Realistic Mockup: "Pandora 2, by Two Months INC"

Are you happy with the specs?

• Total voters

I want TF2 so bad. Give me x86 and an intel HD2500 or better and I'll be quiet and play TF2 with a low-polygon pack. (I currently have a Sandy-Bridge pentium laptop with such GFX that runs it OK with such)

I want TF2 so bad. Give me x86 and an intel HD2500 or better and I'll be quiet and play TF2 with a low-polygon pack. (I currently have a Sandy-Bridge pentium laptop with such GFX that runs it OK with such)
Good luck with that ;) This was meant to be a thread about realism tho :D

*brb*

35 seconds in photoshop later :D

Obviously the unit would be thicker.. and have ports for the SD slots :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get the thing looking how I wanted it.. ;)

I need ED to give me some positive reenforcement before I commit to spending time on it   :wub:

^ This. I would kill for x86, even if it meant 5 hour battery or 2.5 gaming. 

I would just want fm and rumble features built in and I be a happy camper ... maybe a multipoint resistance screen too...

Please DAB/DVB/DMB :wub:

Would make the P2 a very capable PMP...

I think pandora 2 or draggie ( or whatever it will be named) should at least be able to totally murder the nvidia's project shield. 

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-4-processor.html

Which according to Nvidia's website, it has 4*1.9 ghz :wub:  cores  + a ninja :ph34r:  chip as its cpu, coupled with a high memory frequency and supports ultra HD and super high resolution. 

I know its a tough thing to achieve, but it is reasonable. From an economical perspective,  I see no reason to buy a P2 if Nvidia's device can do things better and probably be cheaper to get.

Even I don't think the shield thing will succeed; this is still the bottom-line that ED may need to take into consideration.  :wacko:

On the other side, from what I gathered so far, the shield has battery life similar to the bastard child of the Atari lynx mated with a mayfly that has contracted HIV. <_<  So, still if P2 can maintain the fantastic 10 hour battery, I would definitely give my money and soul to ED. 

Being able to play windows 95 era games on a handheld is always my dream. However. transfering to x86 platform would cause the p2 to lose its android compatibility and ruin all the efforts the community has spent on making pandora's apps. I don't know if that is the right thing to do. Also, pandora is designed with a niche appeal in mind. Doing that sort of consumerism heel kissing would be felt as a betrayal by many. No need to mention that windows 8 tablets and phones will be the new high end standards in a few month, and they will be mostly x86 devices. 

As much I would love to finally be able to play thief 2 on a 5 inch handheld, I have to say that moving to x86 has its cons outweigh its benefits. 

The P2/Myriad will fit in your pocket. And will have a keyboard.

That gives us a disadvantage under nvidia's thingum :(

The P2/Myriad will fit in your pocket. And will have a keyboard.

That gives us a disadvantage under nvidia's thingum :(
You are certainly right as always. I think shield looks ugly as frankenstein, grrr, 's monster's bride's ugly weathered mom. No idea what kind of backwater hunchback mole-people they hired to design that unholy abomination.

My point is actually comparing them performance-wise. If pandora can cripple Nvidia's big fat boomerang on this front, this can seriously add to our advantage. Just imagine how wonderful when ED presents the Draggie in front of major distributors and journalists and totally blown them away with how Draggie does and Nvidon't. 

Definitely stick with ARM architecture. X86 chips are inefficient power hungry dinosaurs that should become extinct asap.

There are a few UI things that really bug me about the current Pandora:

- The first is the horrid scratchscreen/ tapscreen, because any reasonable dragging motion on that screen will cause it to scratch. Try dragging a folder in XFCE...or play a NDS image in DraStic that requires fast motions on the screen...

- The 2nd is the bubble keyboard. The current iCP2 design should solve that, but I hope that the next Pandora will have more keys than the iCP2, because even the current iCP2 design is still lacking for proper coding on the go. To top that off, the buttons leave dust on the screen.

- The nubs are OK, but should never get button-press events assigned to them as they are right now. An upgrade that would allow you to toggle the nubs between truly omnidirectional and 8-directional with clear clicks at the edges would be a dream to me.

This is a wishlist of consoles/ computers that a P2 should really be able to emulate:

- PSP

- NDS (including the 3D-titles...)

- All DOS games, including the later ones like Fallout and Daggerfall.

- a Pentium I gen. computer running Win95/98 including all the games for that platform through Qemu/ Bochs.

If at all possible:

- Dreamcast

- Gamecube

- PS2

-  Eh, ehm...Saturn (right, fat chance...)

PS2 emulation would be godly.

I have a question, but it might seem rather silly. People mentioned before that having multiple usb ports would really use a lot of power... would it be possible to just turn off the usb ports until you need to use them? I don't have a pandora or anything, i'm just curious.

I have a question, but it might seem rather silly. People mentioned before that having multiple usb ports would really use a lot of power... would it be possible to just turn off the usb ports until you need to use them? I don't have a pandora or anything, i'm just curious.
You realize you need the power of current high end gaming desktops to achieve decent speeds on PS2 emulation right? I'm not sure if Mobile computing will be where current desktops are for sometime.

About the USB ports, that is exactly what the current Pandora does. Although running multiple ports at once, it's often best to use a powered USB hub.

You realize you need the power of current high end gaming desktops to achieve decent speeds on PS2 emulation right? I'm not sure if Mobile computing will be where current desktops are for sometime.

About the USB ports, that is exactly what the current Pandora does. Although running multiple ports at once, it's often best to use a powered USB hub.
Oh, i know. I said that it would be godly, how does that in any way imply that it would be realistic? ;)

Ahh, alright, thanks ^-^

Being able to play windows 95 era games on a handheld is always my dream. However. transfering to x86 platform would cause the p2 to lose its android compatibility and ruin all the efforts the community has spent on making pandora's apps. I don't know if that is the right thing to do. Also, pandora is designed with a niche appeal in mind. Doing that sort of consumerism heel kissing would be felt as a betrayal by many. No need to mention that windows 8 tablets and phones will be the new high end standards in a few month, and they will be mostly x86 devices. 

As much I would love to finally be able to play thief 2 on a 5 inch handheld, I have to say that moving to x86 has its cons outweigh its benefits. 
Razer, Y U no release Razer Switchblade.

Razer, Y U no release Razer Switchblade.
Wasnt that thing atom based?

Back