Recommend One Game For Everyone Else To Play On Their Pandora

'P0LARiS' said:
The Neverhood PSX (Japanese)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverhood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aDh_O3FQWY

neverhood06.jpg
Just saw this and it looks insane - are you sure there was a psx release? as I can only find info on a pc version and psx only sequel called Skull Monkeys? If this IS available for psx, I want it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the pc version would be too heavy to run in dosbox at 200 cycles, anyone want to try it? I will do, but i am aquireing the latest episode of lost, so I have to wait till i've got that before I can "go out and buy The neverhood".

On an unrelated note, my internet is sssllooooowwwww.

'Bramrash' said:
I guess the pc version would be too heavy to run in dosbox at 200 cycles, anyone want to try it?

I don't think that's feasible considering the game requires Windows 95.

'Esn' said:
Damn, you really got my hopes up for a second there. But I can't understand Japanese, so I won't be able to play it.
Play it on PC first, a second playthrough on Pandora in Japanese shouldn't be too confusing.

'P0LARiS' said:
'Bramrash' said:
I guess the pc version would be too heavy to run in dosbox at 200 cycles, anyone want to try it?

'Esn' said:
Damn, you really got my hopes up for a second there. But I can't understand Japanese, so I won't be able to play it.
Play it on PC first, a second playthrough on Pandora in Japanese shouldn't be too confusing.

Has to be said the sequel - Skull Monkeys - seems highly rated too - uses the same Claymation, is on ps1 but is a platformer. Great soundtrack too but looks like it will be pretty difficult to track down...

bulky.jpg

'P0LARiS' said:
'Bramrash' said:

'Esn' said:

Ah ok, didn't look into it too much.

I've just started playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2 again, shame the source never got released, it was rumoured that it would at one point. Still its a great game, I recommend you all play it anyway.

For those of you RPG fans who may have never heard of it I suggest Legend of Dragoon. It's an excelent game for the PSX that was pretty much over shadowed by Final Fantasy.

I'm going to suggest Starflight for C64, DOS, Amiga, Atari ST, or Sega Genesis
CODE
http://hol.abime.net/2106

It's a space exploration, mining, life cataloging, combat, diplomacy game. A large chunk of space with hundreds of planets to explore. This game is one of the first to use "Star Seeding" to generate a game space that fit on one 5-1/2 inch floppy. Several alien races with unique goals and attitudes provide intrigue and religious enlightenment at the pointy end of a phaser. While you quest to save the known galaxy from doom and destruction at the hands of the enigmatic crystal planet.

One game with many faces. The PC version is the oldest, and most dated, with EGA only graphics and PC squeaker sound, quaint in its primitiveness.

The Amiga version is the one I like most. It was released several years after the PC version. With more colors, beepier sounds, and faithfulness to the original, not to mention better save support and use of the mouse. It is much more enjoyable.

The Sega version was a complete overhaul of the game. Many features were completely changed, while very similar to the original in story. The gameplay is completely different. It has a more arcade-like feel. Snappy graphics, and a synthesized computer voice that chirpily announces when you have entered orbit, or are about to become stranded from lack of fuel.

All three versions are good for their own reasons, but the Amiga version stands out as being both cannon, and technologically superior.

A sequel with even more advanced interactions like trading with aliens, and a massively hugemougous chunk of space to explore is also available for PC and Amiga as well.

Edit: I was not aware of the ST and C64 versions until I did some poking. The C64 is almost identical to the PC version, and the ST version is almost identical to the Amiga Version. So, woo!

I'm just gonna go ahead and recommend two:
Warzone 2100, awesome RTS, PC and PSX:
Warzone_2100.jpg

WZ2100M-S.PNG

Map editor!
Warzone_2100_-_EditWorld_-_1.jpg

And, the best skating game ever, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2! (PC, PSX, N64, Xbox)
TonyHawk'sProSkater2Nintendo64.jpg

BTW, this one also had a map editor (on PC at least).

I can't wait to play Tony Hawks on my Pandora!

Back