Release Preliminary Minetest pnd

Hey, eyeCreate.

I'm also working on getting minetest on the N900, and I'm having trouble getting Irrlicht to compile with opengles. I checked out its ogl-es branch, modified the makefile to point at the includes and libraries for opengles1, but even after an error-free compilation of both Irrlicht and minetest, it still gives me "No OpenGL-ES1 support compiled in." and terminates.

So I guess what I'm really asking is: what did you do to Irrlicht to make it work?

You might have more luck with the source I posted, it's also stripped from double calculations.

Here

I still get the same error after getting it to compile for opengles1: "Could not create surface for OpenGL-ES1 display." Any ideas?

That's not the same error anymore, it might be that EGL window for n900 is set up differently, check out the EGL code in CIrrGLESDriver.cpp (or whatever) and compare it against some n900 EGL / GLES 1.1 game/application. More likely the error happens in surface creation as it says.. Does n900 uses standard X11 and windows? Maybe you need to run it another way, I know the Ogre n900 guy had to do some X11 compatibility stuff to get it run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if you guys are still interested, but:

The disk storage format has recently been updated to be a single sqlite database file. The Pandora probably can handle it much better than the old format.

Also, there has been many random fixes here and there and some additions and stuff.

Blog post about latest release: http://celeron.55.lt/blog/?p=387

Dunno if you guys are still interested, but:

The disk storage format has recently been updated to be a single sqlite database file. The Pandora probably can handle it much better than the old format.

Also, there has been many random fixes here and there and some additions and stuff.

Blog post about latest release: http://celeron.55.lt/blog/?p=387

Doesn't run here in Win7 - complains about a missing gcc dll. (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll)

D.

Ugh, just back around to compiling things..still seeing no textures using OGLES1(decided to stop v2 for now since Cloudef said it would be slower.). It also seems key config must have changed as I can't move either. I did update to the latest minetest from celeron55, though, which is nice to have updated. Not sure what changes I'm doing in Irrlicht that's preventing textures from loading, but I have noticed the compiled lib is smaller than previous versions weighing in at 5.2mb. I'll fiddle with it a bit tomorrow, but any suggestions?

EDIT:Fixed keys, now need to figure out the lack of textures. Also, since I may not have been clear, this is all with Cloudef's sources for improved Irrlicht and newest minetest

The lack of textures might be because of wrong internal texture format or the formats are not same. I would take a look more if I had pandora, but yeah.

Tinker around with the texture formats in the GLESTEXUTRE.c files.

If this is indeed the issue, tell me which texture format(s) it was/were and I'll update the sources.

There is also some SGX weirdness with some formats so be aware, I had to fix some of these in OGRE build.

I know very little about OGL internals, but after poking around in the color formats, I got textures back. I forced return of a specific format:

//return destFormat;

return ECF_A1R5G5B5;

Glad to have things back on track now. Will do a few more tests and will finally update the repo minetest to this new and little bit faster version.

EDIT:

So, I guess that color format change didn't fix everything...the main textures are back, but the tools at the bottom are a bunch of random pixels.(except for the wood, funny enough)

Not related to gfx, but also sometimes in fullscreen, the something blocks input and forces you to reset the device. Yay more bugs to fix.

It's most likely that you are forcing specific format (eg. the other textures are higher "precision" than that, eg. ARGB8 then it would make sense they are crumbled), you could just try replacing some formats with that one and see which format is the problem one. But seems like I was right about the texture formats, they are not yet quite fixed it seems.

Just tested this -

Runs in a window by default, should be fullscreen.

Flickers between the game and the desktop like crazy all the time. Still playable, but bloody off-putting.

Other than that, runs well - smoother than minecraft does on my 2.6GHz Core i5 :)

D.

The window by default was currently set because an issue that I had sometime come up when I ran fullscreen that caused me to reset the device due to lack of control response. This can be changed by editing the config file in /media/sdcard/pandora/appdata/minetest/.minetest/minetest.conf. There are two lines with screenx and screey that have a "#" on them. Removing this will make it fullscreen.

The mouse flickering is an issue I still haven't figured out what causes it, but know it annoys me too. :)

The mouse flickering is an issue I still haven't figured out what causes it, but know it annoys me too. :)

No mouse flickering here, none whatsoever so you appear to have fixed that.

Now if you could stop the desktop from showing through every three or four frames, that would be aces. And by "flickering through" I mean that the game window disappears completely for a whole frame, and then comes back again.

Oh, and please add a invert mouse Y axis option - some of use don't use the cross hair like a mouse pointer.

D.

No mouse flickering here, none whatsoever so you appear to have fixed that.

Now if you could stop the desktop from showing through every three or four frames, that would be aces. And by "flickering through" I mean that the game window disappears completely for a whole frame, and then comes back again.

Oh, and please add a invert mouse Y axis option - some of use don't use the cross hair like a mouse pointer.

D.

Do you have composition on? Full screen could help with the desktop issue too, but mostly it sounds like GPU woes.

I believe there is a mouse invert option in the minetest.conf file, but let me know if there isn't so I can fix that.

The mouse flickering/screen flickering I think is technically the same issue, but manifesting in different ways based on config. As Cloudef said, compositing may be a source of the problem. I'm only getting mouse flickering with compositing off.

Any way to switch the nub functions? They're kinda awkward like this.

What do you mean by switch the nubs? Do you mean make the left one look around compared to how I set it up with right nub looks around? This was set up so you could use one hand on the dpad and one on the right nub to look around. This is closer to how minecraft and mintest are supposed to work on the computer. Do you mean maybe inverting the nub direction? There should be a setting in your minetest.conf for that.

No, you're right. They're the best the way they are. Switching them would be much worse. But I can't seem to define custom controls. It abbreviates them to a single letter when I play the game, and the custom controls do not function.

To make Duke Nukem 3D on the Pandora a bit more comfortable, i usualy switch te nubs so i have mouselook on the left one, this schould be usefull on minetest too.. (move whit the dpad, fire whit the schoulderbuttons..)

Whe can also map "place a stone" and "get a stone" in minetest on one of the schoulderbuttons like in the minecraft portable edition on the xperia play..

I have only 5-7fps on the minetest at 1000Mhz, it's normal ?

Most likely when Cloudef gets a pandora and can improve the engine.

Back