Real Eta Please!?

ThaDSman said:
crade said:
ThaDSman said:
A little help here, I'm trying to get my refund right, but I'm having a lil trouble
See I actually spent $372.57 USD according to my bank
11/18/09 -372.57 GOOGLE *OPENPANDORALTD
But I'm only getting refunded $340.XX USD
Could this be due to my TV-out being added later or have the exchange rates really change that drastically?
...I want my 30 bones back :(
The exchange rates have changed
According to http://www.oanda.com...ency/converter/
372.57 US = 249.717 Euros on 11/18/09 and
249.717 Euros = 337.170 US today.

...stupid, weak, American money...
cool converter, does it tell the future too? ;)

Actually, that means US money is worth more (250 euros buys you less US money today than it did on 11/18/09)
I just googled "currency converter date" to find that thing. :)

Edit: I should say either US money is worth more, or Euros are worth less depending on how you look at it

Last edited by a moderator:
IT'S NEVER COMING!
tweek-296x300.jpg

GOD IS CAUSING THE DELAYS! Even God is preventing the Pandora!

Gruso said:
Yeah, can't the bloody English use a better time zone? :p

It's 1.20pm where I am, it does get confusing trying to figure out what time & date it is everywhere else. At one point I wanted to set up some clocks on my desktop for Europe, China and Canada but that would have been a little too obsessive.
You could buy a computer. Lets assume you have one. Install Linux, open 3 terminals, enter "tzselect" in each and set the time zone, run "bash", then start "xclock" in each of them. There you go.

If you put all those xclocks on a different work space this might actually be useful :)

EDIT:
@crade: the EURO is currently weak. :(

Creature XL said:
Install Linux, open 3 terminals, enter "tzselect" in each and set the time zone, run "bash", then start "xclock" in each of them. There you go.

If you put all those xclocks on a different work space this might actually be useful :)

... or use a KDE4 widget ;)

Last edited:
Yea I had multiple clocks on my desktop. Then I found a widget that gives a stack of digital clocks. No too intrusive even on my Eee's tiny screen, let alone my 22 inch desktop screen.

EvilDragon said:
... or use a KDE4 widget ;)

In the default clock, you can select all the time zones you want to see, and it will show the dates/time on hover.

clockq.png

Pff... The panel clock included in Gnome also has already international clock functionality integrated, no need for extra stuff and even better than KDE4's clock
2r40nds.png

Attachments

• 2r40nds.png
    2r40nds.png
    88 KB · Views: 127
Sorry to interrupt the clock conversation, but does anyone know how long after the refund, till your account gets credited? I ordered via Google Checkout with my debit card.

ThaDSman said:
Sorry to interrupt the clock conversation, but does anyone know how long after the refund, till your account gets credited? I ordered via Google Checkout with my debit card.

I would wait for Jacquelyn to respond to that one, but I'm betting two business days at least.

quadomatic said:
ThaDSman said:

I would wait for Jacquelyn to respond to that one, but I'm betting two business days at least.

Jacquelyn is still around? I've just been talking to Debs, and se always takes forever to respond...days sometimes

Gruso said:
I paid about $450AUD in 2008. If I was refunded now I'd get about $350AUD back.

Pfft, money. It's all pretend anyway.

Would you rather trade in chickens? I like the black ones myself, but I think it will be more efficient to trade for the Pandora in cows.

Edit: These cows will not be Two Months™ until gestated. That is not an equivalent exchange.

ThaDSman said:
Jacquelyn is still around? I've just been talking to Debs, and se always takes forever to respond...days sometimes

Are you meaning that taking days to answer your mail is not acceptable ????

Right, so take her seat and we'll how well you'll be doing....

ThaDSman said:
crade said:
ThaDSman said:
A little help here, I'm trying to get my refund right, but I'm having a lil trouble
See I actually spent $372.57 USD according to my bank
11/18/09 -372.57 GOOGLE *OPENPANDORALTD
But I'm only getting refunded $340.XX USD
Could this be due to my TV-out being added later or have the exchange rates really change that drastically?
...I want my 30 bones back :(
The exchange rates have changed
According to http://www.oanda.com...ency/converter/
372.57 US = 249.717 Euros on 11/18/09 and
249.717 Euros = 337.170 US today.

...stupid, weak, American money...
cool converter, does it tell the future too? ;)

Actually, that means that the USD has grown in value against the Euro (Euros have less buying power then they did), so, "stupid, strong, American money"

sebt3 said:
ThaDSman said:

...It's kinda not acceptable <_< , but hey what do I know?
If it were my job, I would have to reply to every message that comes within the same day.
I had basically the same type of job for two years...
But then again this isn't exactly your traditional business, so I ain't hatin... ya naw mean?

ThaDSman said:
sebt3 said:
ThaDSman said:

If it were my job, I would have to reply to every message that comes within the same day.
But then again this isn't exactly your traditional business, so I ain't hatin... ya naw mean?

Dude these are Europeans.. Do not necessarily have the same sense of urgency when it comes to response times as those across the pond.. No offense of course, a bit of a generlaziation but more or less true.

bodhee said:
ThaDSman said:
sebt3 said:
ThaDSman said:

Dude these are Europeans.. Do not necessarily have the same sense of urgency when it comes to response times as those across the pond.. No offense of course, a bit of a generlaziation but more or less true.
I'm going to assume you're American, so by your logic, you're obese. No offense of course, a bit of a generalization but more or less true.

(naw)mcx said:
bodhee said:
I'm going to assume you're American, so by your logic, you're obese. No offense of course, a bit of a generalization but more or less true.
I'm going to assume you're Scottish, so by bodhee's logic, you wear a kilt and eat haggis. No offense of course, a bit of a generalization but more or less true.
GOGOGO It's the stereotype game :D.

Back