Pandora Rebirth Competition Rules

There doesn't seem to have been an official banner announcement. I believe these are the options?

rebirth.jpg

QHl9P.jpg

Wasn't there versions of those banners that said something about the program being entered into the competition instead of just that you should prepare for it?

Also, there didn't seem to be much response to having an ASCII-art version of the banner: http://boards.openpa...post__p__131393 (The code-tag didn't really do it justice though, looked better in a terminal.)

Could we please have some confirmation on what banners are allowed? (Hopefully including one that does not require distributing a binary blob in a project that otherwise has none.)

Last edited by a moderator:
rebirth-banner-entered.png

I did this, and asked quartercast for the original psd/xcf when he pointed out that the text isn't quite aligned - haven't got a response yet though.

Yes, that banner basically became the official one (it's great!), so various versions of it to be embedded into the apps would be great :)

View attachment 2496

I did this, and asked quartercast for the original psd/xcf when he pointed out that the text isn't quite aligned - haven't got a response yet though.

Hi Binky, nice job! But could it be possible to get a 800 * xxx version of this ? I tried to scale it up in gimp but result is fuzzy. My art skills are abysmal :D

Abracahocuspresto!rebirth-banner-entered-800.png

Bigger version - ask quartercast for any other sizes - I don't have the original :(

Deadline: End of March 31st (UTC)
Just to be sure, what does this exactly mean? Is the deadline at midnight to the 31st or do we have the whole 31st till midnight?

This is why midnight deadlines should be presented like "March 31st 2012 23:59" (or 2012-03-31T23:59) :p

Too bad I will be away for the next two weeks (leaving early tomorrow morning) and I won't have any internet-access,

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere but does anyone know when Pandora users are going to be able to get their hands on the Rebirth entries?

Please don't say 2 months :p

Guess I'm not alone in being eager to sample the fruits of the labours of our most talented dev community.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere but does anyone know when Pandora users are going to be able to get their hands on the Rebirth entries?

Please don't say 2 months :p

Guess I'm not alone in being eager to sample the fruits of the labours of our most talented dev community.

As fast as possible :)

I'll try to setup the page with the downloads until Monday.

I'm ok with this little time margin, so i can make all download links working on the release thread and the wiki.

ED, i'll probably send you a text file with all working and tested links on the contest ftp repository.

I have a question.

Do we have to wait you to set up the page with the downloads before releasing our download links ?

The answer is probably yes, so no dl links for now ^^.

A second question, i won't upload anything new until the end of the contest, but am i still allowed to populate the wiki ?

Back