->Action? or Arcade
it should be in Games->Action, name "Rescue" ( capital letter section :/ )

Hmm. Installed with pndmanager and running superzaxxon beta. Still hasn't appeared after a reboot.

Try putting it on the desktop (in pandora/apps)?  Maybe an incomplete download?

release 1.2.5 - the monsters make psychic attacks against you.  Dialog to disable the horror / nudity on first run.

Did anyone try the new version?

Please try it!

How do you like the psychic attacks?

in case you were freaked, none of the images are 'real' except for the skulls and skeletons! there's a happy skeleton inside us all, itching to get out

(I'm going to keep "bumping" this thread until someone tries it and let's me know if it freaked them out or not! c'mon!)

Oh the flickering skull imagem was freaky. How do I kill the purple tentacled thing? And what is the yellow rope for?

Oh the flickering skull imagem was freaky. How do I kill the purple tentacled thing? And what is the yellow rope for?
Ah, good thanks for trying it.  Freaky is good :)   the monsters have 90 different freaky images to choose from, some of them are worse than skulls!

You can kill the monsters by jumping on their heads Mario-style. It normally takes a few kicks to finish them off. The rope is for swinging and such, you don't need it until later. If you want to practise with the repo, go left at the start and climb over the trees.  If you can get all the jewels down there and climb out again you are a rope master!

I added some more hints and the keys to the first post here.

I added scoring / highscore support, will upload a PND later when I've done online highscores. I'd like to get this in C4A, but I think it's not suitable at the moment. So might keep Rescue scores separately for now.

I'll be happy if anyone plays my game at all - naked or otherwise I don't mind.  So play it already!

If you play it naked for 12 hours straight I will send you a Rescue T-shirt.  Wait, that doesn't make sense.

Encourage your incompetent Pandora homebrew game designers by playing their bogus games, today!

1.2.6 - scoring, compo4all online high scores, less nudity.

The game will upload your best score to compo4all (register first).

Scoring:

gem.png
    gem/gold          1

wumpus.png
    kill monster     10

girl.png
    find girl        10

girl2.png
    rescue girl     100

Please try it - I want to see if anyone else can play this..!

( The scoring is only for level 1, the main level. The other small levels are just for testing / practice / playing about. )

Back