Real Eta Please!?

ThaDSman

I am sorry to be a pest like this, but I really need to know. When is my Pandora most likely to arrive? I believe I am in the 32XX position (According to Jaquelyn several months ago).
I keep hearing all this talk about the 1000 nearly being ready to ship, but nothing about the other 2895...
How long after the first 1000, before the others can be produced?

I don't think the volcano cutting off air traffic has too much to do with it.

Craig mentioned that the boards should have been in the air, but were not.
The cases were not sent when they were supposed to be (prior to the volcano).

Edit:
It could not mean that they did not ship - but it's vague, I'll take it as they're still in Dallas.

craigix said:
NightArck said:
From what I understood the parts heading from the US to England were already in air before the volcano erupted, did they make it?

I thought they were on a direct flight from Dallas to UK, but it seems not.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an answerable question in there (not that I have the answer). Obviously ETAs are impossible to give right now thanks to the volcano. But we do know that Texas already has the go-ahead to make all 4,000 boards. What we don't know about is the remainder of the cases.

If we forget about shipping times and volcanic eruptions for a moment we can probably ask these questions: What happens after the first 1,000 cases? At what stage in the process will China be told to make the rest, and what factors will contribute to the decision? Are the painted cases good enough already that another 9,000 can be ordered?

As long as we don't try and pin OPT to dates and timeframes. They're not going to answer questions that will quite obviously backfire on them.

kingoddball said:

Edit:
It could not mean that they did not ship - but it's vague, I'll take it as they're still in Dallas.

craigix said:
NightArck said:
From what I understood the parts heading from the US to England were already in air before the volcano erupted, did they make it?

The boards, LCDs, etc. were all picked up by UPS a while ago but looks like they didn't make it to UK before the volcano eruption.
UPS is currently sorting out everything (you can imagine this caused a bit of chaos), the current receiving time is therefore unknown (at least for the next few days).

The cases are produced, now they are getting painted and then shipped.
Hopefully the volcano chaos is over until then so that the shipment will be quick.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up...now if only we had giant vacuums to clear up volcanic ash plumes

One question though - are all 4000 cases being produced (and shipped at the same time), or only the first 1000?

kingoddball said:

Edit:

craigix said:
NightArck said:

I'm pretty sure the only way to interpret that is that the parts did get shipped - Craig thought they were going directly to the UK, but they're actually going somewhere else first and then being transported to the UK from there. There's no other reason that he'd mention the fact that it was (well, was not) a direct flight.

EDIT: OMG, ninjas everywhere! :ph34r:

Doesn't this Volcano have the ability to erupt for a few years? I heard that on the news, have no idea if it's correct. Another two years added onto the wait if that's true, but the bigger problem will be some sort of climate change. . .

The people living there wouldn't tolerate no air traffic for 2 years.

I'm sure if it becomes a persistent problem, someone will figure out a way around it. ;)

Hey maybe it'll help slow down global warming! Okay probably not but seriously global commerce isnt going to let something like catastrophic climate change to keep them from making money. Eventually they'll just start flying around it or using ships.

second exodous said:
Doesn't this Volcano have the ability to erupt for a few years? I heard that on the news, have no idea if it's correct. Another two years added onto the wait if that's true, but the bigger problem will be some sort of climate change. . .

It could erupt for years, look at Hawaii. But the eruption would lessen considerably, therefore not affecting air travel or the climate(too much).

That same handful is hellbent on getting some flights going soon, news this evening was reporting those with successful flight tests are pressing for a removal on the flight ban and intend on getting back to 50% of their normal schedules by next Wednesday.

Still, noting this disaster it could mean it's time for OP to take out some meteor insurance.

I've already gone on three trips abroad that I intended to have the Pandora for, but didn't. I have another big trip coming up at the end of May, so if we're not shipping by mid-May then I have to be done. I'm sad about it, but I can't wait any more.

To put things in perspective, the news this morning reported the airlines are losing about 1.5 million dollars each hour while flights are grounded.

While this is bad news for OpenPandora, it's a lot worse for many other people.

WOAH! My computers frackin up! Two topics?
And I didn't even know the first one went through! And now its 2 pages long...
...Not cool mozilla, Mods please delete this topic.

Back