Release [REPO] Minetest client - 0.4.6.2 - Update

Repository

Minecraft-style crafting, exploration, and building game.
Get it from here!

Being a Minecraft fan I really wanted to sit back and enjoy this on the Pandora but I just was not able to.

Sorry for this. I feel it needs a bit more work or perhaps there is something wrong on my behalf  that is if if others are playing this properly.

Being a Minecraft fan I really wanted to sit back and enjoy this on the Pandora but I just was not able to.

Sorry for this. I feel it needs a bit more work or perhaps there is something wrong on my behalf  that is if if others are playing this properly.
Why weren't you able to enjoy it? Is it because you were comparing it to Minecraft (which is a game), and MineTest isn't actually a game yet? Or was it controls? or performance?

Edit: I suppose some people will call MineTest a game, but personally, I don't call it a game yet - it's just an open world play area where you can't even die.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why weren't you able to enjoy it? Is it because you were comparing it to Minecraft (which is a game), and MineTest isn't actually a game yet? Or was it controls? or performance?

Edit: I suppose some people will call MineTest a game, but personally, I don't call it a game yet - it's just an open world play area where you can't even die.
Perhaps I was yes..which I realize is not fair to the developer. I apologize.

Controls and performance yes. Those were paramount.

Sorry. :(

Last edited:
Don't need to apologise (especially as it's not actually my build), but it's always helpful for the developer if you explain any issues you may have.

I remember, I've tested it. Not really playable. Not only because of Performance, but mainly because of controlls, I would call it "usability". It may look like Minecraft but without optimized controlls, I doubt it will ever play well on the Pandora. Maybe take a look over at Minecraft Pocket Edition, has a XPeria Play port and maybe it can be aninspiration for Pandora.

There is also the official Raspberry PI Minecraft version (have not tested yet), it's free and could be a nice port for Pandora. :)

Back