Real Eta Please!?

ThaDSman said:
WolfSpider said:
It depends, lets just hope the volcano stops. ;)

...Volcano?
The volcano that we've been talking about for the last few days? The one that has all flights in and out of the UK grounded? The one that could add a few weeks (or possibly months, but likely only a couple of days, we don't know, that's the trouble with natural disasters) to the delivery time of all parts for the Pandora? That volcano?
Nope, no idea what he's talking about either. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I didn't even see any comments, now I ctrl f5 and there's 2 pages of post.
Thanks for the replies.But I was wanting to hear something more like in a month or something.

The thing is, I am in desperate need of a good phone, but I'm dead broke... so I might be needing to get a refund on my Pandora... for now.
I'll order Second batch though, when I get a job. I was just wanted to hear some good news to justify keeping my first batch order.

Edit: I had no idea there was a volcanic eruption, that's horrible... *checks google*

You know, if we used high velocity pods in an elaborate network of tubes, we could avoid air traffic altogether. It would be the internets of transport.

lol, it's been all over the non-Pandora news. For some reason, I keep expecting to hear the anchor say, "This will stall Pandora production for at least another two months."

Gerix said:
lol, it's been all over the non-Pandora news. For some reason, I keep expecting to hear the anchor say, "This will stall Pandora production for at least another two months."
Do you own cats?

ThaDSman said:
I am sorry to be a pest like this, but I really need to know. When is my Pandora most likely to arrive? I believe I am in the 32XX position (According to Jaquelyn several months ago).
I keep hearing all this talk about the 1000 nearly being ready to ship, but nothing about the other 2895...
How long after the first 1000, before the others can be produced?
Until those first 500-1000 start to ship, there is no use at all discussing the remaining 3000. ;) As the first 1000 is still nothing more than a bad dream, that never seems to end!

Chris

jumpman said:
ThaDSman said:
I am sorry to be a pest like this, but I really need to know. When is my Pandora most likely to arrive? I believe I am in the 32XX position (According to Jaquelyn several months ago).
I keep hearing all this talk about the 1000 nearly being ready to ship, but nothing about the other 2895...
How long after the first 1000, before the others can be produced?
Until those first 500-1000 start to ship, there is no use at all discussing the remaining 3000. ;) As the first 1000 is still nothing more than a ad dream, that never seems to end!

Chris

Ya, I might just get a refund then. But now I gotta find a date where the rates are as they were when I ordered when £223.00 equaled $348 USD

WizardStan said:
ThaDSman said:
WolfSpider said:
It depends, lets just hope the volcano stops. ;)

...Volcano?
The volcano that we've been talking about for the last few days? The one that has all flights in and out of the UK grounded? The one that could add a few weeks (or possibly months, but likely only a couple of days, we don't know, that's the trouble with natural disasters) to the delivery time of all parts for the Pandora? That volcano?
Nope, no idea what he's talking about either. :p

Lol, well I've been avoiding topics that didn't sound like progress to me, except the "Reveal yourselves" thread....really liked that thread...

Anyway I've updated myself now, So I'm informed now.

I think its hilarious all the people saying "oh, it'll probably be settled down after the weekend .." Hah hah! These things can take years - if not decades - before they suddenly stop, and no matter how much the talking heads spout off confidently about it, *nobody has the foggiest idea when this volcano is going to stop*.

If only there was some way to bottle up the suckage of modern civilization and ship it to Iceland to capture the ash .. ;)

Well,. while it is not known when the volcano will stop, I'm pretty sure UPS and the other delivery services will find a workaround by delivering via Germany / France to UK in worst case, don't you think?
Or are you really thinking UK isn't getting ANY shipments anymore for the next two years? ;)

First, let UPS handle out this chaos (I guess the Express packages have a higher priority), then let's see when they will tell us when everything will be shipped.
Could mean a week delay in the shipments, but, well, this is no small issue for air traffic and delivery services here.

The good news is that they are keeping a close eye on the cloud, and you can track it from the met office website. None of this would have happened if jeff Goldblum hadn't messed up teleportation.

I'm sure they are constructing a giant cork to put into the volcano right now, so no worries.

Kagato said:
To put things in perspective, the news this morning reported the airlines are losing about 1.5 million dollars each hour while flights are grounded. While this is bad news for OpenPandora, it's a lot worse for many other people.

Airlines should be insured against such things, and that's probably a bad statistic (i.e. the sum of every European airlines income, not the usual expected profit of a particular single airline). Worry for the insurers, not the airlines. Additionally, considering how much it costs to run an airline, you should be prepared for losses of that magnitude as a matter of course (staff strike, air crash, safety issue, etc.). I wouldn't want to be flying on an airline that couldn't afford to lose a month's income without having to do something drastic - otherwise you might *never* get back from holiday.

Additionally, take a look here: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/prices/ When a plane costs several hundred million dollars, and is in daily use, your running costs are already on the order of that amount to just maintain a fleet of them normally, not any special circumstances, so you better be making a LOT more money and have a pretty enormous slush fund to tide you over, or you wouldn't be able to run an airline for one second... just the loan payments on a plane would be extraordinary. So the fact that the airlines are losing money for a day/week/month? Ah, diddums... I feel so sad for them. But if they go out of business, they were *always* going to go out of business anyway. Any idea how much a stand at Heathrow costs? Or aviation fuel? Or staff? Or the average wage of two qualified airline pilots? Or ABTA membership? Or insuring a fleet? $36m a day is a drop in the ocean, especially if you that's a *cumulative* total across all airlines.

ledow said:
Kagato said:
To put things in perspective, the news this morning reported the airlines are losing about 1.5 million dollars each hour while flights are grounded. While this is bad news for OpenPandora, it's a lot worse for many other people.

Airlines should be insured against such things, and that's probably a bad statistic (i.e. the sum of every European airlines income, not the usual expected profit of a particular single airline). Worry for the insurers, not the airlines.

I suspect that airlines company are not 100% insured as the fee for that would prolly ruin them...

Personally I like this approach.

#!/usr/bin/python

from random import *
day = randint(1,355)
day = str(day)
print "The Pandora will ship in %s days." % day

TrashyMG said:
Personally I like this approach.

#!/usr/bin/python

from random import *
day = randint(1,355)
day = str(day)
print "The Pandora will ship in %s days." % day

yep, but with randint(1,355) returning any int from 1 to 255 as long as it is 61

Back